British Speedway Forum

Ipswich V Plymouth 16.4.15

I understand CL made programme comments about track preparation . He obviously doesnt understand that you get greater entertainment, closer racing, and an altogether better meeting when you DONT have a track prepared with one team in mind.

Good racing comes from a consistent surface all over, so inside and outside can be used. Doctored tracks often see riders seeing the doctor.

I understand CL made programme comments about track preparation . He obviously doesnt understand that you get greater entertainment, closer racing, and an altogether better meeting when you DONT have a track prepared with one team in mind.

Good racing comes from a consistent surface all over, so inside and outside can be used. Doctored tracks often see riders seeing the doctor.

what a load of complete tosh!!

You obviously didn't see Peterborough against ipswich or most Somerset home matches where they normally batter everyone out of sight. Normally ipswich is one of the fairest prepared tracks Edited by baldyman

I was referring to the best runner up

So was I Dick, you asserted that Rye House's large win v Plymouth may be a factor - it won't. It's worth the same 3 match points as a 46-44 win. The qualifying runner-up will be decided by the best average of match points per meeting raced. It's all explained on www.speedwaygb.co

Was that at turn 2 where I don't think the bouncy castle reaches?

yeah - about 2 panels after it ends.

It may just be my imagination but I think thats just about where it ended when it was first installed. Certainly seems to have shrunk over the years.

I see Gino is making an appeal for contributions as his suit was cut off last night. .. the suit that Ipswich paid for.

Is it just me or are riders sticking their hands out at every opportunity these days ?

Hope he doesn't get the same grief Adam Roynon got even though it wasn't Adam doing the asking.