British Speedway Forum

How Many More Riders Are Getting To Get Injured Before It Even Starts

Theres a lot more who will get injured yet , epsecially NL riders ,, raw kids given team places on the strength of being seen at winter practise or because they have a relative who Rides/used to ride in races with far more experienced lads some who have been elite league reserves = disaster , they are not only a danger to themselves but to the more experienced lads as well .. good example Nathan Greaves experienced lads negotiaitied round him , raw novice ploughs straight into him and both get injured , shouldn't have been in the same race ,then it wouldn't have happened .

Quote from speedway updates vis Nathan Greaves crash at Mildenhall "Comments: Nasty looking spill, Greaves lifted out of bend 2, Cupitt couldn't avoid him. Greaves excluded"

That's how I saw it, Terry-Daly inside Greaves slowed, Owen on outside of Cupitt, so although he shut-off, had nowhere to go - impossible to lay bike down

Quote from speedway updates vis Nathan Greaves crash at Mildenhall "Comments: Nasty looking spill, Greaves lifted out of bend 2, Cupitt couldn't avoid him. Greaves excluded"

That's how I saw it, Terry-Daly inside Greaves slowed, Owen on outside of Cupitt, so although he shut-off, had nowhere to go - impossible to lay bike down

so greaves is out front and lifts coming out of bend 2 , terry-daley(experienced rider ) managed to avoid .. marc owen (experienced rider) managed to avoid , layne cuppit MX rider with limitied speedway experience followed his instinct and went for the brakes , no brakes no other reaction in the memory bank couldn't stop .bang

The art of laying a Bike down in a split second is something American riders are taught to at the beginning of their careers, and most are quiet brilliant at doing, this is something I believe British riders are no longer taught to do, and it needs to be brought back as soon as possible, its for everyones benefit.

• Like 1

so greaves is out front and lifts coming out of bend 2 , terry-daley(experienced rider ) managed to avoid .. marc owen (experienced rider) managed to avoid , layne cuppit MX rider with limitied speedway experience followed his instinct and went for the brakes , no brakes no other reaction in the memory bank couldn't stop .bang

?? Marc Owen didn't lay his bike down! Just enough room to pass Greaves on the outside (lucky). Hard to lay your bike down when on the straight and you're the filling in a sandwich.

Not sure what experience has got to do with this incident; Can't blame Bridger for running over Harris 2011 final!

?? Marc Owen didn't lay his bike down! Just enough room to pass Greaves on the outside (lucky). Hard to lay your bike down when on the straight and you're the filling in a sandwich.

Not sure what experience has got to do with this incident; Can't blame Bridger for running over Harris 2011 final

TBH i cant be bothered with you ,, my opinion is that these kids cont have enough track time or experience to be in races with lads who have . and that will lead to more injuries to both sets , seems obvious not just to me but to a few others but you don't think so . we will have to wait (not too long I'm sure ) and see .but whatever happens I have no more to debate with you about ..

And still the injuries keep piling up with at least 2 or 3 a week. This can't be right, the way things are going the H&S execative will be stepping in to see what is happening. If this was in a work place the firm would have now been fined if they had this total of accidents.

Do they not look and see what is happening with the speedway riders or do they just put it down to being a dangerous sport and people will get hurt.

At the rate things are going this season we will be very short of riders soon.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the Government to start complaining that the number of Speedway Riders being treated in NHS Hospitals is becoming too much of an expense on NHS Finances.....

............ and the way things are going, I am only half joking.

• Like 1

I'm just waiting for the Government to start complaining that the number of Speedway Riders being treated in NHS Hospitals is becoming too much of an expense on NHS Finances.....

White Knight, I don't think your very far from the truth there, I look at the SCB webpage and nearly every day you see one or two riders added to the list of riders that are going to be out of action for 6 weeks or so. It will not be long before some boffin starts looking at the NHS hospitals traetment lists to see just how many riders are being treated on a weekly basis. It is starting to get very silly now.

• Like 1

White Knight, I don't think your very far from the truth there, I look at the SCB webpage and nearly every day you see one or two riders added to the list of riders that are going to be out of action for 6 weeks or so. It will not be long before some boffin starts looking at the NHS hospitals traetment lists to see just how many riders are being treated on a weekly basis. It is starting to get very silly now.

If that's the case I hope they will also look into how many are treated for smoking and alcohol related illnesses.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

make them all go private :-)

It is now getting ridiculace and it is not just young inexpeianced riders that are coming to grief, it is riders with years of experiance under thier belts.

Lost count now of how many are out and not just for a week or so after a nasty spill, but some who's seasons are already over for this year. It has got to be time for someone to take a close look at things and see where things are going wrong and what is causing these acidents that are happening once, twice or three times a week.

• Like 1