British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies V Eastbourne Eagles - Koc - 20/05/2015

If that is true we need a new manager. Kelsey is 16 and just out of the Youth Championships. In all competitions he is averaging 5.58 made up of 4.22 away and a super 7.05 at home. All clubs would love to have a number 7 with those statistics. He has had his share of bike and tape problems and a lot of falls even a couple when comfortably leading but that is the price to pay for being a racer.

This League is about developing young British talent and Kelsey is right up there as one of the best 16 year olds, nothing moderate about him.

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

Yes, I agree. That's why I say if he was Kelsey Smith he would hailed as a rising star of British speedway - which he is.

People just expect more because he is a Dugard. I wonder if Martin had similar pressures following Bob or if this is just a "modern thing".

if he was Kelsey Smith , he wouldn't have a team place

I have been about a bit this year and i have seen Kelsey fall off when leading and when his is at the back it apperas he wont race? But looking on the other side of the coin he is only 16 and this is about his 10th meeting racing in as a team, i have heard Martin moan and pull kelsey down mainly because he has the equipment in front of him but seems to not concentrate then bingo he is on the floor,

Martin carries no prisoners and if kelsey is not pulling his weight or becomes lazy i can see that he will be replaced, at the moment he is runing at his average or better so nobody can moan, a smile on kelseys face would be nice as he looks as if he has the whole weight of the world on his shoulders. Kelsey Smith. Dugard, or Hancock only kelsey can turn it around.

Bike problems do happen to everyone but to fall off as many times as Kelsey has points to the fact that maybe he does not have what it takes to be as good as his father? but time will tell and i am 100% if there was another rider out there that was as good as Kelsey they would swap him, at the moment he is doing ok just needs looking after.

Edited by catinthehat

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

what a load of rubbish.

• Like 1

We can't moan about Kelsey he is a good Number 7 think of our 7 last year in Halsey yes I know league difference but he scored 1 or 2 a meeting in the same position as Kelsey who scores 6 or 7 at home which is much better and he is doing a great job for his first season.

• Like 1

I have read some ill informed comments on here before, but this has got to be up there with the best of them.

During the Kings Lynn match Martin Dugard was interviewed, and his comments about Kelsey were pretty hard. There is no way that he would have said the same things about other Eastbourne riders, he certainly does not get preferential treatment. Kelsey may have had a better opportunity to get into speedway than many others, but he is earning his team place. The bottom line is would any other team want to sign a number seven with an assessed average of 3 who is averaging 5.58. Answer all of them.

• Like 4

Jim i think you may have it wrong as Kelsey has not paid to join the team, Money does not buy you points and no matter how much money you have will never buy you points, Look at other riders who did not have any money ie Danes as in Hans and Olsen came to the UK and earnt every penny.

I think if kelsey had the best bikes all the money and practiced every day of the week which we all no that cant happen with the stadium being used for Stock car racing, he would not be much better at 16, Other riders who have more talent but less money soon drop by the way side.

Money does not buy points or team places if your going to win any silverware, Talent is priceless, money will help to point you in the right direction for a while but it will soon become apparnet it will never make you win races, dedication and the love of the sport is the biggest thing,

Kelsey runs a good race at Eastbourne because he has been around the track many times but stuggles away from Home, If he finds his feet then that is upto him, Money does not come into it. Maybe Jim thats where your outlook on speedway is not correct and very backward, taleneted riders will always go forward same as Ward, Wilson Dean, George wood, what makes it better for them is Help and Support. Maybe you should try it.

Edited by catinthehat

I have read some ill informed comments on here before, but this has got to be up there with the best of them.

During the Kings Lynn match Martin Dugard was interviewed, and his comments about Kelsey were pretty hard. There is no way that he would have said the same things about other Eastbourne riders, he certainly does not get preferential treatment. Kelsey may have had a better opportunity to get into speedway than many others, but he is earning his team place. The bottom line is would any other team want to sign a number seven with an assessed average of 3 who is averaging 5.58. Answer all of them.

Hey JIM have a look at Hebbs comments all FACTS #pipe #smokeit

lol

People make posts like this on forums just to get a response and to wind others up, It gives them great pleasure.

Quite amusing really

So Kelsey makes a few mistakes and falls off a fair bit. If you talk to people who remember the good old days of speedway, that's a good grounding for being a multiple world champion. Some of them spent so much time sat on the track instead of the bike they tried to ban them.

If Kelsey has a problem with his name then it's due to being called Kelsey. Who the hell calls their kids Kelsey? Wasn't Keith or John good enough? Kids at school like to pick on those who are different so I bet he had a great time growing up with a name like that. Does Dugard Snr have another offspring called Jayzee as well?

• Like 1

If Kelsey has a problem with his name then it's due to being called Kelsey. Who the hell calls their kids Kelsey? Wasn't Keith or John good enough? Kids at school like to pick on those who are different so I bet he had a great time growing up with a name like that. Does Dugard Snr have another offspring called Jayzee as well?

bit strong there :oops: i believe there is a suit maker in america that Mark Loram used when winning the World Championship in 2000 Kelcey NJK Leathers - not going to lie its a pretty cool name and to say youre the only person in speedway with that name is pretty cool rather than probably two of the most boring names like Keith and John :lol:

Dugard SNR other offspring is Connor - quite a standard name.

• Like 1

Most of the quick riders fall a lot early in there careers it means they are having a go,, and eventually they go fast without falling,,,think most clubs would swop at least one of their reserves for Kelsey Dugard...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Most of the quick riders fall a lot early in there careers it means they are having a go,, and eventually they go fast without falling,,,think most clubs would swop at least one of their reserves for Kelsey Dugard...

If I had an NL team I definitely would . I would have taken him this year sight unseen as well . and it wouldn't matter how many times he fell or how his results were I would keep him in the team regardless

Pity there's not a dislike button on the forum as this daft post would cause it to meltdown

• Like 1

If I had an NL team I definitely would . I would have taken him this year sight unseen as well . and it wouldn't matter how many times he fell or how his results were I would keep him in the team regardless

am I missing something? or is this the biggest U-turn since putin said he had no interest in Ukraine. :shock:

• Like 1

I must admit i am at a loss, with regards the criticism of Kelsey Dugard, he is 16 in his first season of NL racing and is averaging well above 3 points per meeting, in a lot of the other Teams Cradley included he would have been in the main Team with his average. Just what do people expect ?? this is the NL which is a learning League, to gain experience on and off Track, any newcomer attaining above a 3 point average in his first season is doing well. This is NOT the EL or PL where newcomers have an assesed average and supporters usually expect them to score above that, I have seen Kelsey twice this season at Perry Barr and imo Kelsey is doing just fine, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral: Birmingham well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

Eastbourne they were superbly led by BWD, who found Adam Ellis just to fast to get by him, but otherwise he had the beating of Brums riders, Mark Owen i felt was a little dissapointing, didnt look comfortable around Perry Barr, and i expected double figures from him, David Mason i didnt expect much from him, and thats what we got, Matty Bates again he was dissapointing i expected more, Kelsey Dugard did what was expected of him, always on the pace despite taking a very heavy fall in i think his first race, then Georgie Wood what a good find by Eastbourne, always in the thick of the action loves the wide lines, and never gives up.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order though where they will come from i dont know, maybe they could have a look at the local Grass Track or even more so at the Moto Cross area, that seems to be where the Worralls, Williamson, Wood and a few others have graduated from recently, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

I must admit i am at a loss, with regards the criticism of Kelsey Dugard, he is 16 in his first season of NL racing and is averaging well above 3 points per meeting, in a lot of the other Teams Cradley included he would have been in the main Team with his average. Just what do people expect ?? this is the NL which is a learning League, to gain experience on and off Track, any newcomer attaining above a 3 point average in his first season is doing well. This is NOT the EL or PL where newcomers have an assesed average and supporters usually expect them to score above that, I have seen Kelsey twice this season at Perry Barr and imo Kelsey is doing just fine, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral Birmingham; well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

Eastbourne they were superbly led by BWD, who found Adam Ellis just to fast to get by him, but otherwise he had the beating of Brums riders, Mark Owen i felt was a little dissapointing, didnt look comfortable around Perry Barr, and i expected double figures from him, David Mason i didnt expect much from him, and thats what we got, Matty Bates again he was dissapointing i expected more, Kelsey Dugard did what was expected of him, always on the pace despite taking a very heavy fall in i think his first race, then Georgie Wood what a good find by Eastbourne, always in the thick of the action loves the wide lines, and never gives up.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

there isn't really any criticism , just one moron.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral: Birmingham well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order though where they will come from i dont know, maybe they could have a look at the local Grass Track or even more so at the Moto Cross area, that seems to be where the Worralls, Williamson, Wood and a few others have graduated from recently, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

Thats a fair report for the meeting and have to say that Birmingham won as they were the better side on the night, maybe not enough points to go to Eastbourne but we will see come monday.