British Speedway Forum

Polish Promotion/relegation Sunday 4th October

...Ward has ridden 6 matches -4 away(1 draw 3 losses) and 2 home (1 win 1 loss)...

My apologies. I didn't notice that sportowefakty have their racing weeks out of order. I started counting after the Torun fixture that he didn't feature in. So, making a revised summary then, I've got Tarnow home and away - both lost. Leszno away was a loss and Gorzow away was a loss, Wroclaw at home was the infamous victory and Rzeszow away was a draw. 3 league points from 6 meetings. Hardly what the fans or the money men would want to see as a return from their big money and private helicopter-ride investment.

Yes, he's scoring half the team's points, but what effect is he having on the rest of the team? We've seen what the fans think of him, what makes the riders immune to such sentiments? And look at the effect of the signing has had on the riders, The management support one rider who was found guilty of, erm, "unfortunate off-field behaviour", they then sign another rider who's come off a ban for "unfortunate off-field behavior" giving the clear indication that what happens outside of the stadium doesn't really matter...and guess what? ANOTHER rider gets caught dabbling in "unfortunate off-field behaviour". Wow. Zielona Gora must be Party Central in Poland right now. Wouldn't surprise me if those who take their speedway seriously, like AJ aren't rightly, erm, "dispirited" and no wonder it's showing up in their riding.

Yeah, tough that they have injuries, but Ward and R/R in place of Hampel and PP is roughly equal, especially if Ward gets 2 RR rides when ZG fall 6 behind. Can't help thinking that before Ward, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts, and now it's the other way round.

My apologies. I didn't notice that sportowefakty have their racing weeks out of order. I started counting after the Torun fixture that he didn't feature in. So, making a revised summary then, I've got Tarnow home and away - both lost. Leszno away was a loss and Gorzow away was a loss, Wroclaw at home was the infamous victory and Rzeszow away was a draw. 3 league points from 6 meetings. Hardly what the fans or the money men would want to see as a return from their big money and private helicopter-ride investment.

Yes, he's scoring half the team's points, but what effect is he having on the rest of the team? We've seen what the fans think of him, what makes the riders immune to such sentiments? And look at the effect of the signing has had on the riders, The management support one rider who was found guilty of, erm, "unfortunate off-field behaviour", they then sign another rider who's come off a ban for "unfortunate off-field behavior" giving the clear indication that what happens outside of the stadium doesn't really matter...and guess what? ANOTHER rider gets caught dabbling in "unfortunate off-field behaviour". Wow. Zielona Gora must be Party Central in Poland right now. Wouldn't surprise me if those who take their speedway seriously, like AJ aren't rightly, erm, "dispirited" and no wonder it's showing up in their riding.

Yeah, tough that they have injuries, but Ward and R/R in place of Hampel and PP is roughly equal, especially if Ward gets 2 RR rides when ZG fall 6 behind. Can't help thinking that before Ward, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts, and now it's the other way round.

Sometimes, alongside the "like" button, i wish there were a "dislike intensely" button. :lol: The lad has ridden his guts out for them. Your hatred of him says way more about you than it does about him. ;) Regards. Alan.

laguta isn't cut out for torun. a bit like Cristiano lucarelli he performs at his eloquent best in the minnows

I had to google him thinking he might be an Italian tenor :lol: Now i know he's a retired footballer and current coach. Thank you for expanding my knowledge. :t: All the best. Alan.

Each to their own. I used to work in football and was sickened by the attitude of too many 'fans' so when I see it happening in speedway, albeit a long distance away I keep my viewing to TV and keep well clear of the appalling atmosphere of hatred and violence. People excused football for years saying "it's just a minority" then Sky protected its investment by playing it down.

I leave it to others - my interests lie in speedway, not hating and threatening the opposition. Some like that though......sadly.

• Like 1

Table after tonight

1 Leszno p 13 pts 27

2 Tarnow p13 pts 19

3 Wroclaw p13 pts 17 +70

4 Torun p 13 pts 15 +23

5 Zielona Gora p13 pts 14 -21

6 Gorzow p 13 pts 12 +20

7 Rzeszow p13 pts 11

8 Grudziadz p 13 pts 10

Fixtures remaing for the play-off contenders

Sunday 23rd August Zielona Gora v Grudziadz(1st match Zg 43 gr 47) Rzeszow v Gorzow,(1st match Rz 35 go 55)

Leszno v Wroclaw( 1st match Le 32 wr 57 and Torun v Tarnow.(1st match tor 40 tar 50)

Between Torun and Zielona Gora for the last play-off place-Torun will need to beat Tarnow in the match of the round.

We now know the TV matches for Sunday

1st up at 4pm -uk time is the big one Torun v Tarnow followed at

6.30 pm uk time by Rzeszow v Gorzow

The bottom team is relegated and 2nd from bottom goes into a play-off with the beaten finalist in the Nice polska league play-offs to see who rides in the Extraleague in 2016

Rzeszow v Gorzow is a big match in that context. Gorzow need the bonus to ensure their safety.

The other thing is that there should be a decision made this week about the bonus point in the Zielona Gora v Torun match over the failed drugs test for Loktajev- Torun might now get the bonus which will make Sunday`s task easier.

As for the Nice Polska league this is the top

1 Rybnik p11 pts 23

2 Daugavpils p11 pts 23

the final match before the play-offs is Daugavpils v Rybnik which is surely the only match TVP can cover- however it`s in Latvia !! and at the moment they are showing Krakow v lodz as the TV match- Now confirmed it is the Krakow match TVP are showing-programme starts at 12.15pm uk time with the 1st race 12.45pm

Edited by racers and royals

The Decision has been reached on the Loktavev drugs test failure as regards the bonus point in the Torun v Zielona Gora match -Result amended from Torun 46 Zielona Gora 43 to 46-39. Torun gain the bonus ZG lose it.

table now

1 Leszno p 13 pts 27

2 Tarnow p13 pts 19

3 Wroclaw p13 pts 17 +70

4 Torun p 13 pts 16 +27

5 Zielona Gora p13 pts 13 -25

6 Gorzow p 13 pts 12 +20

7 Rzeszow p13 pts 11

8 Grudziadz p 13 pts 10

Plenty to race for on Sunday

Torun now only need a draw at home to Tarnow to reach the play-offs-however they are keen to avoid finishing 4th because they don`t want leszno in the semi. they will be going all out to score 51 to claim all 3 points-if they do they are likely to finish above Wroclaw who have a difficult away match at Leszno.

Grudziadz look doomed and gorzow need to score 36 at Rzeszow to ensure their safety.

Rzeszow look favourites to finish 2nd from bottom and I think they would meet the beaten team in the nice polska league play-off final to see who rides in the Extraleague next season.

1st up tomorrow -all uk times is the Nice polska league(div 1 ) match Krakow v lodz starts 12.15pm for 1st race 12.45pm-teams http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/35192 it`s a nothing match can`t believe that TVP haven`t gone to Latvia :mad:

We then move on to the Extraleague-3.30pm for 1st race 4pm Torun v Tarnow followed by

6pm for 1st race 6.30pm Rzeszow v Gorzow

Plenty to race for on Sunday

Torun now only need a draw at home to Tarnow to reach the play-offs-however they are keen to avoid finishing 4th because they don`t want leszno in the semi. they will be going all out to score 51 to claim all 3 points-if they do they are likely to finish above Wroclaw who have a difficult away match at Leszno.

Grudziadz look doomed and Gorzow need to score 36 at Rzeszow to ensure their safety.

Rzeszow look favourites to finish 2nd from bottom and I think they would meet the beaten team in the nice polska league play-off final to see who rides in the Extraleague next season.

1 Leszno p 13 pts 27
2 Tarnow p13 pts 19
3 Wroclaw p13 pts 17 +70
4 Torun p 13 pts 16 +27

5 Zielona Gora p13 pts 13 -25
6 Gorzow p 13 pts 12 +20

7 Rzeszow p13 pts 11
8 Grudziadz p 13 pts 10

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

http://www.meczyki.pl/

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Watching on my favourite "Krakow Media Player " link.

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

Looks a nice sunny day, . I guess Latvia was just too long a haul for all the equipment. ;)

Alan.