British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Devils Vs Ipswich Witches 22/5/15 Lc

Lets answer some of the questions posed regarding Ryan Fisher.

Good to watch? Not for me. Hes all over the place like an out of control junior. Inside, outside, weaving all over the place. Im only commenting on his racing at the SBA, as I don’t travel anymore. Some of his moves border on dangerous. Still not sure how he didn’t crash and take others with him on Friday. He falls off far too often for a rider of his experience. Friday, after chasing Manzares for a couple of laps,never looked like taking him, he simply slid off on his own. Only got a point because there were only 3 riders in the race! A few weeks ago, he was off gate 1, took the others straight to the fence, forcing Morris to either bale out or visit the burger van. On Friday youd think his life depended coming 2nd in Ht15, such was his efforts at blocking and almost bringing Newman off.

Averages. Its been mentioned that Ashley Morris has dropped from his green sheet starting average of 4.31. As of 1st June, it stands at 4.00, making a drop of 0.31 so far. Fisher started on 7.89 and now stands at 6.74, making a drop of 1.15. Significantly worse, Id say.

Its Fishers lack of early season form that has left the Devils struggling, far more than some of the others.He is only now starting to score better.40+ pts from 4 meetings is good, but just shows up even more how badly he has been riding so far, as his average is still well down.

Regarding his machinery problem, thats down to his unprofessionalism. He only recently discovered that the frame was twisted. The number of times he falls,surely something as basic as that should have been noticed long before it took him to find it? A twisted frame is fairly easy to spot, even I can do that, and have done!

Re Ashley Morris. Give the lad a break! He was coming back from serious injuries. He had a new home track in the EL and PL. He needed time to settle, but frequently taking 6 or 7 rides was bound to take its toll. I am upset that hes been dropped. Risager has also dropped his starting average, not by 0.31 but by 0.81 from 7.36 to 6.55. To me, he is the rider who should be looking over his shoulder.The way he got in Holders way on Friday suggested he was helping Ipswich. He team rode him out to perfection.

I genuinely don’t think Kurtz is the answer to the Devils problems. Risager is to me on borrowed time.Off track he is very good, but on track just lately, he has been very poor.

Lets answer some of the questions posed regarding Ryan Fisher.

Good to watch? Not for me. Hes all over the place like an out of control junior. Inside, outside, weaving all over the place. Im only commenting on his racing at the SBA, as I dont travel anymore. Some of his moves border on dangerous. Still not sure how he didnt crash and take others with him on Friday. He falls off far too often for a rider of his experience. Friday, after chasing Manzares for a couple of laps,never looked like taking him, he simply slid off on his own. Only got a point because there were only 3 riders in the race! A few weeks ago, he was off gate 1, took the others straight to the fence, forcing Morris to either bale out or visit the burger van. On Friday youd think his life depended coming 2nd in Ht15, such was his efforts at blocking and almost bringing Newman off.

Averages. Its been mentioned that Ashley Morris has dropped from his green sheet starting average of 4.31. As of 1st June, it stands at 4.00, making a drop of 0.31 so far. Fisher started on 7.89 and now stands at 6.74, making a drop of 1.15. Significantly worse, Id say.

Its Fishers lack of early season form that has left the Devils struggling, far more than some of the others.He is only now starting to score better.40+ pts from 4 meetings is good, but just shows up even more how badly he has been riding so far, as his average is still well down.

Regarding his machinery problem, thats down to his unprofessionalism. He only recently discovered that the frame was twisted. The number of times he falls,surely something as basic as that should have been noticed long before it took him to find it? A twisted frame is fairly easy to spot, even I can do that, and have done!

Re Ashley Morris. Give the lad a break! He was coming back from serious injuries. He had a new home track in the EL and PL. He needed time to settle, but frequently taking 6 or 7 rides was bound to take its toll. I am upset that hes been dropped. Risager has also dropped his starting average, not by 0.31 but by 0.81 from 7.36 to 6.55. To me, he is the rider who should be looking over his shoulder.The way he got in Holders way on Friday suggested he was helping Ipswich. He team rode him out to perfection.

I genuinely dont think Kurtz is the answer to the Devils problems. Risager is to me on borrowed time.Off track he is very good, but on track just lately, he has been very poor.

as you say fisher was poor at home at home to begin with but his last four matches he's started to tirn things around and if he can maintain that form he will be pushing for no1 again fair play to him for turning it around because I even began to have my doubts and i,m a fan of his it will be interesting how he does at Peterborough tmrw

Tell you what, you've got to tip your hat to Covatti who showed a great attitude and character.

Plymouth was never going to be a good track for him and he scored a single point there with Sheffield last season.

A single point from his first three rides with the texter labelling him as "all over the place", a lot of riders would have just accepted that it wasn't a track for them and let their heads drop.

But Covatti is obviously made of sterner stuff and after probably making a few changes, came out and won a couple of important races just when we needed them.

I had reservations at the start of the season I'll be honest, but although there's still a lot of racing left this season, so far he's been a terrific signing and a shining light in a poor start for the team.

His first two rides on Friday at Plymouth were shocking, when he came out for his last two heats, he was a complete different rider, won them both going away, used every inch of the track in doing so.

To be honest you could have taken Risager out and it would have done the same, but saying that, by the time we get the next set of averages, Risager will be at reserve, and Simota will be back in the main body of the team again, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Devildodger

Seeing fisher and newman continually get in each others way in heat 15 last night wasnt particularly good to watch. Rarely does Fisher look for his partner and several times this year already he has in fact messed his partner up so no i dont find him good to watch.

Point proven, yet again Former Devil.

This comment from live updates of the P'bro v Devils meeting today.

See here.....http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14491/peterborough-plymouth-mon-plkoc-2pm?page=1&scrollTo=270793

Heat 13: Toft, Newman, Fisher, R Lambert 3-3 (40-38) 60.3

Line Up: Allen Toft, R Lambert, Newman, Fisher

Comments: Toft takes R/R for Peterborough.

Outrageous race! Simply unbelievable. All 4 over each other for all 4 laps. Passing galore but im convinced the Devils would have had a 5-1 had it not been for Fishers selfishness. He basically chopped Newman on a couple of occasions. Team game isn't it? Not in fishers book, shocking! Nevertheless it was a unbelievable race!

Sponsored by Speedway Fiction www.speedwayfiction.co.uk

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14491/peterborough-plymouth-mon-plkoc-2pm?page=1&scrollTo=270793#ixzz3bAP0ezDd

Point proven, yet again Former Devil.

This comment from live updates of the P'bro v Devils meeting today.

See here.....http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14491/peterborough-plymouth-mon-plkoc-2pm?page=1&scrollTo=270793

Heat 13: Toft, Newman, Fisher, R Lambert 3-3 (40-38) 60.3

Line Up: Allen Toft, R Lambert, Newman, Fisher

Comments: Toft takes R/R for Peterborough.

Outrageous race! Simply unbelievable. All 4 over each other for all 4 laps. Passing galore but im convinced the Devils would have had a 5-1 had it not been for Fishers selfishness. He basically chopped Newman on a couple of occasions. Team game isn't it? Not in fishers book, shocking! Nevertheless it was a unbelievable race!

Hmm, cant say im at surprised by that. Maybe thats why he hasnt been given the praise that some people think he should have had. Perhaps when he is scoring well on a consistent basis and when he realises he is part of a team then and only then would i give him any praise!

Edited by Former devil