British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

You'll have to refresh my memory about your "view on Darcy". I just seem to remember you banging on about the need for an announcement about the exact nature of his injuries.

Yes they were not keen to release details but wanted people's money, then they wanted money to fly him to the uk, so shook the bucket more and were raising money all over the place, I said he must of made a few quid and all hell broke loose saying of course not that's why he needed money to fly him back. Then Darcy announced he was very well paid and sent his money back to Austrailia and was going to buy a home on the lovely Gold Coast which I think he has done.

Steve Brandon is doing a walk for Darcy to the British GP raising money, which I think is a disappointing, he should be walking for British riders to the British GP or if he wants to do it for Darcy then do it in Australia and see if the Aussies will be so generous.

It's the same thing in British speedway we continue to look after others but not our own.

How did tai get on with his online chat, was it full of happy clappers.

Edited by robert72

If I had spent most of my younger life in another country I wouldnt just forget it.. I would embrace it for sure and its what he does and why shouldn't he..

Yeah awesome isn't it

Spending your early life in another country is fine but it doesn't give you duel nationality as you stated in your post

Spending your early life in another country is fine but it doesn't give you duel nationality as you stated in your post

Talking of confused nationalities with speedway riders

I love the I am proud to be Austrailian and proud to race for Australia but have a British passport.

Yes they were not keen to release details but wanted people's money, then they wanted money to fly him to the uk, so shook the bucket more and were raising money all over the place, I said he must of made a few quid and all hell broke loose saying of course not that's why he needed money to fly him back. Then Darcy announced he was very well paid and sent his money back to Austrailia and was going to buy a home on the lovely Gold Coast which I think he has done.

Steve Brandon is doing a walk for Darcy to the British GP raising money, which I think is a disgrace, he should be walking for British riders to the British GP or if he wants to do it for Darcy then do it in Australia and see if the Aussies will be so generous.

It's the same thing in British speedway we continue to look after others but not our own.

You really are the lowest of the low.

How did you come to that strange comment, do you not understand what was said and the facts.

You don't do yourself any favours do you..

Steve Brandon is doing a walk for Darcy to the British GP raising money, which I think is a disgrace, he should be walking for British riders to the British GP or if he wants to do it for Darcy then do it in Australia and see if the Aussies will be so generous.

Steve Brandon is from New Zealand so why is that a disgrace ?

• Like 2

Steve Brandon is from New Zealand so why is that a disgrace ?

Do it at the Austrailian GP for the Aussie rider, let the Aussie fans dig deep, I would be supportive if it was for a badly injured British rider and there are sadly a fair number of them he could be doing it for at the British GP.

Have it your way, but i wonder who will be first to pass the 5000 mark. None of you know when to give up, you'l just keep arguing the toss. Your like a bunch of school kids. Act your ages not your shoe sizes, if thats at all posible..

Oh the irony...comedy post of the decade! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:o A new low, even for you.

You can ask him

1) why he couldn't be bothered to ride in the British final and made weak excuses

2) why he didn't ride in the Ben fund

3) why is he seen singing the Aussie anthem but not the British

4) when is he adding a British flag tattoo as he loves the country that much.

5) does he think he deserves a team gb places after missing the British final

6) does it worry him that fans are upset he devalued the British final

7) what happened to the training schools ?

You really are silly if you believe what your twaddle.

I bet you believe he really did as you believe most things

I said 2 days ago you didn't have the nuts to face Tai in person and I was right!

A lot of people supported my view on Darcy and I was sadly proved right by the words of Darcy.

You'll have to refresh my memory about your "view on Darcy". I just seem to remember you banging on about the need for an announcement about the exact nature of his injuries.

Thanks for the reply, but don't really see how the answer proves you were "right by the words of Darcy". It sounds like you were aggrieved that the money raised has been spent on a house in Australia?

As for you calling the Steve Brandon walk a "disgrace"..... I get your views on other disabled riders, but hardly a disgrace.

I challenge you to name them...

I'm one of those pissed off with Tai fans for one.

Steve Brandon and son are doing this walk for their mate, how can that be a disgrace, supporting him is totally voluntary!!!!

If someone wants to do something difficult for our british disabled riders, they will get support.

Actually Steve has said that he may well do things for other riders too in the future, good bloke eh ....

• Like 1

I should of used disappointing which it clearly is when you have riders like Ricky Ashworth and several others who are British riders who are badly injured too.

If they want to do it in Australia great but this is Britain and British fans have already dug deep for him.

Thanks for the reply, but don't really see how the answer proves you were "right by the words of Darcy". It sounds like you were aggrieved that the money raised has been spent on a house in Australia?

As for you calling the Steve Brandon walk a "disgrace"..... I get your views on other disabled riders, but hardly a disgrace.

So you think I am an idiot for expecting top riders to support a very worthy fund for British riders in wheelchairs, you really need to stop thinking as your thoughts are silly.

No, I think the way you position what people do or don’t do for charity is utterly crass, that’s what makes me think you are an idiot.

No, I think the way you position what people do or dont do for charity is utterly crass, thats what makes me think you are an idiot.

when you see a rider talk about buying a house on the lovely Gold Coast and then you watch the Ricky Ashworth video it's clear who is really in need.

• Like 2

when you see a rider talk about buying a house on the lovely Gold Coast and then you watch the Ricky Ashworth video it's clear who is really in need.

There cannot be any argument with that statement, regardless of who you support.

I hope Steve Brandon does do something for disabled British riders and I hope he gets the support of every British rider and every British fan... and anyone else who wants to give.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree

There cannot be any argument with that statement, regardless of who you support.

I hope Steve Brandon does do something for disabled British riders and I hope he gets the support of every British rider and every British fan... and anyone else who wants to give.

Couldn't agree more with Robert's statement at all.

So what are you doing about it other than sitting on your ass bleating on your forum.

Get out there and organise something.