British Speedway Forum

Brummies V Stoke Good Friday 8 Pm Start

Phil Morris stoked to be back with Birmingham Brummies

10:47, 30 March 2015

By Ryan Guest

Phil Morris will be back in the Birmingham pits once again for the club's opening National League fixture on Friday.

Wizzer was stand-in team manager for last Wednesdays memorable victory over local rivals Cradley and will be back at Perry Barr when the Stoke Potters visit in the opening league outing of the season.

Before Graham (Drury) agreed to be team manager, hed already got a holiday booked up so I was asked if Id help out for two meetings and its a privilege to be back, said Morris.

Last Wednesday was a great night for everyone at the club and I was definitely kept busy on my first night back.

The league opener is a big, big meeting especially with how this years rules work.

Your home form is going to be more crucial than ever and a good start to get some early points on the board is really important.

Stoke have got riders who have all got National League experience so despite us having a few more meetings than them under our belts, I think it will be a tough meeting.

I tried to install that winning feeling into the boys last week and hopefully they can use that once again against Stoke.

Adam (Ellis) and Tom (Perry) did their jobs at one and five and you should be seeing them score double figures most weeks, I think.

Sam Chapman took a lot on board, especially about the Perry Barr track, and that was shown in Heat 12 and he is full of confidence after that race.

Zach (Watjtknecht) is on cloud nine after picking up his first heat win in just his second meeting.

What makes it even better is that it came against Ellis Perks and youre not going to come up against a better reserve than him all season.

Adam Kirby impressed me he had a rough old night but I feel he deserved more points than he did score .

Alex (Wilson) and Harvie Banks learnt a lot too so theres a really good buzz ahead of the first league fixture.

I believe the start time is 8 to enable them to work on the track after the Good Friday dog meeting has finished.

The dogs dont run on the Speedway track, I have seen Monmore Green Speedway track being worked on whilst greyhound racing was taking place, so i very much doubt thats the reason.

The dogs dont run on the Speedway track, I have seen Monmore Green Speedway track being worked on whilst greyhound racing was taking place, so i very much doubt thats the reason.

Different stadium management, different policies. Speedway personnel can't do their thing whilst the dogs are running round in circles at Perry Barr...again nothing that the tenants can do about the landlords rules.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Update site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Maybe this is something that can be discussed in the Speedway Tavern?

newtavern-copy.jpg

They may find a willing volunteer for you.

I believe the start time is 8 to enable them to work on the track after the Good Friday dog meeting has finished.

There is a local bye-law which forbids the use of the stadium for any activity which is betting related, so although Perry Barr normally stages Friday night Greyhound Racing, they can't run on Good Friday. This is the only reason that the stadium landlords allow speedway there on this particular Friday.

There is a local bye-law which forbids the use of the stadium for any activity which is betting related, so although Perry Barr normally stages Friday night Greyhound Racing, they can't run on Good Friday. This is the only reason that the stadium landlords allow speedway there on this particular Friday.

Hands up, I was wrong then!(its not unusual) :D Thanks for clearing it up Brian.

BIRMINGHAM are confident of a double victory tonight... against Stoke Potters and the weather!

The Surestop Brummies open their City Gearboxes National League campaign with a derby clash at Perry Barr, starting at 8pm with a bumper crowd expected.

Light drizzle is expected to clear the city early afternoon to enable the action to go ahead on schedule.

Come and join us - and make it a VERY GOOD Friday!