British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

The thing with F1, Tennis, Football, MotoGP, Cricket etc etc, to put a spin on it, all these sports put their members through Media Etiquette training.

Speedway just doesn't offer it because the varying different angles riders go off on, they're pretty much alone.

Who has the responsibility to cover that cost?

Not everybody is natural in front of a camera / crowd.

Pretty much all speedway riders when interviewed look awkward because it's not natural.

Tai was absolutely buzzing when he was on the podium and with the microphone thrust in his face at his home GP he wanted to hear the crowd noise and the f-word came out.

In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal but if these guys had the same training as all other sports it would help with these situations.

Other sports may well pay participants to have such training and to be honest it shows. Maybe the Poultec Training programme contains a small element of it so in the future lads are better prepared.

There is nothing stopping Woffinden, or any other rider, from investing a few quid of their own. Let's be honest any mainstream company is hardly likely to view Woffinden as ideal "branding" for them to sponsor at present. He may be "edgy", cool or whatever the buzz word is at present but he's hardly likely to attract the likes of Santander, Vodaphone etc as he's too much of a loose cannon.

It's so funny that Those who keep biting are those who wished they had had the bottle to race at any level but didn't.

oh my good god..

just because you MAY have put your leg over a bike.. doesnt make you any better than anyone else..

you dont have the bottle to meet Tai with me.. and didnt have the bottle tto speak with him at the GP..

Let’s not kid ourselves on and reposition this thread as trolling or people “biting”

Robert72 has attempted to give a guy an absolute kicking with zero reply or consequence…it is only when the chance to actually discuss this with Woffinden arose that it turned into supposed "craic".

Re being a hero for getting on a bike, Robert72 attempted to take the micky out of Woffinden for his chosen profession earlier in the thread, in Roberts own words, racing a speedway bike is 5 minutes work a week, no big deal.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 2

oh my good god..

just because you MAY have put your leg over a bike.. doesnt make you any better than anyone else..

you dont have the bottle to meet Tai with me.. and didnt have the bottle tto speak with him at the GP..

I would of spoke to him after the GP but had a gut full of what I saw from him during the day and couldn't be bothered, he is a complete embarrassment to the sport and the way he conducted himsel was shocking.

I would of spoke to him after the GP but had a gut full of what I saw from him during the day and couldn't be bothered, he is a complete embarrassment to the sport and the way he conducted himsel was shocking.

How many times do you need telling, it's have.

• Like 1

hang on can i smell something.... ahh yeah the classic BULL****

Let’s not kid ourselves on and reposition this thread as trolling or people “biting”

Robert72 has attempted to give a guy an absolute kicking with zero reply or consequence…it is only when the chance to actually discuss this with Woffinden arose that it turned into supposed "craic".

Yep, the old classic. When backed into a corner pretend you were just on a wind-up.

Doesn't really work when all your posts can just so easily be outed as complete BS.

For a wind-up you need to have people laughing with you....sadly, poor old Robert72 just has people laughing at him.

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 3

Tai is an uneducated foul mouthed individual surrounded by yes people who can't control him for the better.

In years to come people will remember tai for other things rather than his talent on a bike.

He needs to grow up

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

say what you like about robert72, hes certainly got a fair amount of people biting!!!

That's what a (cowardly) TROLL does.

It's so funny that Those who keep biting are those who wished they had had the bottle to race at any level but didn't.

Cobblers, I have never had any interest in racing on a speedway bike but have loved the sport since my first visit to Poole in 1976 so you're wrong AGAIN. So very, very sad.

BWitcher has nailed it, you are a complete coward and you admit it right there!

p.s. it's would HAVE.

• Like 3

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's what a (cowardly) TROLL does.

Cobblers, I have never had any interest in racing on a speedway bike but have loved the sport since my first visit to Poole in 1976 so you're wrong AGAIN. So very, very sad.

BWitcher has nailed it, you are a complete coward and you admit it right there!

p.s. it's would HAVE.

The funny thing is I don't need Dazzafl invite to speak to tai, I am in a position to see him at any GP and speak to him.

Out of interest has tai said sorry to the fans for his language yet ?

The funny thing is I don't need Dazzafl invite to speak to tai, I am in a position to see him at any GP and speak to him.

yet you didnt at Cardiff... again that whiff comes about..

If Only you had the balls you could of lined up at the start line against several world champions like I did

That's an interesting aside. Which world champions did you race against, at what level of competition, and what were the results?

Apologies for repeating a post, particularly one of my own, but it may have been missed in the general run of things. Just wondering if robert72 could take a couple of minutes to respond to this.

• Like 1

Out of interest have you apologised for being a bigot?

But you haven't, so BWitcher is spot on!

Apologies for repeating a post, particularly one of my own, but it may have been missed in the general run of things. Just wondering if robert72 could take a couple of minutes to respond to this.

It won't give him an opportunity to berate Tai so good luck with that!

Another poster on here has already hinted at the level he 'rode' at and it certainly didn't involve any world champions.

• Like 1

Another poster on here has already hinted at the level he 'rode' at and it certainly didn't involve any world champions.

Well, I'm a bit of a sucker for 'do you remember when?' threads from a fan perspective and it would be interesting to hear it from the saddle, so to speak. robert72 is a frequent poster so I would hope he could share the relevant insights.

But you haven't, so BWitcher is spot on!

It won't give him an opportunity to berate Tai so good luck with that!

i have raced against jenson button..

while in london i pulled up next to him at a traffic light while he was in his Honda NSX.. needless to say my ford focus didnt win.. haha

• Like 1

Well, I'm a bit of a sucker for 'do you remember when?' threads from a fan perspective and it would be interesting to hear it from the saddle, so to speak. robert72 is a frequent poster so I would hope he could share the relevant insights.

Exactly, it would be great to hear what it's actually like to "line up on the start with World Champions" and the like, come on rob, you've plenty of time on your hands, share your experiences with us.

I've sat astride a speedway bike but it wasn't running, I'd definitely love a go and have been looking at taking in one of those Buxton days with Les & Aidan Collins, I'm 56 though, so I may not reach rob's heady heights, then again...

Exactly, it would be great to hear what it's actually like to "line up on the start with World Champions" and the like, come on rob, you've plenty of time on your hands, share your experiences with us.

I've sat astride a speedway bike but it wasn't running, I'd definitely love a go and have been looking at taking in one of those Buxton days with Les & Aidan Collins, I'm 56 though, so I may not reach rob's heady heights, then again...

You are never to old to have a go!

Bought myself a bike 4 years ago and enjoy regular training sessions and amateur meetings when I can also.

It's a thriving scene.

And the best buzz you could ever have!

It's all gone very quiet from the 'ex-world champion rival' robert72 since you asked him to reveal who he supposedly rode against...surprised? Not.

• Like 1