British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

You know what Robert72, I've had a little skid on a speedway bike, but hell I was bad, no i'll rephrase that, I was embarrassingly s**t but i'm not afraid to admit it. I started off in school boy grass track, then in 75 lied about my age to get a ACU licence as I was 15 at the time to do grass track on a new 500 Antig JAP. Then went to Wolverhampton training school in the Winter of 1975, had a lot of help off Chris Harrison, have done a few od meetings for Stoke, Edinburgh & a few no 7 & 8 rides for Wolves. But what really gived me the s***s was seeing Juniors around me that had such poor equipment where as I had the very very best, but one thing I lacked was absolutely no ability! But i'm happy to admit it. I've PM you asking if you was the rob I knew at Cradley in the late 60s early 70s, but you did not have the decency to reply!

I hope you feel better getting that off your chest but What has that got to do with woffinden and lambert not there for practice?

Back to the thread title should tai ride for team GB ?

The Answer is NO

Both tai and lambert should be dropped, this IS World Cup week and One is on holiday the other didn't turn up for team practice.

This is an embarrassment and shows a complete lack of team spirit and professionalisim.

Many a rider has opt to miss practice for GPs! Thought you would understand that being a X rider ? Would you have practiced at Poole where you have stated, won many races! cant wait to find out who you are, I'm excited, bet iv must have seen you at Poole elbow to elbow with Darcy!

Get in the real world it's what a lot of people think, most people are fed up with the DW43 all the time, there are British riders badly hurt too who didn't make a good living like Darcy where's the support for them ?

You're wrong about this one afa fans being "fed up" with hearing about Darcy, how crass of you!

Why the hell don't you do a sponsored walk or similar for injured riders, I would give as would hundreds of others ....

• Like 1

Many a rider has opt to miss practice for GPs! Thought you would understand that being a X rider ? Would you have practiced at Poole where you have stated, won many races! cant wait to find out who you are, I'm excited, bet iv must have seen you at Poole elbow to elbow with Darcy!

You may not of realised this but it's Not a GP its the World Cup which means a TEAM event.

Back to the thread title should tai ride for team GB ?

The Answer is NO

it's already been answered. He has been selected and us riding. Get over it and stop trolling.

Monday was not official practise. :rolleyes:

Expect Nikki Pedersen will be back from holiday for official practice too.

How unprofessional missing his countries semi final.

Leave him out of the LCQ and/or final.

it's already been answered. He has been selected and us riding. Get over it and stop trolling.

Monday was not official practise. :rolleyes:

How unprofessional missing his countries semi final.

Leave him out of the LCQ and/or final.

He has been left out.

In response to the thread title.Yes Tai should ride.Just because he doesn't ride here doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to represent his country.

Just think of all the sportsmen/women form all around the world that ply their trades in different countries to their own,but still turn out for their countries.The fans want to see the best for their country surely.

• Like 2

Rumour is he was getting the words to the National anthem done, so there`s no excuses the next time he wins a GP.

There's a lot of words to get on there, not sure he has the space for all this:

Australians all let us rejoice

For we are young and free

We've golden soil and wealth for toil

Our home is girt by sea

Our land abounds in nature's gifts

Of beauty rich and rare

In history's page let every stage

Advance Australia fair

In joyful strains then let us sing

Advance Australia fair

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross

We'll toil with hearts and hands

To make this Commonwealth of ours

Renowned of all the lands

For those who've come across the seas

We've boundless plains to share

With courage let us all combine

To advance Australia fair

In joyful strains then let us sing

Advance Australia fair

• Like 3

Raced Darcy? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're wrong about this one afa fans being "fed up" with hearing about Darcy, how crass of you!

Why the hell don't you do a sponsored walk or similar for injured riders, I would give as would hundreds of others ....

I offered to take his £10K bet if he faced Tai - he faces Tai I give £10K to the Ben Fund, but no response as it's all crap!

Expect Nikki Pedersen will be back from holiday for official practice too.

Hans Neilsen has told him he's surplus to requirements so he won't be riding. KK is in for Magic though.

p.s. YES Tai Should ride for Team GB (just to keep things on topic).

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

150+ pages in and most of them have been bitching from the usual suspects. Only an Idiot would think that Tai shouldn't be in the GB squad and let's face it, the idiots haven't let us down.

If you put all the personal bias and bull$hit to one side it's a no brainer.

• Like 5

150+ pages in and most of them have been bitching from the usual suspects. Only an Idiot would think that Tai shouldn't be in the GB squad and let's face it, the idiots haven't let us down.

If you put all the personal bias and bull$hit to one side it's a no brainer.

I assume you was with Adam yesterday?

Was it the talk that Tai & Robert wasn't around our was it not a problem to anyone?

Was it late notice the practice?

You could possibly nail this shut