British Speedway Forum

Gerhard Engine

If looking at a shortening of race lengths then the one idea would be 1/2 lap races because if you are honest at least 50% of races are over before the 3rd bend. And you could have 30 of them or even 50. With rev limiters fitted the increased number of starts would not lead to more wear and tear on engines. Yes you would miss out on the 3% of real races with passing that are worth watching. If not I go with the idea of one lap races and have 30 in a match. All of these with no "gardening" of course - up to the tapes and Go!

Ive mentioned the no gardening thing several times, and got jumped on Im suprised you've not been jumped on as well.

Ive mentioned the no gardening thing several times, and got jumped on Im suprised you've not been jumped on as well.

Noone has denied gardening happens, you were "jumped on" because you claimed it didn't happen in the past, which is patently false.

And if you've taken this post as a serious suggestion, that's setting new standards, even for you.

• Like 1

Noone has denied gardening happens, you were "jumped on" because you claimed it didn't happen in the past, which is patently false.

And if you've taken this post as a serious suggestion, that's setting new standards, even for you.

I'd like to call you a troll, but your worse than that.. Clearly your infatuated with me. :nono:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

No need, just add a start gate and line on the back straight, give the ref some binoculars to do the starts, the finish will be on Tue old start line, so 2 refs not required....

half lap races that dont finish til Tuesday - just how long is this track? 😆😛
  • Like 3

You are very sweet starman, but not my type. Care to point out which part of my post was inaccurate?

Care to stop trolling my posts. Thank you. Oh, and you definately are not my type.

because its for a speedway bike If you were to buy an NGK-RO-045J-10 for another type of bike they are only £10 , well providing you don't buy it from Joe hughes because his are special speedway ones that's why they are 4 times the price ;) I have heard briggo is bringing one out . it will be in it's own box with briggo on it and not NGK , so naturally it will have to be a little more expensive I heard £142 mooted , but that depends if the SCB will make a rule that only ones from boxes stamped with briggo are legal

because its for a speedway bike If you were to buy an NGK-RO-045J-10 for another type of bike they are only £10 , well providing you don't buy it from Joe hughes because his are special speedway ones that's why they are 4 times the price ;) I have heard briggo is bringing one out . it will be in it's own box with briggo on it and not NGK , so naturally it will have to be a little more expensive I heard £142 mooted , but that depends if the SCB will make a rule that only ones from boxes stamped with briggo are legal

That's interesting, can you provide a link to actual product and price?

Maybe Speedway could be like track cycling with separate events in one night & going to 6 man teams

4 Lap Race

Sprint -

• Match races x6
  • 2 laps
  • No1 v No1, No2 v No2 etc
  • Point scoring of 1 for the winner, 0 for loser

Team sprint -

• Standard 6 Heats
  • No2 & No6 v No2 & No6, 3 & 4 v 3 & 4, 1 & 5 v 1 & 5
  • Race each other twice
  • Standard point scoring system of 3,2,1,0

16 Lap Race

Team pursuit -

• 4 heats
  • Home team start/finish from the home straight
  • Away team start/finish from the back straight
  • Heat 1 - No2, 4, 6 v No1, 3, 5
  • Heat 2 - No1, 3, 5 v No2, 4, 6
  • Heat 3 - No2, 4, 6 v No2, 4, 6
  • Heat 4 - No1, 3, 5 v No1, 3, 5
  • Point scoring of 5,4,3,2,1,0
  • First team of 3 riders across the finish pick up 5 bonus points

No need for filling in a program either as there would be a BSPA app / Website that has real time live results with these being completed direct from the meeting referee

• Like 2

Maybe Speedway could be like track cycling with separate events in one night & going to 6 man teams

4 Lap Race

Sprint -

• Match races x6
  • 2 laps
  • No1 v No1, No2 v No2 etc
  • Point scoring of 1 for the winner, 0 for loser

Team sprint -

• Standard 6 Heats
  • No2 & No6 v No2 & No6, 3 & 4 v 3 & 4, 1 & 5 v 1 & 5
  • Race each other twice
  • Standard point scoring system of 3,2,1,0

16 Lap Race

Team pursuit -

• 4 heats
  • Home team start/finish from the home straight
  • Away team start/finish from the back straight
  • Heat 1 - No2, 4, 6 v No1, 3, 5
  • Heat 2 - No1, 3, 5 v No2, 4, 6
  • Heat 3 - No2, 4, 6 v No2, 4, 6
  • Heat 4 - No1, 3, 5 v No1, 3, 5
  • Point scoring of 5,4,3,2,1,0
  • First team of 3 riders across the finish pick up 5 bonus points

No need for filling in a program either as there would be a BSPA app / Website that has real time live results with these being completed direct from the meeting referee

We could have a veteran guest on the Derny bike.

• Like 1

That's interesting, can you provide a link to actual product and price?

heres an iridium r (resistor) @ £11.99 . not the exact one because I cant be bothered to look through myriads ,but the same spec http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/NGK-IRIDIUM-RACING-COMPETITION-SPARK-PLUG-R-7435-9-NEW/282129468764?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D7c77144e5a6349e8877ba36dbdd85e2b%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D2139674539650540165&_qi=RTM2063723