British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V King's Lynn 03/04/15

Hammers will be looking for revenge after last night. No Porsing or Kerr for Lynn, hopefully Steve Boxall has been tapped up already to fill in at reserve. R/R should be able to cover for Niklas. Weather forecast not good!

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Hammers will be looking for revenge after last night. No Porsing or Kerr for Lynn, hopefully Steve Boxall has been tapped up already to fill in at reserve. R/R should be able to cover for Niklas. Weather forecast not good!

Steve Boxall is guesting for Lakeside on Friday.

Bet we see a different Lakeside to the one we saw last night!

Would take a battling away point right now.

1pm start is better for travelling fans too, so bravo Lakeside.

Bees v Leicester isn't until 7.30pm so surely we could use one of their EDR's?

Buster loves Jason Garrity after his play off escapades standing in for Kerr and he did well at Lakeside last season I think so that might not be a bad shout?

R/R for Nicklas seems sensible if he's carrying a groin injury.

Who can take Porsing's rides ?

Would Ben Morley be available to replace Kerr or is he racing elsewhere. Garrity looks a good call though.

This meeting last season saw PUK hit a 21 pointer max.. Robert Lambert also went well there.

Edited by semion

Lakeside Vortex Hammers
1. Andreas Jonsson, 2. Kim Nilsson, 3. Mikkel Bech,4. Edward Kennett, 5. Richard Lawson, 6. Adam Ellis, 7. Steve Boxall.

King’s Lynn Stars

1. Neils Kristian Iversen, 2. Robert Lambert, 3. Rory Schlein ,4. Kevin Doolan, 5. Kenneth Bjerre, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Ashley Morris.

LAKESIDE HAMMERS PRESS RELEASE:::

::::::::

Wednesday 1st April 2015

THE HAMMERS ARE OUT FOR REVENGE

The Lakeside Vortex Hammers are out for revenge following their humbling at King’s Lynn on Tuesday night, when they take on The Stars at 1.00pm this Good Friday afternoon (3rd April) at the Arena Essex Raceway.

The Hammers Co-Promoter Jon Cook commented: “Good Friday is a real season highlight and we have a red hot team visiting, which means we need to be at our best to take the win and make amends for a generally inept performance on Tuesday night in Norfolk”.

The meeting sees local Rye House rider Steve Boxall come in at Fast Track reserve for the Hammers in place of Ashley Birks, who is riding for his Premier League club Sheffield. The King’s Lynn Stars meanwhile bring in Kevin Doolan for Nicklas Porsing, who aggravated a knee injury and withdrew during the meeting at The Adrian Flux Arena on Tuesday. The Stars Fast Track reserve Lewis Kerr, who crashed in his second ride in the same meeting, takes his place in the Stars lineup at The Raceway.

The Good Friday meeting starts at the Arena Essex Raceway with the first race at 1pm, and admission to the Raceway open from 11am. Tickets can be purchased either at the gate on the day or alternatively in advance through the Online Ticket Store, which can be accessed through the ‘Next Meeting’ button on the homepage on the Club’s website.

Teams:

Lakeside Vortex Hammers: Andreas Jonsson ©, Kim Nilsson, Mikkel Bech, Edward Kennett, Richard Lawson, Adam Ellis, Steve Boxall.

King’s Lynn Stars: Neils Kristian Iversen, Robert Lambert, Rory Schlein ©, Kevin Doolan, Kenneth Bjerre, Lewis Kerr, Ashley Morris.

Little point in speculating on tomorrow's weather at this stage but I'll be up and about early tomorrow (and it's dubbed GOOD Friday???) posting raceday weather updates here and on the BSF here, Twitter & Facebook for the EL match against King's Lynn Stars that starts at 1pm at the Purfleet raceway. Will be going to the track earlyish to man the office phone and field all the "Is it on?" queries of course and then, if the match goes ahead as planned, the next question will be can the Lakeside Vortex Hammers avenge Tuesday's away defeat? At the end of that match I'm hoping to get to Eastbourne for the Eagles evening National League opener against the Kent Kings so I'm on the lookout for a lift there from Lakeside and back to Dartford from some kind soul with a spare seat in their wagon!

Edited by Bryn

Blimey, this meeting isn't being spoken much about by Lakeside fans!!!

Sometimes I find the passionate negativity on the forum a bit overwhelming so I find myself taking a few days away! Haha. Honestly, sometimes criticism is warranted or there's some controversy but some discussions can be a bit heavy going when I just want to enjoy speedway.

Last week's convincing win over Leicester was a great way to start the season but I think the Stars will provide a bigger challenge. Having said that, I think we should be able to win by enough to stop them grabbing a point (assuming the meeting is on!).

Hopefully Bech and Kennett can make up for their performances at Kings Lynn earlier in the week with double figures. As a Lakeside and Kent fan, I'm looking forward to seeing Steve Boxall at reserve although I would of course prefer to see Birks continue his rapid improvement around Arena Essex.

Schlein is always a very popular visitor at Lakeside, although on this occasion I hope he doesn't score too many!

• Like 2

Can't understand why Lynn don't use R/R for Porsing.Schlein,Lambert and Kerr x 2 can take his rides,would they not score more than Doolan.

I agree, R/R would at least match Doolan's score I reckon, despite his brief spell as a Hammer a couple of years back.

Edited by Mjolnir

Can't understand why Lynn don't use R/R for Porsing.Schlein,Lambert and Kerr x 2 can take his rides,would they not score more than Doolan.

The risk with r/r is how fit is Lewis after his off on Tuesday. If he struggles that puts more pressure on Ashley = more risk

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 1

The rights and wrongs of R/R will always be argued. To me I think it's commendable that the Stars have gone with a replacement rider. At least that will do away with the waiting around using RR in consecutive races. All teams should be of 8 riders for times like these.......

Another of those good ideas were use to have in the past...............

RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Here at Erith ( M25 Jnctn 1A Just on the south side of the Dartford Tunnel from track Jnctn 31) it's 8am and, poking my head out of the front door it's a little damp akin to light rain/drizzle having fallen although it's NOT raining at all right now. Awaiting to hear news from track and will post further update when I do.

Kevin Doolan has started the season strongly, used to ride for the Hammers and has never let the Stars down in the past so it could be a great decision. With two of the R/R rides having to be taken by the reserves I think it's worth going for the seven riders option to be honest.