British Speedway Forum

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

This could be an amazing contribution to the great Ben Fund

So who is in for the 10k bet (really in, not just words) and what does your nemesis Robert72 need to prove for the takers to pay up? If he can't, then he pays up. Let's make it clear.

• Like 1

This could be an amazing contribution to the great Ben Fund

So who is in for the 10k bet (really in, not just words) and what does your nemesis Robert72 need to prove for the takers to pay up? If he can't, then he pays up. Let's make it clear.

They are all talk Hodgy because as you and others know I would so love to add £10k for Ben Fund out of those idiots pockets who doubted I raced.

Let's see their cash £10k I can go to £20k if they really are that sure I am a liar, come on it's a great cause.

It just occurred to me on a serious note, with you being such an advocate of the SRBF did you suffer any bad injuries in your time?

I

I doubt he's ever fallen from a speedway bike, as he's never been on one.

But I do feel sure that he's had more blows to the head than are healthy for a normal person.

• Like 1

They are all talk Hodgy because as you and others know I would so love to add £10k for Ben Fund out of those idiots pockets who doubted I raced.

Let's see their cash £10k I can go to £20k if they really are that sure I am a liar, come on it's a great cause.

I'm not taking sides. Just seeing a great opportunity to boost the fund. Reading a few posts stating they will take the bet - but all need to be clear on what the exact bet is. I could bet you a £1M, you then prove you are what it takes. You are open to the public and i'm outta here. Doubt there are many that would seriously pay out £10k as a result of a forum scrap.

You're! You're! Feckin You're!..Thick Tw@t!

Well at least Stevebrum has got the message. Still not right though. :lol:

I had an interest in the post but now the interest is gone because you're question has been answered. :P

I have won a number of races at Poole, it was a great race track and a good set up well run as it is now.

I didnt ask how many races you won, and i didnt ask how good a track it was - i asked for times and dates.

Coward

I had injuries but not long term unlike people I knew well that I raced with and against who are wheelchair bound and don't get the DW support so the SRBF is important and a great charity and Those representing team GB in the World Cup should be in the next Ben fund or should be named and shamed.

I also knew 5 riders killed on track and knew their families, these people seem forgotten, a page in the Brit GP programme remembering them would be good.

Perhaps you can ask the permission of the wheelchair bound riders you're referring to, then you can name them on here, and maybe the Bsf can bring their plight to a wider audience and get them the support they need ?

I'm also struggling with 5 British riders killed on track in any kinda of time frame that doesnt make you sound like you have had a 30 year career in speedway. Can you enlighten me on that ?

So to sum up, i've asked you few questions here - its not a challenge for you ask another question. Just answer them..

Kind regards.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm struggling with 5 British riders killed on track ??

Me too. i can only think of Muchene, Garratt, Nix and Richardson.

Perhaps someone sensible like Norbold, Tsunami or the like, NOT GUSTIX, can perhaps assist us.

I could add possibly two more riders but I didn't know them.

Murderer.

Aren't you on your way to scotland ?

Edited by The Doctor...

Peter craven in 63? Plenty others if you go further back. If you don't mean just brits you had the likes of Pyatt and Alderton killed on British tracks in the early 80s.

Can't post link from my phone but there is an in memoriam website dedicated to speedway deaths.

Killed on the track

1 Derek "Tink" Maynard, Belle Vue rider, killed at Norwich I think in the 60's. A collision with his team mate, sad.

2 I read in the Kenny Carter book there was a rider killed at Ellesmere Port in the early days of KC career, lost control and hit the track tractor - maybe why now tractor/graders go off the track to park.

3 Wasnt there a rider at Poole, just dropped dead when racing, not an racing accident, just something burst inside him causing instant death, they reckoned he was dead before he hit the track. Read it, cant remember name or when.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Killed on the track

1 Derek "Tink" Maynard, Belle Vue rider, killed at Norwich I think in the 60's. A collision with his team mate, sad.

2 I read in the Kenny Carter book there was a rider killed at Ellesmere Port in the early days of KC career, lost control and hit the track tractor - maybe why now tractor/graders go off the track to park.

3 Wasnt there a rider at Poole, just dropped dead when racing, not an racing accident, just something burst inside him causing instant death, they reckoned he was dead before he hit the track. Read it, cant remember name or when.

Kevin holden was 3 I believe? In 1977.

Chris prime, mentioned by others, was 2.

Edited by waihekeaces1