British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Why would tai do a Training school in Britain during the winter when he will be sunning it in austrailia again ?

tai owes British speedway as he would never of been where he is now without it and seems to have forgot that and the fans.

and he has advertised it himself that he wants to give something back to the youngsters and this winter is the only time.. i am sure he will have a nice holiday i wouldnt think he will do them all over the winter i believe it is only a limited number of schools.

he rode in the UK he doesnt owe it anything.. he is going to be Captain of the GB team.. think that in anyones books is more than enough pay back..

you could say the same about any foregin rider who comes here to learn their trade we dont hold all of those to account though do we..??

if anything we owe Tai he has brought a world champion back to these shores and not just a one time thing either.. and when he is out there wearing our flag we owe him for that.. so think you have that the wrong way around.

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

and he has advertised it himself that he wants to give something back to the youngsters and this winter is the only time.. i am sure he will have a nice holiday i wouldnt think he will do them all over the winter i believe it is only a limited number of schools.

he rode in the UK he doesnt owe it anything.. he is going to be Captain of the GB team.. think that in anyones books is more than enough pay back..

you could say the same about any foregin rider who comes here to learn their trade we dont hold all of those to account though do we..??

if anything we owe Tai he has brought a world champion back to these shores and not just a one time thing either.. and when he is out there wearing our flag we owe him for that.. so think you have that the wrong way around.

Back in the day certain overseas riders did training schools here for young Brits.

Also many helped with advice for young Brits in the BJL that followed the main match.

So when are the dates ? The pricing will be interesting

Tai owes British speedway.

One of these days, perhaps, it might dawn that you saying something (repeatedly) doesn't actually make it so. Tai does not owe British speedway. He came back to Britain, he signed for clubs, he rode, he got paid. Do you feel you owe your job or profession anything other than the time you give in return for payment?

Have you not got any idea? right Tai rides Poland/Sweden/ every week that is his living Bread/Butter for him that is his priority.Then the series with it,also in the past he has even done some European Championship meetings where does Britain fit in into a seven day week.Tai owes us the British public zilch in my opinion his career his life he makes the call.

Of course it's up to him to make the call and he may well owe zilch to uk speedway the point being made is if that is the case then say so rather than making up feeble stuff all the time why he's not riding ....of course if we take your point that Tai can't fit Britain into his seven day week that's means we won't see him at Cardiff or Belle Vue this year then .

Of course it's up to him to make the call and he may well owe zilch to uk speedway the point being made is if that is the case then say so rather than making up feeble stuff all the time why he's not riding ....of course if we take your point that Tai can't fit Britain into his seven day week that's means we won't see him at Cardiff or Belle Vue this year then .

You do talk some nonsense.

Cardiff and Belle Vue are already in his schedule, he then chooses what else to add to his schedule.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

You do talk some nonsense.

Cardiff and Belle Vue are already in his schedule, he then chooses what else to add to his schedule.

But it's impossible to ride in these meetings as he has no bikes here ..unless you mean given enough time he is able to get his bikes to meetings outside Poland and Sweden

• Like 1

But it's impossible to ride in these meetings as he has no bikes here ..unless you mean given enough time he is able to get his bikes to meetings outside Poland and Sweden

It has no relevance.

Riding in the British Championships is optional. He decided not to ride in them, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

It has no relevance.

Riding in the British Championships is optional. He decided not to ride in them, it's as simple as that.

I never said otherwise ...what I and others have question is the reason given and the fact that it is possible to get a bike to a meeting in the uk

• Like 1

Why would tai do a Training school in Britain during the winter when he will be sunning it in austrailia again ?

tai owes British speedway as he would never of been where he is now without it and seems to have forgot that and the fans.

Why? Change the record for Gawd's sake! Tai owes nobody nothing. If anything, us British fans owe him huge support for being (arguably) the best rider in the world the last few years. He is the figurehead of British speedway whether you like it or not. He will captain Team GB at the SCW whether you like it or not. And he is BRITISH whether you like it or not. I for one am proud that we have a BRITISH 2 time World Champion and I personally hope he goes on to match or even better both Ivan Mauger's and Tony Rickarsson's 6 world titles injury permitting. He certainly has the natural talent and if that means no UK speedway, so what?

I certainly don't profess to be a speedway expert (unlike your claims), but my (probably quite limited) knowledge evidently overshadows yours and you prove that time and time again post after post. You also smack of jealousy that Tai is at the top of the world in a motor sport event that you failed (yes that IS the correct word no matter what spin you try to put on it) in.

Just give it a rest now for pity's sake!

• Like 3

No chris4gillian.

Failed means never trying something according to the troll lol

Im apparantly a failed speedway rider because ive never done it!

Im also a failed astronaut, airline pilot and brain surgeon!

if he cant understand the dictionary definition of failure then we have no chance of him understanding anything

• Like 1

No chris4gillian.

Failed means never trying something according to the troll lol

Im apparantly a failed speedway rider because ive never done it!

Im also a failed astronaut, airline pilot and brain surgeon!

Yeh your right, i wouldn't want you piloting my plane and i really wouldn't want you to be my Neurosurgeon.. ;)

• Like 2

Hope your cheering on Tai Robert72 tonight it's looking good for him as Holder is doing what I thought might happen to him. Should leave England alone might help him win a world title again!

So you didn't watch Belle Vue rider Zagar beat your beloved tai and now tai has been beaten by two other rider who race in the Elite League

So you didn't watch Belle Vue rider Zagar beat your beloved tai and now tai has been beaten by two other rider who race in the Elite League

you prick. Tai was off gate 4 both times but then again as a failed rider you wouldn't know about gate positions! My beloved Tai!! No you t0sser I'm British supporting the Brit. Oh and let's see at the end of the season how many riders who ride over here will finish top 3. My guess is 1 at best. How is Zagars club form by the way?

Off graveyard gate 4 on both occasions. Being so knowledgeable you understand that, right?

Didn't stop Kings Lynn rider NKI winning from gate 4 oops did you and twit face not watch that race lol

Only One of the 7 GP riders who ride in the Britain failed to win a race and that was holder which showed no fatigue with them

3 riders who ride in British Speedway have made the Speedway GP final tonight, great night for British Elite League

Didn't stop Kings Lynn rider NKI winning from gate 4 oops did you and twit face not watch that race lol

Only One of the 7 GP riders who ride in the Britain failed to win a race and that was holder which showed no fatigue with them

3 riders who ride in British Speedway have made the Speedway GP final tonight, great night for British Elite League

The Winner rides in the Uk Poland Sweden & Denmark and he didn't look tired and Well Done Bomber

Edited by robert72

Why are we talking about tiredness you d1ckhead. I'm telling you come the end of the season there maybe 1 elite league rider in the top 3. Have a look at the standings pal only 2 of the top 8 ride over here and one if them is Holder who isn't interested in the UK as his form is shocking over here. I'm sure Greg and Tai who will now both pull clear would much rather be in the elite league then going for the world title. You are a pillock and so say all of us

Edited by Gavan