British Speedway Forum

Gerhard Engine

Are Freddies Gerhards still in (out the box) condition, or have they been in the hands of PJR or another tuner...

No idea as to the state of tune , but regardless of there condition the money men are sweating , PJR ,ashtek , etc have probably clubbed together to buy one and had their heads together how to get 1% more out of it .so as to be able to charge extortion for some gold plated screws or something , It's an interesting point though whether it's out of the box . I also wonder If Gerhard has been going to meetings and giving some technical input like he did for a while with Harris, Maybe Freddie is Like Rossi and has the ability to know what works best himself

Edited by speedibee

No idea as to the state of tune , but regardless of there condition the money men are sweating , PJR ,ashtek , etc have probably clubbed together to buy one and had their heads together how to get 1% more out of it .so as to be able to charge extortion for some gold plated screws or something , It's an interesting point though whether it's out of the box . I also wonder If Gerhard has been going to meetings and giving some technical input like he did for a while with Harris, Maybe Freddie is Like Rossi and has the ability to know what works best himself

Anyone out there in the know on this issue ? If (Freddie Lindgrens) Gerhards are running straight out of the box, or wether or not any of the tuners have had their mits on them??

Anyone know??

Watching Harris on Saturday, he was actually quick, his last race in particular kept a very fast Janowski behind him. It's just his starting is so bad. He's literally giving the other riders 10 yards at the start every heat.

Watching Harris on Saturday, he was actually quick, his last race in particular kept a very fast Janowski behind him. It's just his starting is so bad. He's literally giving the other riders 10 yards at the start every heat.

I disagree, far too often he gets into a scoring position and then loses it again. He was blaming his clutches on Saturday, I very much doubt that anyone who has worked on them would believe that. He just isn't hard enough.

to me .on Saturday he made some reasonable starts ,but then after 2 laps seemed to lose the will to keep battling , I have heard other top riders say he doesnt even sit on the bike right at the start , and Im pretty sure someone will have tried to help him before now but does he listen and take heed ?

Marcel has not been at Wolves this season nor was he at Kings Lynn which surprised me

i think the gerhard engine has improved since last year,

bomber said all clutches on 3 bikes were contaminated with something from the workshop, sounds like someone didnt check them properly when installing

I know someone . who used chainsaw oil in the primary chain oiler . kept having problems with contaminated clutches because the centrifugal force flicked the oil onto the clutch plates

I know someone . who used chainsaw oil in the primary chain oiler . kept having problems with contaminated clutches because the centrifugal force flicked the oil onto the clutch plates

Nothing wrong with chainsaw oil. Pi$$ poor preparation was probably the problem.

Its logical to say that centrifugal force would flick any sort of oil onto the plates.

Its logical to say that centrifugal force would flick any sort of oil onto the plates.

chainsaw oil gets flicked off the chain the air and the force stretch it out .like the sugar in a candy floss machine and when you are sitting at the start .engine revving full out and clutch plates are apart the strands go in the tiny gaps and contaminate the plates . normal oil is much lower viscosity and the centrifugal force throws it onto the chain guard . but hey what would I know . never been closer to a speedway bike than the keyboard of my computer

• Like 1

chainsaw oil gets flicked off the chain the air and the force stretch it out .like the sugar in a candy floss machine and when you are sitting at the start .engine revving full out and clutch plates are apart the strands go in the tiny gaps and contaminate the plates . normal oil is much lower viscosity and the centrifugal force throws it onto the chain guard . but hey what would I know . never been closer to a speedway bike than the keyboard of my computer

In 10 years of using chainsaw oil for the primary chain I have never had a problem.

In 10 years of using chainsaw oil for the primary chain I have never had a problem.

well with the old japs and the BSA 3 plate clutches I'm not surprised , the bike I had a look at though was a bit more modern ,and the plates looked like they had, had 20 minutes in the chip pan .

• 2 weeks later...

I notice on Facebook and perhaps it has already been mentioned, but Trevor Hedge is a distributor of the Gerhard engine. Trevor Hedge is also a tuner. Does it mean this engine is no more 'out of the box/crate' than a GM?