British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

The funny thing is I don't need Dazzafl invite to speak to tai, I am in a position to see him at any GP and speak to him.

Out of interest has tai said sorry to the fans for his language yet ?

What does he have to say sorry far?

They all went wild (in a good way).

I understand it was a very tough day for you. You remind me of the candidates who used to stand for the Monster Raving Loony Party... only you are far more of a raving loony as you actually thought you had plenty of support only to get to election day (Cardiff) and when the results come in you've got about 5 votes to the others 40,000.

• Like 1

What does he have to say sorry far?

They all went wild (in a good way).

and if Tai had not used the swear word the crowd would have still gone wild, so using the swear word added nothing to the response.

adding a swear word to a sentence adds nothing at all to the meaning.

and those supporters of swearing...do you swear at home in front of the wife and kids?

It's all gone very quiet from the 'ex-world champion rival' robert72 since you asked him to reveal who he supposedly rode against...surprised? Not.

A touch disappointing, to be honest, particularly given such an active poster. It's always interesting when current or former riders give us the benefit of their insight; The Dean Machine, to take just one example at random, is invariably interesting on riding topics (I much admire the comment he made on the current Harris thread) and David Howe, though not a frequent poster, was always worth reading.

But there we are, I live in hope.

and if Tai had not used the swear word the crowd would have still gone wild, so using the swear word added nothing to the response.

and those supporters of swearing...do you swear at home in front of the wife and kids

What is a swear word? It's nothing, just a sound uttered by humans. Society has told you "Oooh that particular sound is bad" and like a gullible sheep you follow along.

The word Tai used is used in everyday language by millions of people across English speaking nations. People are only 'offended' because they are told to be offended.

Of far more importance is the context of words, if they are used in a fashion as to abuse people, then yes, people have the right to be 'offended'. In this context, there was no offence, nobody was abused, the reaction was one of joy.

Folk need to grow up and stop pandering along with what certain sections of society tells them they can and cannot do.

and those supporters of swearing...do you swear at home in front of the wife and kids?

How many who think nothing was wrong with tai saying that would use that word in front of young kids daily and think it's ok.

Tai should apologise and say he was wrong.

How many who think nothing was wrong with tai saying that would use that word in front of young kids daily and think it's ok.

No rob, you should apologise and say you were wrong, you followed Tai around Cardiff on Saturday but failed to engage with him, this after saying that you would tell him face to face what you think of him.

Own up rob, you're just a spineless oxygen thief with too much time on his hands.

• Like 3

Bewitcher, you are only the second so far that has responded to my post, but you have not answered the question I asked.

Do those who support swearing do so at home in front of their wife, daughter??

And if those supporters of swearing should ever be both nominated and approved to receive an honour from the Queen, and he/she accepts it, would they stand before the Queen and swear?

and as for "Folk need to grow up and stop pandering along with what certain sections of society tells them they can and cannot do". You wouldn't like to live in a society where individuals, or groups, can do what you want. So think carefully what you are saying. If I had the time and inclination to go back over your posts, all 12,290 of them, what would I find? Would I find you have condemned those in society that go against principles that have been accepted for many generations or are part of the laws of the land? You tell me, because I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

Bewitcher, you are only the second so far that has responded to my post, but you have not answered the question I asked.

And if those supporters of swearing should ever be both nominated and approved to receive an honour from the Queen, and he/she accepts it, would they stand before the Queen and swear?

and as for "Folk need to grow up and stop pandering along with what certain sections of society tells them they can and cannot do". You wouldn't like to live in a society where individuals, or groups, can do what you want. So think carefully what you are saying. If I had the time and inclination to go back over your posts, all 12,290 of them, what would I find? Would I find you have condemned those in society that go against principles that have been accepted for many generations or are part of the laws of the land? You tell me, because I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.

You are spot on again but bwitcher can only insult people so I guess He Would use a word like that in front of children as he clearly sees no wrong with tai using it in front of families.

Let's see if Bwitcher replies to you without calling you names and using insults.

Edited by robert72

The thing with F1, Tennis, Football, MotoGP, Cricket etc etc, to put a spin on it, all these sports put their members through Media Etiquette training.

Speedway just doesn't offer it because the varying different angles riders go off on, they're pretty much alone.

Who has the responsibility to cover that cost?

Not everybody is natural in front of a camera / crowd.

Pretty much all speedway riders when interviewed look awkward because it's not natural.

Tai was absolutely buzzing when he was on the podium and with the microphone thrust in his face at his home GP he wanted to hear the crowd noise and the f-word came out.

In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal but if these guys had the same training as all other sports it would help with these situations.

They don't need training if they have a brain ......

He should I agree.
  • Like 1

A touch disappointing, to be honest, particularly given such an active poster. It's always interesting when current or former riders give us the benefit of their insight; The Dean Machine, to take just one example at random, is invariably interesting on riding topics (I much admire the comment he made on the current Harris thread) and David Howe, though not a frequent poster, was always worth reading.

But there we are, I live in hope.

I told you so. He's all 'keyboard' and no substance. Has been called out more times that a cricket player! :rofl:

Yet another question he's been asked after making a sweeping statement that he can't answer as it never happened. You're better off ignoring what he posts as it's either drivel or just Tai trolling.

No rob, you should apologise and say you were wrong, you followed Tai around Cardiff on Saturday but failed to engage with him, this after saying that you would tell him face to face what you think of him.

Own up rob, you're just a spineless oxygen thief with too much time on his hands.

No words minced there, 100% agree nw42 :t:

They don't need training if they have a brain ......

He should I agree.

Absolutely agree. For the sport's current World Champion he is a role model and ambassador. He knows that swearing live on TV at the sports biggest media event is just very poor behaviour. Completely different to a heat of the moment incident during racing when a camera is thrust in someone's face. It doesn't matter how many people are offended, one is too many. Low class, portraying it as a low class sport.

• Like 3

A bit of a Tennis parallel in the papers this morning.

Andy Murray has withdrawn from the GB Davis Cup side so he can concentrate on the Olympics.

• Like 1

I told you so. He's all 'keyboard' and no substance. Has been called out more times that a cricket player! :rofl:

Yet another question he's been asked after making a sweeping statement that he can't answer as it never happened. You're better off ignoring what he posts as it's either drivel or just Tai trolling.

It's fair to say that we don't often find ourselves on the same side of a discussion. But I'm genuinely interested, which is why I posed the question in the first place. I phrased it politely and I remain confident that robert72 will respond in kind. He likes to encourage debate (we are on page 112 after all) and appears to post with sufficient frequency to suggest that constraints on his time would not be an issue.

A bit of a Tennis parallel in the papers this morning.

Andy Murray has withdrawn from the GB Davis Cup side so he can concentrate on the Olympics.

How is that a parallel - both events are for Team GB?

Djokovic has also pulled out of the Davis cup tie and if GB really needed him he would have played. We should win without him.

i dont see any problem with a swear word i want my children to know what they are and the differing ways of using them so she is educated..

there is a difference in saying "you F**KING idiot" and make some "F**KING noise... at the end of a energetic and adrenaline fueled race.."

both taken in completely different ways and gets a different response..

and for your information I have recieved a medal from both the Queen and Prince Charles.. and before that we did an excersise where there was plenty of swearing with them watching.. and i have also heard both Princes Harry and William swear in the company of fellow forces personnel..

JUST SAYING...

• Like 2

How is that a parallel - both events are for Team GB?

Djokovic has also pulled out of the Davis cup tie and if GB really needed him he would have played. We should win without him.

Oh well sorry about that.

A comparison then. Both opting out of GB events to persue individual glory.

Did you really need that explaining to you? Somehow I doubt it.

• Like 1

any children present? :wink:

in the crowd yes there were.. it was partially a family day.. but its the forces and it was highly fuelled and a major assualt course when adrenaline is high its very hard to keep your compus mentis.. and i would challenge anyone to avoid it when you are highly charged..

• Like 1