British Speedway Forum

Why Bomber...

I'm a big fan of Bomber & have defended him many times on here, but I read this and I shake my head in disbelief...

He said: “It’s going well. I tried some stuff on Sunday and it felt good. Hopefully we can build on that and take it forward. Then when the GPs come around, we can hit the ground running.

“I went to Poland last weekend and that was the first time I’d got on the bike. I felt good and I’m feeling good in myself.

“I’ve been training a little bit over the winter. I probably should have done a bit more, but I’ve had other things distracting me that needed organising. I’ll keep on top of it, though.”

If you want to be a champion you have to live like one.Even if he had a few things to sort out(and there seemed to be some woman he was having problems with for 1),you still have to take time a few times a week to train.Blimey even normal folk who work all week and have problems,still go for a jog or down the gym to take their minds off things etc............sounds like another Bomber excuse

He had had a few issues during the winter including someone impersonating him on twitter and causing issues in his private life, his crew allegedly spending his money and general poor work standards and on top of that his testimonial to organise. He has been training he has tweeted about it but not the level he obviously wanted to but as he says he will keep on top of it.

It seems he had a good night at King's Lynn so it's not hindered him too much.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

I like Bomber but I think his days as a GP rider are over. He just hasn't got what it takes at that level now. Last year he was terrible, if his fittness is also a problem then he would have been far better to have given the GP's abreak this year, get himself back in shape and have one last shot at it next year. I am afrais he is doing himself no favours going into the GP's half shot. It is a sport these days where fitness counts, it is more profetinal nowadays and a long shot from speedway in the 60's. With most riders doing it because they loved their sport, not as it is now where money talks. The top GP lads are putting thousands into their equipment and they train hard, Bomber just hasn't got the money that these guys are shelling out.

Sorry to say this could well be his last year in the GP's.

Having been "away" from speedway for over 30 years, I never saw CH when he was at his peak, but from the last two years I do like his style, but he missed the mark both years as a gp rider.

I know he cam third last Saturday, but if he was so determined to do well in the gpp's this year he should have been winning that event, after the winner is not in this years gp series, and 2nd was at his first meeting since a terrible accident in one of last years gp's and he has not ridden comparatively since. Well done NKI

Love the title of this topic...why ? what a waste of space.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to recharge batteries,

No amount of recharging is going help his results this year...will only average 3 to 6 a GP...

He had had a few issues during the winter including someone impersonating him on twitter.

What another loser...

I like Bomber but I think his days as a GP rider are over.

Sorry to say this could well be his last year in the GP's.

Over a long time ago and we can only hope so...we want the best and I am sorry, bomber doesn't cut it.

The only fault that we have now so few up and coming young riders is down to the promoters who seem scared to death of giving the young Brits a full team place. Why keep them in the reserve placings when a few of them proved what they had last season and still they are given no credit. Why bring in overseas riders to make up the EL places when some of those places could have been given to those young lads that rode their a==es off last year.

Sorry but British speedway deserves to be in the state it is in when our lads don't get the team places the deserve.

• Like 1

It is a travesty when a club puts out a side with 0 or only 1 British rider in the 1-5 positions, as does happen.

British fans pay good money to see competitor countries have their riders gain experience, to our riders detriment.

Riders from other nations ride here every week, then come the summer ride for their own countries in the SWC...and we come last because we don't have the riders.

Yes, fans want to see class riders but surely the bulk of any team here should be made up of Brits.

I know...it's impractical, makes no financial sense, the fans don't want it etc. etc.

• Like 1