British Speedway Forum

European Best Pairs

You sound a barrel of laughs...

A barrel of laughs who makes a small profit betting no speedway.

It's like saying, "I bet on a team to win by 10 but they only won by 9 due to the TR being used against them" - thats the rules, what what you're betting on.

Maybe if I bet no Denmark and they finish last I can moan because I thought finishing last meant winning?

Anyone betting one something that they don't have a grasp of the rules on it is a mug.

A barrel of laughs who makes a small profit betting no speedway.

It's like saying, "I bet on a team to win by 10 but they only won by 9 due to the TR being used against them" - thats the rules, what what you're betting on.

Maybe if I bet no Denmark and they finish last I can moan because I thought finishing last meant winning?

Anyone betting one something that they don't have a grasp of the rules on it is a mug.

Maybe you should have spoken to Bet 365 in that case to clarify the ruling on a curtailed pairs meeting :lol:

Maybe you should have spoken to Bet 365 in that case to clarify the ruling on a curtailed pairs meeting :lol:

I know the rules of speedway. The Russians won :P Anyway, it's being taken further, I still think they've used a rule that's not relevant. It's not the first time Bet365 have messed up and I've had to go to IBAS about them!

This particular competition is nothing more than a semi-official pre-season invitational tournament. It's not a European Championship, despite the title.

The fast track was always primarily about saving money, but why do not people not grasp that British speedway has to save money otherwise it'll be out of business? Even having a World Champion doesn't bring the fans in anymore - the British leagues used to have all the world champions, but crowds still dwindled.

Unfortunately, the sport is at such a low ebb now that it simply has to cut its cloth according to what's affordable, and not try to compete with leagues paying money they can't afford.

Whether or not we should be sending riders to get experience at privately run open meetings on the Continent is maybe another issue, but it would not be my priority.

Sadly Humphrey you are 100% right.

It is nonetheless so sad that Speedway has sunk low in this Country, both Financially, and in it's Public standing.

I don't have any answers but I do mourn for the Sport I have loved since the early Sixties.

• Like 1