British Speedway Forum

Best Pairs Cup

Would have been good if GB had a team there, full stop.

Cant understand why not, the international future of GB is not good if they dont play on the world scene (or European scene)

BUT I like those Latvian riders, they are racers and fighters, and each can rise to the occasion on their good day - be nice if they all hit a good day on Saturday.

• Like 1

On Eurosport in the UK this Saturday 6pm - 9pm...... cant wait especially if the 3 Russians are there. The whole line up looks very good.

Visit to the pub arranged to watch it at 5pm as there is an hour of speedway related progs before the meeting.

The redesigned speedwayeuro.com web site is much improved. This is the place to go for info on Best Pairs and SEC.

Originally the BSPA decision not to support was to 'protect' the EL Saturday tracks - especially as the Pairs dates were never announced until after the respective League fixtures.

As it now primarily only affects Leicester - who will have Doyle representing the Aussies anyway - I can't now see what their issue is other than we haven't got a decent pair to compete with the other countries. :wink:

I'd take us to beat the USA and Latvia !

• Like 1

We should be there with Woffinden and Harris and the USA should have Wells rather than Manzares.

That would make 7 excellent pairs and one great meeting.

Not forgetting Eurosport2 at 1800 hours LIVE, with numerous repeat showings over the next week.

I actually enjoyed the Pairs last year much much more than the Euro Championships.

It is good to see Eurosport are covering this, with plenty of repeats so more people can see speedway on TV

• Like 1

We should be there with Woffinden and Harris and the USA should have Wells rather than Manzares.

That would make 7 excellent pairs and one great meeting.

Woffinden and Harris would get some big money for their appearances too, let alone big prize money for success...however the SCB / BSPA wouldn't benefit at all. So they haven't bothered with this (or any other OneSport promoted event) The politics of envy. Plain and simple.

Surely as it's an open meeting, the organisers can invite any pairings they like, 2 season ago Matej Zagar rode for the Czech Republic didn't he? So why not just have a "Lions" pair of Woffy and Harris?

I thought it was an FIM meeting which means that it's organised at governing body level...which is the main stumbling block in this country.

I thought it was an FIM meeting which means that it's organised at governing body level...which is the main stumbling block in this country.

No.BSI are mooted to be trying to get an official pairs meeting which will be under the FIM off the ground,but this isn't.

No.BSI are mooted to be trying to get an official pairs meeting which will be under the FIM off the ground,but this isn't.

Ahh, OK

Presumably then when a British promotions company organises this, the BSPA / SCB will fully endorse it, as it's not going to favour those pesky Poles?

Eurosport do a great job i am really looking forward to Saturday Emil/ Gregorij should take the beating.Laguta has really pushed on the last couple of years was injured for a longtime last year but when he is at his best he can run Emil close and beat him.I hope to see Laguta ride a couple of times in Sweden this year,i love there racing thanks to Eurosport we see a bit throughout the year.

I'd suspect (and it is a guess) that GoSpeed probably don't like the idea of it either. I recall that one of the stumbling blocks of the champions league meetings was that GoSpeed were the rights holders of SGB which Poole would be representative of.

I agree with the above that if it was a BSPA promotion (along with GoSpeed), they would be going all out to tell us what a teriffic idea it was and that we should all attend.

My personal view is that the SEC promoted events are an ideal opportunity for emerging British talent to gain valuable experience on foreign tracks.