British Speedway Forum

Sky Sports Speedway Intro Noise

I put the TV on tonight to watch the speedway only to be greeted with a screaming and manic shouting noise and no, it was not Nigel and Kelvin, but that repetitive crappy rapping noise played during the introduction of teams and riders, which some might call a type of music though I would disagree as to it being music. I just hope that was just a one-off and it is never played ever again.

• Like 1

I put the TV on tonight to watch the speedway only to be greeted with a screaming and manic shouting noise and no, it was not Nigel and Kelvin, but that repetitive crappy rapping noise played during the introduction of teams and riders, which some might call a type of music though I would disagree as to it being music. I just hope that was just a one-off and it is never played ever again.

:lol: calm ya skinz ol' boy.

Things move on, can't expect people to chuck on showaddywaddy just for your liking & exclude da yoovs speedway is so desperate to encourage :t:

• Like 7

Now't wrong with the music. I am 64 and have moved on from the days of Elvis and jailhouse rock. Bring it on or should they open with Acker Bilk's stranger on the shore. Which would be quite fitting for British speedway with all the overseas riders.

• Like 4

Now't wrong with the music. I am 64 and have moved on from the days of Elvis and jailhouse rock. Bring it on or should they open with Acker Bilk's stranger on the shore. Which would be quite fitting for British speedway with all the overseas riders.

Well I'm 70 - and I haven't. :angry: :angry: :angry:;):blink:

• Like 3

I didn't hear the music but I've always said speedway has to be promoted to the younger viewer as an extreme sport and if you put on the extreme sports channel or watch the x games then you are likely to,get that crappy rapping noise that you mention....and its music that the younger generation seem to like !....so if it grabs a youngster' s attention then that's a good thing in my book....the product following the music might struggle to do that though !!

Speedway has to attract a younger generation of followers to survive...

• Like 1

What happens on track is the most important thing, Rap i do not believe is the answer (Nor is it favoured by a majority of younger people) and if someone believes that it is the saviour of British Speedway well it might as well be dead. Cricket seems to have done ok without using rap i was tempted to put a c before rap as that would be more accurate. No if we need a bit of music then Heavy Metal is alive and well and much more suited to a bike sport.

What happens on track is the most important thing, Rap i do not believe is the answer (Nor is it favoured by a majority of younger people) and if someone believes that it is the saviour of British Speedway well it might as well be dead. Cricket seems to have done ok without using rap i was tempted to put a c before rap as that would be more accurate. No if we need a bit of music then Heavy Metal is alive and well and much more suited to a bike sport.

No way

The way my team are riding this year that might not be a bad idea...

"Bring your daughter to the Slaughter" by Iron Maiden would have been appropriate v Coventry on Monday... :D

At least Sky are ringing the changes!! The old 'intros' were just that, old.......and boring!!

Maybe if they are trying to reach a younger audience, they should show it - or something promotionally similar - on their other channels?!

Edited by Skidder1

At 20/20 cricket at Trent Bridge it was Beggin by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, time and time again, slightly revamped but not a huge 1960's hit!

Ice hockey tends to get the music right but then often it is short snatches when the play and clock stops for a few seconds.

I'm all for short snatches. :o :o :o;):P

• 4 weeks later...

At Poole years ago we used to have Fanfare for the common man by Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the teams made their way to the parade (At least it's better that most of the **** on BGT). That's a great tune unless I'm wrong. On the downside we had to endure Congratulations by Cliff Richard :-( .

For some strange reason we had the William Tell Overture as the riders came under starters orders for every heat.

At Poole years ago we used to have Fanfare for the common man by Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the teams made their way to the parade (At least it's better that most of the **** on BGT). That's a great tune unless I'm wrong. On the downside we had to endure Congratulations by Cliff Richard :-( .

For some strange reason we had the William Tell Overture as the riders came under starters orders for every heat.

It was the Lone Ranger theme tune back in the '60s and synonymous with speed back then.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow