British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star Season Preview Special Best Ever

Got mine in my local Sainsburys on Thursday, no problem. The only copy I am guaranteed to buy

Just like to correct the Plymouth track length though Its 207 metres, not 216 as published.

Overall though, an excellent production.

It's not the first misrepresentation printed in SS if you took any notice of the rubbish spouted on the Darcy Ward thread over the last few months. :wink:

Edited by pugwash

Got mine in my local Sainsburys on Thursday, no problem. The only copy I am guaranteed to buy

Just like to correct the Plymouth track length though Its 207 metres, not 216 as published.

Overall though, an excellent production.

It's not the first misrepresentation printed in SS if you took any notice of the rubbish spouted on the Darcy Ward thread over the last few months. :wink:

If they had got within 9 metres of decent coverage on Darcy Ward.

No one would have commented.

PS

Great issue this week.

And s0d Tescos.

On ipad and PC is so, so much better.

Brilliant preview issue this week.

Since i moved back to Falkirk in 2004, i've always had my copy on order in a local newsagents in town. It moved location for a year or so then sadly just closed without any notice last summer. I'm so glad i can pick up my weekly copy in either Asda, Tesco, Morrisons or WH Smith on the High Street. Usually Asda on a friday morning before i head to work.

On the way back from work today, popped into Sainsbury's at Stratton in Swindon,,

Two copies of last week's Star still on display, oh no I thought, the big one must be a late delivery...

However out of place on the racks was one last copy of the Season Preview issue, which obviously I grabbed..

Haven't read it yet, but looking forward too..

I'd like to comment but despite subscribing my copy is late. Disappointing though but no real surprise as it's often delayed 1 week in 4, so along with the 'end of the world panic buyers' I popped into nearby ASDA, they told me they had been sent no copies. Then, more 'armageddon' shoppers to Tesco, but they'd been sent no 'Stars either, which is arguably worse. Hrmmpph....

If that's your experience then email Dave Fairbrother at the Star and he will sort it out.

EDIT: Tried to send you private message on this issue but told you are not accepting messages.

Edited by lastword

But you did say you were going to buy SS to 'laugh at some of the expert prediction', is that positive? Perhaps you would have been better picking up a copy of Viz?

It was a jokey comment based on the "so called expert" (ie the fans) that the promoters, manager and riders often ridicule. Nothing more sinister than that.

Edited by SCB

If that's your experience then email Dave Fairbrother at the Star and he will sort it out.

EDIT: Tried to send you private message on this issue but told you are not accepting messages.

It isn't that; can't get the private message function to work, maybe I need to delete my account then re-open it ? Appreciate the idea of emailing Dave Fairbrother I've phoned him before and he's sent out missing issues quicker than asap (!), I will phone him if it don't arrive Saturday. Was having bad day on Thursday, looking forward to reading 'Star season preview and it didn't arrive, but the 'Star is stonking good value at £2.90 (£2.17 subs!), as pointed out it's cheaper than many programmes....

Last year I predicted Rye House would finish top of the PL....sadly for them it was almost the opposite.

This year I predict I will be right or wrong & success for the Rockets. What a start for them. PL Champions 2015 for them? Don't forget you read it here. :icon_smile_clown:

Part the fun of predictions is to be able to smugly remind everyone what you predicted when it goes well and to mock others when they're wrong. Whats the point otherwise :D FWIW, I had Rye House down as dark horses. I've gone with Sheffield to win the league this year though.

Still waiting to read the season preview guide as it has not arrived at my house yet. Really disappointed that i have to wait till Tuesday now!! Just shows how poor Royal Mail are!

Are you sure your postie isn't having a quick look before he delivers it to you, I get mine by post without any trouble, normally comes on a Thursday but failing that Friday.

Brilliant preview issue this week.

Since i moved back to Falkirk in 2004, i've always had my copy on order in a local newsagents in town. It moved location for a year or so then sadly just closed without any notice last summer. I'm so glad i can pick up my weekly copy in either Asda, Tesco, Morrisons or WH Smith on the High Street. Usually Asda on a friday morning before i head to work.

Cant you get it delivered, much easier.

Are you sure your postie isn't having a quick look before he delivers it to you, I get mine by post without any trouble, normally comes on a Thursday but failing that Friday.

Cant you get it delivered, much easier.

Just habit as i'm paid weekly on fridays. I pick up my copy when getting my shopping every week.

I looked for you earlier tonight when i was over that way, but never saw you in your usual spot.

Edited by falkirkbandit