British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Coventry Friday 1/5/15

Kennett choked in heat fifteen? Lets be fair he is on loan from Rye House and is doubling up. Any self respecting side built to be serious contenders shouldn't be pinning their hopes on a PL rider especially one who rarely wins heat fifteen at PL level. Just congratulate the boy, pat him on the back for another decent performance and leave it at that without any sour grapes left over from his time at Brandon. Kennett would be in my team every time especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

Rather churlish to slag off Garrity when he has just scored paid 13.

• Like 1

For once Kennetts heat fifteen worked in our favour, don`t think he won a single heat fifteen home or away whilst a Bees rider. wait till later in the season when Kennett goes off the boil altogether its early days yet for him..

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

Is that a joke? Were you anywhere near the pits last night. I text my bro after heat 12 saying we should make the lad skipper. He was firing the whole team up as well as doing a bl##dy good job on the track.

He's great with the fans as well, always taking time to thank them for turning up. Best team man we've had in years.

Laughable statement.

• Like 7

JK has posted photos of the showers at Lakeside tonight and complaining about the cold water and mould, oh dear.

Not the first time this season so goes to show they have done absolutely nothing about it, if this is how you treat your staff its no wonder that sometimes they might think twice before breaking a sweat.

• Like 1

Kennett choked in heat fifteen? Lets be fair he is on loan from Rye House and is doubling up. Any self respecting side built to be serious contenders shouldn't be pinning their hopes on a PL rider especially one who rarely wins heat fifteen at PL level. Just congratulate the boy, pat him on the back for another decent performance and leave it at that without any sour grapes left over from his time at Brandon. Kennett would be in my team every time especially over Garrity who will never be a team man as Coventry will inevitably find out given time.

Seriously lol. Kennett has been riding in the EL for years and did once have a 8pt average. It's not like he's a PL rider who has just stepped up. Hes been on the decline for a while. King also rides in the PL but still managed to come out and win heat 15 so not sure what your point is there?

As for being a team man there really is no competition. Garrity is always there at the pit gates supporting which ever bees rider goes out and the other riders have often praised the impact he has on team spirit in the pits.

As for Kennett, when he was with the bees and often scoring nothing, he would always sit with his head down in the pits. I don't remember him being a team man when he cheated and let his team mates down by getting banned.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Anyone else find it odd that the Danes are struggling this year? Hans, Bech, Bjerre, Porsing and Bjarne. Even Iversen is not his usual self other than at Lynn. Co-incidence or some reason for it?

I find it odd,but this is not the first time.A few years back it seemed every Dane apart from one(might have been Bjerre or Iversen...the year Klindt + Hougaard made it into the Danish SWC team?)was having a slump in form all at the same time!!!!Very odd that it happened then and even odder it is happening again

Edited by iris123

Is that a joke? Were you anywhere near the pits last night. I text my bro after heat 12 saying we should make the lad skipper. He was firing the whole team up as well as doing a bl##dy good job on the track.

He's great with the fans as well, always taking time to thank them for turning up. Best team man we've had in years.

Laughable statement.

A bit of the green eyed monster methinks! He has shown he would be a good addition to any team and a bonus having him as an FTR still.

• Like 1

westhamboy66 has issues with Garrity because of his time at Rye House when in all liklihood the old fossil who runs the speedway there is the real problem.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

Seriously lol. Kennett has been riding in the EL for years and did once have a 8pt average. It's not like he's a PL rider who has just stepped up. Hes been on the decline for a while.

Edward has just put nearly two points on his starting average. Not sure how that makes him a rider in decline

Edited by Daytripper

Edward has just put nearly two points on his starting average. Not sure how that makes him a rider in decline

Poor defence! We all know he was on the wrong average. It seems the BSPA were inconsistent with the ex Brummies. King 's was correct and Kennett's was clearly wrong (as for some reason they took his PL converted average rather than an attained EL one). Nothing truer than the phrase "cheats don't prosper"

The only thing that surprised me was that he didn't go to Poole! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

Poor defence! We all know he was on the wrong average. It seems the BSPA were inconsistent with the ex Brummies. King 's was correct and Kennett's was clearly wrong (as for some reason they took his PL converted average rather than an attained EL one). Nothing truer than the phrase "cheats don't prosper"

The only thing that surprised me was that he didn't go to Poole! :rolleyes:

Well come on then, tell us what average he should have come in on. You do know what the attained EL figure was don't you? Or is that just cheap shot based on what someone else has said ? Edited by Daytripper

Well come on then, tell us what average he should have come in on. You do know what the attained EL figure was don't you? Or is that just cheap shot based on what someone else has said ?

You must be new. No cheapshot I'm afraid. Kennett started the 2014 season on a 6.39 average (which he attained the previous season while riding for Swindon). All records from Brummies season were expunged which should have meant that Eddie reverted back to his season starting average but instead came back on a converted PL value which was significantly less. So his average going up nearly 2 points is no surprise because that's what he should have started the season on IMHO!

I know that average is correct because I had to endure watching him going out in heat 14 week in week out (supposedly a number 4's easiest ride - at the time) and fluffing it.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 3

You must be new. No cheapshot I'm afraid. Kennett started the 2014 season on a 6.39 average (which he attained the previous season while riding for Swindon). All records from Brummies season were expunged which should have meant that Eddie reverted back to his season starting average but instead came back on a converted PL value which was significantly less. So his average going up nearly 2 points is no surprise because that's what he should have started the season on IMHO!

I know that average is correct because I had to endure watching him going out in heat 14 week in week out (supposedly a number 4's easiest ride - at the time) and fluffing it.

Ah, so it's now in your opinion, not "everybody knows" .

His 2015 team building figure was approved by the SCB so how were Lakeside cheating? The sports governing body may or may not have been inconsistent but if they were that's not Lakeside's fault.

Danny King came to Lakeside last year on his Birmingham average. If we apply the same test to Kennett he has still put the best part of two points on his average.

But the absolute bottom line is even if we take your figure of 6.39 (which I have never seen anyone else quote on here) he has still moved up to over 7 according to the latest GSA's so how by any stretch of the imagination does that represent a rider in decline?

Conversely Danny King, who like Kennett has been riding at No4 has dropped by over a point. Are you suggesting that represents an improvement ?

The fact is that Ed had had a torrid time with his last two clubs. Maybe he is happy where he is now. He certainly seems to be, but it's a bit churlish to constantly rubbish a bloke because he has had a few bad seasons.

Ah, so it's now in your opinion, not "everybody knows" .

His 2015 team building figure was approved by the SCB so how were Lakeside cheating? The sports governing body may or may not have been inconsistent but if they were that's not Lakeside's fault.

Danny King came to Lakeside last year on his Birmingham average. If we apply the same test to Kennett he has still put the best part of two points on his average.

But the absolute bottom line is even if we take your figure of 6.39 (which I have never seen anyone else quote on here) he has still moved up to over 7 according to the latest GSA's so how by any stretch of the imagination does that represent a rider in decline?

Conversely Danny King, who like Kennett has been riding at No4 has dropped by over a point. Are you suggesting that represents an improvement ?

The fact is that Ed had had a torrid time with his last two clubs. Maybe he is happy where he is now. He certainly seems to be, but it's a bit churlish to constantly rubbish a bloke because he has had a few bad seasons.

Just pick a bit and then use it out of context :rolleyes:

His starting average for 2014 was 6.39 - that's a fact and the absolute bottom line is that second strings have easier rides last year and this so hardly showing as a rider on the up. BTW - I didn't say he was in decline.

With regards to Danny King - I wouldn't have him (or Kennett) in any team I would put together. Show me where I have rubbished him - I said that when the pressure is on and he needs to deliver he doesn't - and there are plenty of examples to support this if you look through the history archives.

I bet you had plenty to say about him around drillgate and now he is in your team - you jump to his defence. For the record, I wasn't one on his back after drillgate!

Edited by Steve0

If you are going to use facts best check they are correct.

Danny King has been riding in the no 3 position prior to last night and has averaged 6.36 dropping 0.38 off his starting average.

However what has been more beneficial to the Bees is that his away average is 6.40 whilst Kennett has an away average of 4.21.

• Like 1

Frankly I'd not want the cheating, heat 15 bottling, rubbish at most away track Kennett anywhere near my team. The suggestion that a guy who in the past has averaged 8+ twice who's now on 7.xx is not in decline is slightly baffling.

That said, Kennett has been a fine signing for Lakeside on his 5.1 average and was always likely to be - if you're happy with a twice caught cheat in your team.

Edited by SCB

Frankly I'd not want the cheating, heat 15 bottling, rubbish at most away track Kennett anywhere near my team.

if you're happy with a twice caught cheat in your team.

I would get banned again on here with what I really thought of the cheating b@@tard.

Cheated on the club and the fans and deep down could not care less with what he had done

• Like 1

It's interesting to see Garrity described as not being a team man. Kennett didn't consider the team when he cheated :rolleyes:

Garrity is worth 10 of Kennett on every level. One of the best days in the Bees history, is when they offloaded him!.

• Like 2

It's interesting to see Garrity described as not being a team man. Kennett didn't consider the team when he cheated :rolleyes:

Garrity is worth 10 of Kennett on every level. One of the best days in the Bees history, is when they offloaded him!.

None of that is the issue in this line of discussion. The point was about Kennet supposedly being in decline when the fact is he has increased his starting avererage significantly. Which ever way you look at it that is not a decline.

Silencer gate is irrelevant . He got caught with an illegal silencer and served a ban. No dispute on those facts.

• Like 1