British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Gavan is factually correct and that is all he has claimed. Whether Tai told the truth we'll never know so it's a personal decision to believe his quotes or not. End of.

Anyone would think that you two were the same person ...I think it's factually correct to say that is amazing that Poole fan and a Ipswich fan can somehow turn up all the same topics all the time share the same opinion and also back each other up ...even more amazing is that Gavan old forum name was Chris .

• Like 2

Anyone would think that you two were the same person ...I think it's factually correct to say that is amazing that Poole fan and a Ipswich fan can somehow turn up all the same topics all the time share the same opinion and also back each other up ...even more amazing is that Gavan old forum name was Chris .

Yes someone else mentioned they thought they were the same person.

So gavan is really Chris and Chris is really gavan, got it now that's why both say the same things and it's one person behind two names .

So gillian is chris/gavan girlfriend/wife who looks like lily savage,from the picture ;)

So gavan is really Chris and Chris is really gavan, got it now that's why both say the same things and it's one person behind two names .

So gillian is chris/gavan girlfriend/wife who looks like lily savage,from the picture ;)

LMFAO!! Gavan we've been rumbled :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think it's factually correct that Gavan and I are both real speedway fans who can see the bigger picture...you cannot. As for Gavan's former forum name, who give's a damn. It's his views that count!

And how many Ippo threads have I turned up on? Zilch, nada, zero, sweet fa. Case closed you forum :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by chris4gillian

LMFAO!! Gavan we've been rumbled :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think it's factually correct that Gavan and I are both real speedway fans who can see the bigger picture...you cannot. As for Gavan's former forum name, who give's a damn. It's his views that count!

So Why does gavan views count but not others on here who have different views ? Edited by robert72

never had you down as a troll out to cause trouble. Only ever had 1 forum name which is my own name . Very strange post Edited by Gavan

I'm lost. Which one is kks? :unsure:

• Like 1

DON'T know which is worse ... the fact that this has stretched to 81 pages or that I am still reading them. Must get out more.

Out of interest, Philip, do you have a view on the question posed in the thread title (and willing to share it)?

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 1

THINK I did somewhere in the deep and distant past. Of course he should ride. I wouldn't say that I have ever been close to Tai, we are generations apart, but I can testify that he is passionate about racing for Great Britain.

He has, however, had some issues with the BSPA in the recent past and their timing of the British Final was short sighted to say the least. Personally, I would be in favour of seeding the defending champion anyway.

Don't think his not racing in the EL comes into it. Gareth Bale doesn't play in Britain but Wales are hardly likely to leave him out.

• Like 4

THINK I did somewhere in the deep and distant past. Of course he should ride. I wouldn't say that I have ever been close to Tai, we are generations apart, but I can testify that he is passionate about racing for Great Britain.

He has, however, had some issues with the BSPA in the recent past and their timing of the British Final was short sighted to say the least. Personally, I would be in favour of seeding the defending champion anyway.

Don't think his not racing in the EL comes into it. Gareth Bale doesn't play in Britain but Wales are hardly likely to leave him out.

Thanks. Apologies if I've inadvertently encouraged you to go over old ground. But it's easy to miss the odd post (and some of the ones on here are very odd) over the course of 81 pages.

Speedway is nothing like Football ..as in speedway ride for more than one club in Europe ..as has been ask before what other top rider misses his own league ?

• Like 1

just for you Robert72 all highlighted the relevant parts.

Yet 81 pages in and you still as clueless as ever

it is factually correct that Tai didnt decide until the dates were released.. and I know Tai well..

I understand the reasons for putting the british final where it is.. you want the guys to be well riden and back in the flow of riding after the winter break.. and it has to be just before the cardiff GP as the winner gets the wild card..

Tai just couldnt do it through the dates and didnt want the wildcard because he didnt deserve it as he didnt ride in the semi..

you dont get the football world cup winners straight into the final do you.. or a golfer only have to play the last 4 holes.. or the formula one the champion starting on pole every race..

if he is going to do it he would want to do the semi's where he has his own kit.. it has already been said he had to ride borrowed kit last time around..

seriously get off his back he is a credit to the GB team.. yes he doesnt ride here no matter what he is riding for GB end of really.

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

Speedway is nothing like Football ..as in speedway ride for more than one club in Europe ..as has been ask before what other top rider misses his own league ?

Speedway is exactly like football in the sense that players will go and play/ride for whoever is offering them the best money and chance to win something.

Do you think Gareth Bale would have played for Real Sociedad or Villareal? He went there to further his career and potentailly win major trophies.

Tai rides in Poland and Sweden as those are the leagues that firstly pay the most, have the better riders in them so he can test himself against the best on a regular basis and have a proper structure to them.

If Elite league paid the best and was better structured all the top boys would ride here.

Where are the top Poles?? Janowski, Dudek, Zmarzlik???

Blame the Elite league for the way its run but to say Tai should ride here because he is British is just ludicrous

• Like 3

Speedway is exactly like football in the sense that players will go and play/ride for whoever is offering them the best money and chance to win something.

Do you think Gareth Bale would have played for Real Sociedad or Villareal? He went there to further his career and potentailly win major trophies.

Tai rides in Poland and Sweden as those are the leagues that firstly pay the most, have the better riders in them so he can test himself against the best on a regular basis and have a proper structure to them.

If Elite league paid the best and was better structured all the top boys would ride here.

Where are the top Poles?? Janowski, Dudek, Zmarzlik???

Blame the Elite league for the way its run but to say Tai should ride here because he is British is just ludicrous

Tai who? Stay away much longer and we will have forgotten him!
  • Like 2

it is factually correct that Tai didnt decide until the dates were released.. and I know Tai well..

I understand the reasons for putting the british final where it is.. you want the guys to be well riden and back in the flow of riding after the winter break.. and it has to be just before the cardiff GP as the winner gets the wild card..

Tai just couldnt do it through the dates and didnt want the wildcard because he didnt deserve it as he didnt ride in the semi..

you dont get the football world cup winners straight into the final do you.. or a golfer only have to play the last 4 holes.. or the formula one the champion starting on pole every race..

if he is going to do it he would want to do the semi's where he has his own kit.. it has already been said he had to ride borrowed kit last time around..

seriously get off his back he is a credit to the GB team.. yes he doesnt ride here no matter what he is riding for GB end of really.

Useful post

If we have any questions in the future we can put them through you directly

Useful post

If we have any questions in the future we can put them through you directly

I dont speak to him every day and i am not his manager.. but i do converse with him.. but i know him well and consider him a mate.. but i certainly wont be answering questions on him.. but while people are questioning his dedication to speedway in the UK i will; defend the guy.. as i think its unjust

• Like 2

I dont speak to him every day and i am not his manager.. but i do converse with him.. but i know him well and consider him a mate.. but i certainly wont be answering questions on him.. but while people are questioning his dedication to speedway in the UK i will; defend the guy.. as i think its unjust

Sorry Darren,didn't word that post very well. What I meant to say was that we have been sloshing around for 82 pages of what I have labelled 'speculation' by posters include myself who don't know Tai Woffinden personally . Obviously you do, so your posts have a bit more gravitas than most on here me included.