British Speedway Forum

Leicester V Poole Monday 25/05/15

Yes it's a shame about Lambert because at Peterborough in the afternoon he rode brilliantly to score 15 + 1 points. I know it's Premier League but he just looked so confident on that track. Leicester obviously doesn't suit him.

He looked awful to be honest not on the pace at all and kept making mistakes, perhaps he was knackered after the earlier meeting.

Surely there is something that could be done, other motorsports dont stop for the sun, we didnt have heat four until 9

Yes they do. I have been at Brands a 2 or 3 times when qualifying at car meetings has been delayed to allow the sun to rise more.

3 gained or one dropped for Poole ?

One dropped in my opinion, after the heat 12 5-1 we should have managed to get the extra point but in fairness Josh G was very good value, winning heat 14 was key to Poole not getting the extra point and definately scored more than Bridger would. Some people would give anything to have the talent he has and to waste it like this is awful.

Yes they do. I have been at Brands a 2 or 3 times when qualifying at car meetings has been delayed to allow the sun to rise more.

But do they wait an hour for it to rise, it happens at Kings Lynn too but there it is only a short wait which is acceptable,surely they could put a screen up so at least you don't have to wait quite so long, very frustrating when you have a long journey to do.

Edited by foreverblue

Well Poole are really going to need to get their act together if that's the best they can do against Leicester. No disrespect whatsoever towards Leicester but that really should have been a 55 point win.

Another fantastic performance from Maciej and I hope he see's this season out with us, and joins us for many more.

Chris Holder really needs to get his act together. Nobody can blame him for struggling after what he has been through, but he will never be a world class rider again unless he can move past it.

To true Chris looked very poor last night, well off the pace. And I was expecting to see Poole go home with at leat plus 50 or even 60 points, but the Lions fought really hard. Majic was vey lucky not to out in the final heat. As for the problem with the sun I felt really sorry for any Poole fans having to go back to Dorset. I live 30 miles away and when I finally manages to get out of the stadium and get free of the trafic it was 1.15pm before I got home so there must have been one or two very tired drivers when they made it home.

Well Poole are really going to need to get their act together if that's the best they can do against Leicester. No disrespect whatsoever towards Leicester but that really should have been a 55 point win.

Another fantastic performance from Maciej and I hope he see's this season out with us, and joins us for many more.

Chris Holder really needs to get his act together. Nobody can blame him for struggling after what he has been through, but he will never be a world class rider again unless he can move past it.

It wasn't Leicester's team though was it, they had Zengota, Josh G and Charles Wright all of whom improved the side.

Edited by foreverblue

Auty has made it work for him at BP. Shame about Lambert though. The way things are now going in the EL the 2 strongest reserves can now so easily win you the meeting. Othere than Maijics magic meeting, it was the 2 Poole reserves who helped to seal the win for them.

Auty has made it work for him at BP. Shame about Lambert though. The way things are now going in the EL the 2 strongest reserves can now so easily win you the meeting. Othere than Maijics magic meeting, it was the 2 Poole reserves who helped to seal the win for them.

Lambert has ridden very well in the past couple of week and was on course for a second place before he fell in his first heat. Looked on the pace all night, think he fatigued towards the end of the meeting unsurprisingly due to taking 7 rides and top scoring for Peterborough in the afternoon.

It is anticipated that he will 'move past it' at approximately 00:01 on June 28th!

• Like 2

It was only what was said in passing not from any of the management, so maybe it was not true, but the person that told me knows quite a lot of what goes on at the Lions.

So, you were "not told",if you "heard it in passing!"

No need for a website with news is there........!!

One dropped in my opinion, after the heat 12 5-1 we should have managed to get the extra point but in fairness Josh G was very good value, winning heat 14 was key to Poole not getting the extra point and definately scored more than Bridger would. Some people would give anything to have the talent he has and to waste it like this is awful.

But do they wait an hour for it to rise, it happens at Kings Lynn too but there it is only a short wait which is acceptable,surely they could put a screen up so at least you don't have to wait quite so long, very frustrating when you have a long journey to do.

Hmmmmmmmm, a 200+ feet screen!!, where would you start, and yes, it would need to be that high!!!!

So, you were "not told",if you "heard it in passing!"

No need for a website with news is there........!!

Hmmmmmmmm, a 200+ feet screen!!, where would you start, and yes, it would need to be that high!!!!

It wouldn't need to be that high to cut the time down significantly we waited at least half an hour for the last bit of sun to disappear and it was lower than the stands by then.

Yes it's a shame about Lambert because at Peterborough in the afternoon he rode brilliantly to score 15 + 1 points. I know it's Premier League but he just looked so confident on that track. Leicester obviously doesn't suit him.

Superb meeting at Peterborough. Well prepared track with dirt on. Passing inside and out. No dust. A track riders look confident on. Reminded me of what speedway is all about. Then in a moment of weakness I decided to carry on to Leicester. Which apart from Janowski's magical performance completely took the shine off the day. Reminded me of what non speedway fans think speedway is all about sadly.

• Like 2

Can i just ask what the hell happend during the sun break .

My ears felt violated by a singer who clearly had been told by some insane person that she could sing how wrong could they be.

Clearly loved herself & thought she was performing at Wembley arena everyone was cringing & there were cheers when she said she was finished .

Please DH no more half time singers .

Can i just ask what the hell happend during the sun break .

My ears felt violated by a singer who clearly had been told by some insane person that she could sing how wrong could they be.

Clearly loved herself & thought she was performing at Wembley arena everyone was cringing & there were cheers when she said she was finished .

They should have bought Bwitcher and Gavan in dressed as clowns would have been worth the Admission money to plug the rather L ON G Gap !! :rofl::rofl:

Decent meeting. Magic was superb but how he was not excluded in heat 15 is a mystery. Exiting turn 2 clips Doyle and "unsatisfactory start all 4 back" poor decision.

Doyle on centre green on the mic was terrific. Criticised Bridger for ringing at 3:30 this afternoon saying he didn't want to ride anymore.

Criticised the Dane's and said they should find some morals.

Where were you viewing from Glenny? I was in one of the home straight stands, actually the one in front of the tapes so in line with the incident, so I didn't really have a clear view of what happened. Anyone on the back straight would have had a better angle. It was all very tight from my view and I thought Magic was just in front of Doylie. Either Magic moved out and as you say clipped Jason, or did Jason try to go through a gap that wasn't there? I don't know. The whole thing wasn't helped by Dakota coming up the inside of both of them, so did that have any bearing on the 'coming together'?

Shouldn't have been all 4 back, shouldn't have been unsatisfactory start or 4th bend bunching!! I was on the inside, Doyle went down in a controlled fashion, he had ran out of room... Janowski was in front at the point of Doyle's get off, no way should Janowski have been excluded, it would of been harsh to exclude Doyle, if the ref had gone by the letter of the law, Doyle should probably have gone....

ref took the least controversial route.....

It was right in front of me. Saw it perfectly. Janowski took Doyle's wheel. It wasn't a case if no gap or Doyle laying it down. Pure racing incident but should have seen janowski excluded. May have won with that decision. Think the ref didn't know what to do so made the easy choice. Match turner.

Possible win list at that point but on plus side had a lil ole wager that janowski would go through the card.

I thought it was good to hear Jason's support of the management over the mic, got a cheer from the crowd too, and his disappointment over the way Bridger let the team down. Some hard racing at times and at one point thought that Jason and Janowski would end up in a heap, close stuff.

Does anyone know why there was another restart in ht15? Didn't see a bad start but the red light didn't seem to come on until all 4 were into turn 2!

Superb meeting at Peterborough. Well prepared track with dirt on. Passing inside and out. No dust. A track riders look confident on. Reminded me of what speedway is all about. Then in a moment of weakness I decided to carry on to Leicester. Which apart from Janowski's magical performance completely took the shine off the day. Reminded me of what non speedway fans think speedway is all about sadly.

I too was at Peterborough,much preferred the Leicester match.

It wasn't Leicester's team though was it, they had Zengota, Josh G and Charles Wright all of whom improved the side.

Not true Walasek is better than all those riders,averaging 8.8 at home.