British Speedway Forum

Speedway Star Season Preview Special Best Ever

Sincere congratulations to Speedway Star editors Richard Clark and Andrew Skeels, in particular, and everyone else concerned - including contributors and the designers - on producing today's mammoth 128-page Season Preview Special.

Without hesitation, I would say it is the best EVER single edition of any magazine ever produced on the sport.

Actually, it's a book, not a magazine, and easily worth twice the £2.90 cover price.

There is so much to admire in the variation of in-depth content and presentation - I loved the UK, Swedish and Polish graphic maps with track info. A small but nice touch.

Tony Mac
Retro Speedway

• Like 5

The one copy of the Star I make an effort to buy each year - even if it is only to laugh at some of the expert prediction :D So I'll pop to the supermarket no the way home I think.

Wouldn't bother if i was you, all you will do is criticise!

• Like 5

You must live a very sheltered life if you consider that abuse, just fact!

It's a lie. It's libel. I post a positive comment and then you say I'm always negative and thats a fact. Do you not see how stupid that is? Having a dig at someone being positive because they're "always negative" :rofl:

It's a lie. It's libel. I post a positive comment and then you say I'm always negative and thats a fact. Do you not see how stupid that is? Having a dig at someone being positive because they're "always negative" :rofl:

But you did say you were going to buy SS to 'laugh at some of the expert prediction', is that positive? Perhaps you would have been better picking up a copy of Viz?

• Like 2

I'd like to comment but despite subscribing my copy is late. Disappointing though but no real surprise as it's often delayed 1 week in 4, so along with the 'end of the world panic buyers' I popped into nearby ASDA, they told me they had been sent no copies. Then, more 'armageddon' shoppers to Tesco, but they'd been sent no 'Stars either, which is arguably worse. Hrmmpph....

• Like 1

Just read your original post!!

A great publication, portrays the sport in an ultra professional light, any potential sponsors cannot fail to be impressed by the picture the Star paints of the sport.....

Well done to all...

(And I have just started stocking it in my own shop so don't need to go anywhere else to buy it)!!! ;)

• Like 1

I'd like to comment but despite subscribing my copy is late. Disappointing though but no real surprise as it's often delayed 1 week in 4, so along with the 'end of the world panic buyers' I popped into nearby ASDA, they told me they had been sent no copies. Then, more 'armageddon' shoppers to Tesco, but they'd been sent no 'Stars either, which is arguably worse. Hrmmpph....

WOULD you mind emailing the Asda and Tesco stores that you visited to star@pinegen.co.uk ... thank you