British Speedway Forum

Apart From Speedway?

I have been to a few Ice Hockey matches at Swindon and Coventry which were very enjoyable.

Years ago I got dragged along to watch a game of cricket which thankfully I have never had to suffer again.

I did a few Greyhound meetings in the 70's which were tolerable.

And finally some football games where I have been invited along as a guest as there is no way I would pay to watch. Don't mind watching Match of the Day though!

Thank goodness for Speedway.

How do they play that? Is there a rule book I can download?

I'm afraid it is much too big and would fill your computer hard drive. Also if you get confused and irritated with speedway rules and regulations you'd be tearing your hair out with some of these ones. :neutral:

Football & I watched touring cars the other week which were ok. I don't watch England play footie though as they are terrible to watch. Although you never asked I will let you know what I don't watch. Cricket & golf which I can't separate for which is the most boring, F1, which is so dull these days & snooker. zzzzzzzzzzzzz One of my colleagues listens to cricket on his headphones in the office which I guess must make it more interesting having to guess who is stood where. I really don't get it.

I watch most sports on TV when they are on especially Boxing and Football, but other sports like Golf, Tennis and Rugby I only usually watch the big events or matches.

Last week I took my two youngest kids (12 and 5) to Hednesford Raceway to watch Stocks and Bangers which they loved, especially the bangers when they crashed ....... although we dont want to see riders crash, it does make you think there could be some sort of exhibition speedway heats put on at meetings be it young riders or ex riders.

Pool is the only sport I really do these days and run a local successful league and in the past have played to a high standard and played World and European Champions and been a part of the team that were National Champions many years ago. I was a keen footballer until ankle injuries stopped me at an early age and now help my 14 year old son in his love of the sport playing in local leagues.

F1, Moto GP, Touring Cars, Superbikes and all and every winter sport...but especially Downhill skiing, Snow Board, Ski Jumping, Speed Skating, Bob, Luge and Skeleton.

BTCC, Moto GP, F1. And best of all, Speed Hill Climb - a full day's racing non-stop (except for a gentlemanly break for lunch) for the price of a speedway match. Ever seen a 600 bhp single-seater racing up a single track road? Makes four blokes on bokes look tame.

BTCC, Moto GP, F1. And best of all, Speed Hill Climb - a full day's racing non-stop (except for a gentlemanly break for lunch) for the price of a speedway match. Ever seen a 600 bhp single-seater racing up a single track road? Makes four blokes on bokes look tame.

Oops, forgot Superbikes and WRC.

F1, Snooker, Olympics (especially curling at Winter Olympics), occasionally Rugby, only really bother with Football for the World Cup.

All the best

Rob

I thought it was any sport you could get a ticket for Rob - which in your case is ANY sport!!

Three day eventing, live at Badminton Horse Trials

Always think that the Badminton equestrian event is a bit cruel - I mean what would happen if one of the horses swallowed a shuttlecock?! LOL!

I thought it was any sport you could get a ticket for Rob - which in your case is ANY sport!!

Always think that the Badminton equestrian event is a bit cruel - I mean what would happen if one of the horses swallowed a shuttlecock?! LOL!

I've watched horses play Badminton and they are generally very good apart from their clumsiness around the court..not cruel at all.

Oops, forgot Superbikes and WRC.

Perhaps if they had been on Bikes - it would have been better. :t:

• Like 1