British Speedway Forum

Gerhard Engine

Gerhard are now advertising the GTR for British based riders only @£3950+vat

Absolute bargain

It was this at the start of the season.The BSPA were hoping they would get plenty of takers i assume to bring the overall costs down.With Lindgren doing as well as he is you can only assume more riders will take this offer up.It would be interesting to know which riders use them now.I'm sure Porsing does,is Lambert still using them?

It was this at the start of the season.The BSPA were hoping they would get plenty of takers i assume to bring the overall costs down.With Lindgren doing as well as he is you can only assume more riders will take this offer up.It would be interesting to know which riders use them now.I'm sure Porsing does,is Lambert still using them?

The thing that will send the sales soaring is when Freddie categorically states that his engine is out of the box ,and has not been treated to special servicing schedules ,, I wouldn't be at all surprised if PJR or one of the others gets hold of a GTR that he can sabotage and sel on to be proved unsuccesful , however if freddie comes up with the ultimate marketing advert , PJR and all the others better start looking for another gravy train ,because this one will be derailed . well done Freddie , on more than 1 count yesterday !!

The thing that will send the sales soaring is when Freddie categorically states that his engine is out of the box ,and has not been treated to special servicing schedules ,, I wouldn't be at all surprised if PJR or one of the others gets hold of a GTR that he can sabotage and sel on to be proved unsuccesful , however if freddie comes up with the ultimate marketing advert , PJR and all the others better start looking for another gravy train ,because this one will be derailed . well done Freddie , on more than 1 count yesterday !!

Why would any rider buy a GTR from PJR or others instead of through GTR or their agents though?

• Like 2

Ha ha ha, if you honestly believe Fast Freddie's GTR is a bog standard out of the box engine, then you are totally deluded.

If it is, then ask if you can buy it for £3,950+vat, shouldn't be a problem, as he could just bolt another one in, straight out of the box.

Edited by Lord Skid
  • Like 1

Ha ha ha, if you honestly believe Fast Freddie's GTR is a bog standard out of the box engine, then you are totally deluded.

If it is, then ask if you can buy it for £3,950+vat, shouldn't be a problem, as he could just bolt another one in, straight out of the box.

the GTR you buy is the same one that Freddie uses same parts etc but you may have change settings to suit you but it is the same engine and parts , the point being if it's totally reliable and as Freddie has proved fast enough then I can see a few more appearing at a higher level , a couple of the top poles have them and are testing them but as yet none are being used in league racing over there Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

Hey I'm all for an inexpensive engine with lower running costs. Sounds perfect for reducing costs in a shrinking sport.

But did Freddie or anyone else say his was a standard engine last night? Don't get the wrong message. I'm chuffed to see Freddie doing well but let's not misrepresent what we're seeing

Edited by False dawn

Hey I'm all for an inexpensive engine with lower running costs. Sounds perfect for reducing costs in a shrinking sport.

But did Freddie or anyone else say his was a standard engine last night? Don't get the wrong message. I'm chuffed to see Freddie doing well but let's not misrepresent what we're seeing

ok Freddie is using the same piston rod, flywheel ,valves ,springs , bearings, shafts all used in a standard GTR , he may use a different cam or not but everything is is the same , so unless you can think of any other special parts ? . There is no need to change the bits as top bits are already fitted, some tuners may disagree that the parts used are any good but the point is they are working , they are lasting so why would he change, Freddie is a very intelligent rider, who knows the throttle works both ways and yes he has gerhard in his corner but once the engine is in the bike even gerhard cant change any engine part , so it's down to a clever rider and team to set the engine up Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

polish carbs are no different to any other carb , every rider uses blixt all over the world[/quote

Must be that 34mm gets lost in translation then.

they get checked just like they do in Britain , not saying it hasn't gone on but you will get caught if you do

ok Freddie is using the same piston rod, flywheel ,valves ,springs , bearings, shafts all used in a standard GTR , he may use a different cam or not but everything is is the same , so unless you can think of any other special parts ? . There is no need to change the bits as top bits are already fitted, some tuners may disagree that the parts used are any good but the point is they are working , they are lasting so why would he change, Freddie is a very intelligent rider, who knows the throttle works both ways and yes he has gerhard in his corner but once the engine is in the bike even gerhard cant change any engine part , so it's down to a clever rider and team to set the engine up

So they are not all really the same then , the cam is probably the main component for peak power performance he maybe has a different cam for small tracks medium tracks and big tracks that makes a hellava difference if your buying a sealed engine and if the warranty is only for a sealed engine guess you can't change the cam

• Like 1

Not so long ago, last season, Greg Hancock was saying that '" it's not all in the set up" and at the time he was doing a Freddie i.e. flying and climbing high in the GP world. He then said that most of it was in the rider;s mind and I bet that is where a lot of on track success lies IF you have very good kit! Certainly confidence, experience and talent allied to self confidence is great part of the make up of a successful rider. Buying a GTR is not going to add to the skills a rider has but it should be much cheaper to run - we are assured.

Not so long ago, last season, Greg Hancock was saying that '" it's not all in the set up" and at the time he was doing a Freddie i.e. flying and climbing high in the GP world. He then said that most of it was in the rider;s mind and I bet that is where a lot of on track success lies IF you have very good kit! Certainly confidence, experience and talent allied to self confidence is great part of the make up of a successful rider. Buying a GTR is not going to add to the skills a rider has but it should be much cheaper to run - we are assured.

The riders who use them in this country seem to have generally been given a boost in form since getting them.

• Like 1

So they are not all really the same then , the cam is probably the main component for peak power performance he maybe has a different cam for small tracks medium tracks and big tracks that makes a hellava difference if your buying a sealed engine and if the warranty is only for a sealed engine guess you can't change the cam

i didn't say they were different cams I said maybe or maybe not Freddie is using one , on this engine it's a twin cam so you will be able adjust either cam to suit bigger/ smaller tracks rather than Change a single one on which is fixed ,as far as I'm told (by someone very close to these engines )these engines are as you buy them but obviously you need to adjust to suit Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

I would imagine Freddie is like a development rider. If there are new bits to being developed then Freddie would be the guy to get the first.

Some might say that's not fair but that's how it goes. Buy a new car today and a new upgraded model comes out next week then tough, that's life.

Things got to move forward and the same with a race engine. No doubt GM and tuners will be working madly to get extra power from their engine/tweaks - that's life.

• Like 2

thats the thing

how do we know

maybe it is tweaked a bit maybe it isnt

but how many gm's go straight on track without being atleast stripped to see if there bolted up right