British Speedway Forum

Leicester V Poole Monday 25/05/15

I too was at Peterborough,much preferred the Leicester match.

Not true Walasek is better than all those riders,averaging 8.8 at home.

You seem to forget that Walasek is a Poole asset, so Lions were undoubtedly stronger last night with Zengota!! :wink::P:D

Can i just ask what the hell happend during the sun break .

My ears felt violated by a singer who clearly had been told by some insane person that she could sing how wrong could they be.

Clearly loved herself & thought she was performing at Wembley arena everyone was cringing & there were cheers when she said she was finished .

Please DH no more half time singers .

what a joke speedway is at Leicester. watched NORWICH win playoffs at Wembley had everything then payed my first visit to see the lions in 2 years. after I handed over 17 pound to find it was Leicester select v poole cos riders keep do,in a runer. then the sun break for an hour ,tractor racing and a karaoke singer, WHAT A JOKE, as for the result the poole riders did,nt want to kill themselves on a trick track, just done enough to win. I remember crowd levels better than this in the premier league , racing was the same as when it opened follow the leader, never again.

Where were you viewing from Glenny? I was in one of the home straight stands, actually the one in front of the tapes so in line with the incident, so I didn't really have a clear view of what happened. Anyone on the back straight would have had a better angle. It was all very tight from my view and I thought Magic was just in front of Doylie. Either Magic moved out and as you say clipped Jason, or did Jason try to go through a gap that wasn't there? I don't know. The whole thing wasn't helped by Dakota coming up the inside of both of them, so did that have any bearing on the 'coming together'?

I was on the back straight near the pits gate and clearly saw it happen. Magic was slightly ahead when he pulled a loker and his back wheel hit Jasons front wheel. Unfortunately, it happened in the worst possible place for Tony Steele to see clearly.

The only things I enjoyed about this meeting were Magics performance and the fact that Leicester kept it close: otherwise it was a long drawn boring event!!

what a joke speedway is at Leicester. watched NORWICH win playoffs at Wembley had everything then payed my first visit to see the lions in 2 years. after I handed over 17 pound to find it was Leicester select v poole cos riders keep do,in a runer. then the sun break for an hour ,tractor racing and a karaoke singer, WHAT A JOKE, as for the result the poole riders did,nt want to kill themselves on a trick track, just done enough to win. I remember crowd levels better than this in the premier league , racing was the same as when it opened follow the leader, never again.

Trick track? It's totally the opposite....the track gives no added advantage to the home team whatsoever unlike tracks like Eastbourne and many others.

In my opinion it's too fair.

Trick track? It's totally the opposite....the track gives no added advantage to the home team whatsoever unlike tracks like Eastbourne and many others.

In my opinion it's too fair.

The track gives no advantage to anybody that wants to race unfortunately. Fifth season of racing and you never see heats like heat 13 at Peterborough in the afternoon meeting.

• Like 1

JohnD7244

Just thought I'd like to let you know I'm still alive and kicking.

See the posts haven't changed much over the last couple of years. Still loads of whingeing about the track being rubbish.

No disrespect to Coventry. But it took them 50 years to get a decent racing track.

Anyway, I am intending to go to Beaumont Park this coming Saturday for the first time since we re-opened.

If you see an old g*t walking about like John Wayne's dad, I'd be grateful if you'd take pity on me, and make yourself known to me.

Enjoy your speedway, JohnD7244.

• Like 1

[quote name="johnd7244" post="2619941" If you see an old g*t walking about like John Wayne's dad, I'd be grateful if you'd take pity on me, and make yourself known to me.

You've got no chance. All chinless wonders on here. No balls to face people just faceless nerks. I'm affraid.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Edited by TMW

Thanks Tina Marie,just hope I can make myself known to you on Saturday.

Cheers JohnD7244, Enjoy your speedway.

Sadly I wont be there I will be at Loomer Road. I hope you enjoy your visit ! Edited by TMW

JohnD7244

Just thought I'd like to let you know I'm still alive and kicking.

See the posts haven't changed much over the last couple of years. Still loads of whingeing about the track being rubbish.

No disrespect to Coventry. But it took them 50 years to get a decent racing track.

Anyway, I am intending to go to Beaumont Park this coming Saturday for the first time since we re-opened.

If you see an old g*t walking about like John Wayne's dad, I'd be grateful if you'd take pity on me, and make yourself known to me.

Would you please let me know when the 50 years is going to be up?! :wink:

• Like 1

The track gives no advantage to anybody that wants to race unfortunately. Fifth season of racing and you never see heats like heat 13 at Peterborough in the afternoon meeting.

That's the reason I drive over 40 miles to Peterborough. Absolutely brilliant race, along with many others equally as good so it's always worth the journey. You get no sun breaks at the Showground either, even in the middle of the afternoon 'cos it's always bloody freezing there. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Would you please let me know when the 50 y ears is going to be up?! :wink:

[/quote

Hi Skidders, have I still got this wrong? Is it still impossible to overtake after the first two bends at Cov, or am I misinterpreting your post?

Haven't been there since the early 90s. Great track, great facilities. Track too well prepared?

Cheers,JohnD7244.

Enjoy your speedway

I think there has been some improvement in the track prep this year, but Hans was still unhappy with a first bend rut right on his racing line.

Riders (rather than fans) want tracks to be smooth, consistent and safe these days rather than with loads of grip and different racing lines.

We'll see on Monday.

Edited by Skidder1

I think there has been some improvement in the track prep this year, but Hans was still unhappy with a first bend rut right on his racing line.

Riders (rather than fans) want tracks to be smooth, consistent and safe these days rather than with loads of grip and different racing lines.

We'll see on Monday.

It was at Swindon on Tue that Hans mentioned a first bend rut