British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star Season Preview Special Best Ever

Great issue arrived on time by subscription and I also noticed a decent supply in the local Sainsbury store.

2 serious questions:

1. There is so much in it - why not spread it over 2 editions? Maybe PL/NL first then EL, SGP and International second?!

2. The brown envelope in which my copy is received is useless in the rain - any thoughts on a polywrapper or is it just cost?!

Just a pity that many clubs just ask a sponsor or their friends.

They don't at Newcastle - I did it last year and I know the person who is doing it this year.

They definitely ask Supporters.

Credit to them for that.

• Like 2

Congratulations, excellent content and incredible value for money.

My only minor suggestion for improvement is to add the post code to the how to get there directions. In these days of sat navs it would make life simpler for those of us who rely on them.

It's a brilliant publication, and costs less than a lot of speedway programmes.

Well done to everyone involved in this weeks great effort.

I am a subscriber to speedway star but this one is always the highlight of the season, Mimmo makes a great point about pricing and really shows just how over inflated speedway program prices are, my local non league footy team which often gets gates lower than that of most speedway clubs but offers a program which is twice the content of a speedway example and still costs less!

I am a subscriber to speedway star but this one is always the highlight of the season, Mimmo makes a great point about pricing and really shows just how over inflated speedway program prices are, my local non league footy team which often gets gates lower than that of most speedway clubs but offers a program which is twice the content of a speedway example and still costs less!

I think a lot of local non league football clubs are very good at getting sponsorship and support from the local community which would help in pricing of programmes etc...the entry price is usually less as well ...but speedway riders certainly earn a lot more than footballers from the Evo Stik League and the like so I suppose they have to get the income in somehow .

The Speedway Star preview edition is certainly a fine effort and value for money though.

GOT short shrift from the office ... postcodes are on the maps!

Apologies, maybe we both missed them for the same reason. I looked at the foreign maps because it was interesting to see where each track is geographically situated but not the UK maps as I pretty much know which part of the country to find Swindon, Coventry etc.

Perhaps the point is that it may be more appropriate to include or, repeat the postcodes with the detailed travel instructions. I suspect that is where most fans will look first when planning their journey.

Got mine from ASDA - it is a great read. Not that I have finished it yet - but I am enjoying it very much.

Congratulations to all of the Production Team on a superb Magazine.

Oooops - I forgot - the one I got was the last one in the Store.

Edited by The White Knight

Blooming belter of an issue; always love the way it "thuds" as it hits the mat - annual event now; there's only the Speedway Star March pre-season issue that makes that noise ! the Grattans Catologue issue is what I always call it. Congratulations to all involved; and in these days of being short changed; Speedway Star definitely not short changing any of us.

Replacement Speedway Star arrived, I've emailed my thanks. How do I know it's the replacmenet ? Sunscribers will understand that my name and address was printed on a lable as opposed to the usual way of printing direct onto the envelope, still no sign of the original.

So, just one day to read the admittedly brilliant bumper issue. Gonna be a late night :D ....

Replacement Speedway Star arrived, I've emailed my thanks. How do I know it's the replacmenet ? Sunscribers will understand that my name and address was printed on a lable as opposed to the usual way of printing direct onto the envelope, still no sign of the original.

So, just one day to read the admittedly brilliant bumper issue. Gonna be a late night :D ....

Surely the beauty of this edition is it's all still relevant next week :D I hope so, as I only order mine Sunday so hoping its there when I get home.