British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Please be careful discussing Kevin Holden, his daughter has kindly posted in the past here correcting incorrect myths in respect of his accident.

Yes I know she is and Kevin was a lovely chap as was his dad, really nice people and I was devastated when I heard the sad news.

Can i get your boss's number please - you're supposedly working up in scotland today and all you've done is use this forum - i don't think you're performing well.

Unless you're a rent boy of course and are just waiting for punters to come in, which if so, please accept my apologies..

He won't respond to you as it's just another of his fantasies Doc. He is relentless in coming up with utter nonsense which is why I refuse to respond to anything further he writes.

He keeps saying that I (like Gavan and BWitcher appartently) call everyone names, however in the real word it's only him (the 'lying coward' because that's exactly what he has become) and starman (the forums well known :icon_smile_clown: and somebody I encounter far more regularly than him as we are both Poole supporters). I haven't called anybody else anything. Both are fully justifiable.

The most recent hilarity is he now claims to have ridden at Poole in the past, well my father has been going to Poole for best part of 60 years and I myself have been a regular since the mid 70's and we both can't come up with any 'Robert's' we've ever seen of note during this time. He refuses to provide ANY evidence to back up his claims and refuses to meet Tai which he said he would a number of times. So to me, he is just a 'lying coward'.

• Like 1

same here, it's the retard group who drag good people down, I speak as I see it, they just twist it .

Hobnob was speaking directly to you. That is YOU. The cretin that is besmirching the good name of past speedway riders for your own personal kicks.

Hobnob Smith IS a former rider. I know him well. He's asked you nicely. Pay heed.

• Like 3

For the love of God can we not just ignore this troll. O.K. he was a speedway who raced world champions, ridden a Douglas, donates to the Ben Fund knows injured and deceased riders and he had to retire due to a large chip on his shoulder.

It won't happen mate, your wasting your time. The :icon_smile_clown: s on here will just go on and on and on. boring bunch clearly..

Hobnob was speaking directly to you. That is YOU. The cretin that is besmirching the good name of past speedway riders for your own personal kicks.

Hobnob Smith IS a former rider. I know him well. He's asked you nicely. Pay heed.

Follow the thread and read it properly before making things up as you are good at to suit your own argument

same here, it's the retard group who drag good people down, I speak as I see it, they just twist it .

Then perhaps if you stop posting they will have nothing to twist..

Follow the thread and read it properly before making things up as you are good at to suit your own argument

as bwitcher said I am not condoning what you said you where the one that brought Kevin into this I didn't know kevin I only knew his dad and couldn't meet a nicer person

when you pick a side to win you pick it on abilities not personalities if you want success

• Like 1

Tom Elwood born in 1977 who has serious mental health problems and behaviour problems plus long term back injuries puts things like the above on here and it's acceptable just because he is one of the bully boys but on the outside tom is not a tough man that he thinks he is and just because he has mental health problems he shouldn't Be allowed to get away with the above.

It was a genuine statement tho - you said you were off to scotland for work today and yet you've posted all day long, it makes no sense.

Thanks for giving me a name check anyway - care to do the same ? Na, i didnt think so.

Coward

as bwitcher said I am not condoning what you said you where the one that brought Kevin into this I didn't know kevin I only knew his dad and couldn't meet a nicer person

when you pick a side to win you pick it on abilities not personalities if you want success

anyway life is way too short to keep this nonsense going you only have one life get out and enjoy it cos one thing is certain it will end so why get wound up over whether a rider does this or that just enjoy the entertainment they give us

I knew both well, if you look back some pages, I was asked why the Ben fund meant a lot to me and was I badly injured, I said no thankfully but I knew riders who were in wheelchairs and sadly knew 5 riders who lost there life, then the trolls denied 5 had passed on and it carried on with sensible talk while the normal idiots tried to derail it and that's what you seem to have joined in, so if you look back I have not dragged anybody down, it's the same idiots who twist things to suit there warped minds.

Your right you couldn't meet nicer people than the both of them and I really missed kev, top man as was george too.

I remember Gary Peterson the night he had his tragic accident in 75 at Wolverhampton. But what the hell as DW43 got to do with it ????

And I also unfortunately witnessed Craig Featherby fatal accident, but I tend to try & block any of those memories. Regarding DW, yes iv been very fortunate to be graced & at times dazzled by his brilliance, when he made his come back in 2015 I watched EVERY meeting he rode in this country & one in Sweden. Yes I remember him for his good side, riding a speedway bike like not many can!!!

Back to the thread title should tai ride for team GB ?

The Answer is NO

Both tai and lambert should be dropped, this IS World Cup week and One is on holiday the other didn't turn up for team practice.

This is an embarrassment and shows a complete lack of team spirit and professionalisim.

Edited by robert72

Was it an official team practice or was the track just made available for GB riders to practice on if they wished?

If two riders out of 4 weren't there I'd guess it is more likely to be the latter, but I don't know.

You know what Robert72, I've had a little skid on a speedway bike, but hell I was bad, no i'll rephrase that, I was embarrassingly s**t but i'm not afraid to admit it. I started off in school boy grass track, then in 75 lied about my age to get a ACU licence as I was 15 at the time to do grass track on a new 500 Antig JAP. Then went to Wolverhampton training school in the Winter of 1975, had a lot of help off Chris Harrison, have done a few od meetings for Stoke, Edinburgh & a few no 7 & 8 rides for Wolves. But what really gived me the s***s was seeing Juniors around me that had such poor equipment where as I had the very very best, but one thing I lacked was absolutely no ability! But i'm happy to admit it. I've PM you asking if you was the rob I knew at Cradley in the late 60s early 70s, but you did not have the decency to reply!

• Like 4