British Speedway Forum

Rye House Rockets V Redcar Bears 25/05/2015 Pl

Anymore injuries or absences for Rye House and Redcar will be the Home Team, based on experience of track :o

Stuart, Ben, Adam and R/R are all well known at Rye.

(Only joking, before the pooh starts flying) :drink:

Edited by bolly
  • Like 2

More chance of that flying at Rye than shale :rofl:

A slick track should suit Redcar nicely as that's what they're used to at the STMP

Anders out for up to six weeks following a crash in Sweden:

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.1013

In the second Rockets meeting of the day, Eddie, Steve & Nikolaj are riding at Wolverhampton! Will be interesting to see how Nikolaj fares on his EL debut

Lasse Bjerre travelling with them as well as he has been booked to ride for Wolves. Where did you get the info. on Nicolaj? Good choice though.

Anders out for up to six weeks following a crash in Sweden:

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.1013

Lasse Bjerre travelling with them as well as he has been booked to ride for Wolves. Where did you get the info. on Nicolaj? Good choice though.

Poor Anders, 2 terrible injuries recently, and has been riding cautiously this year (quite rightly too). Wish him a speedy recovery

Got the info from Lakeside Fans Forum last night

Wonder if the track shop people will bother turning up! I despair at this total lack of commitment not turn up for NL meetings. If you can’t be bothered get someone who can. I’ve written to Len Silver and Warren Scott telling them that to! When I’ve taken the grandkids always bought a few bits from the trackshop, certainly boycotting them from now on!

As for the Redcar match, it’ll be over quick! With 3 Rockets and 1 Bear dashing up to Wolverhampton after, expect a quickly run meeting.

As for the score, can really only see a home win. Although ex rockets Robson and Roynon will score a few. Jan Graversen normally scores a few when he gates. Lasse Bjerre blows hot and cold, as does Kus. Konopka hasn’t set the world on fire and Ben Morley has been very disappointing again in the PL, can’t do his confidence much good riding for Redcar.

It’ll be interesting to see how Dan Greenwood gets on today. Must have been a massive boost to his confidence getting 15 point max at Rye House in the NL for the Coventry Storm.

Stummo’s prediction is a 15 plus win for the Rockets.

Wonder if the track shop people will bother turning up! I despair at this total lack of commitment not turn up for NL meetings. If you cant be bothered get someone who can. Ive written to Len Silver and Warren Scott telling them that to! When Ive taken the grandkids always bought a few bits from the trackshop, certainly boycotting them from now on!

Have you ever run a business?

Why would they travel all the way from Suffolk just to sell "a few bits" to the small number who bother to turn up for NL meetings? Especially when there's a PL meeting a couple of days later.

A boycott will only turn them away for good

Edited by Shads

Have you ever run a business?

Why would they travel all the way from Suffolk just to sell "a few bits" to the small number who bother to turn up for NL meetings? Especially when there's a PL meeting a couple of days later.

A boycott will only turn them away for good

Just what I was thinking !!!

By the way can we make the entrance free, as I am a bit skint this month ? ;)

I fully understand your statement Shads, but why agree to run a trackshop if you live in Suffolk? I’d have thought after Andy’s Emporium folded [he didn’t bother with standalone NL Meetings either] the club would have taken control, but that, as we know didn’t happen. Speedway trackshops aren’t the big business they used to be, no question on that, but it’s very poor to only attend PL matches.

Buxton get extremely poor crowds, yes I know it’s a standalone track and the crowds are probably on par with Raiders, but they have a track shop open.

Perhaps it’s me being old fashioned? With no supporters club, no track shop at NL meetings, draw tickets being pulled out by heat 4, Rye House’s attitude really does depress me at times. I thought Warren Scott would be a breath of fresh air, but I’m beginning to wonder.

Gotta agree with the way certain things are run at Rye Dave. Many tracks have people walking around selling draw tickets during the early part of the meetings. The draw used to take place on the centre green during the interval, adds to the drama. I'm sure they'd sell more tickets that way.

Notice how work on the stadium seems to have come to a halt over the last couple of months. No sign of the promised seating on the back straight and very little other stadium improvements evident.

I'm beginning to wonder too.

By the way can we make the entrance free, as I am a bit skint this month ? ;)

Give the pub a miss

Edited by Shads

As I've said elsewhere give the bloke a chance. The time to worry will be if the stadium is no further advanced than it is now come the start of next season.

The track shop merchandise isn't brilliant. If they're not bothered half the time then find someone nearer to Rye who will supply a decent product and turn up to every meeting.

On to the meeting, I hope we're naming a number 8, with Steve just back from injury and running R/R it'd be foolish not to. A couple of PL heats would be good for Chessell too

Entertaining meeting until the track dried out half way through... Good performances from all the side. Kasper was great value... Good to see Dan grabbing a heat win and some decent points... Redcar were rubbish

Suspected broken hand for Ed after his heat 15 fall.

Not good news, but on his average we'll be spoiled for guests.. Bjerre withdrew after his third ride due to injury, but takes his place in the Wolves side tonight. What a pi$$ take! Edited by Shads
  • Like 2