British Speedway Forum

Best Pairs Cup

I see the USA are represented by Hancock and Manzares.

It shows how far down the pole the Americans have slipped over the past 10 years or more.

Yes, I know Hancock is World Champion but at 44 he is hardly the future of American speedway. Manzares is a youngster with very little International experience.

Given that the USA are unlikely to win the cup, would it not have been better to have picked Wells and Fisher?.

That's not to say Manzares will not prove to be America's next best thing, but perhaps it is too soon to be calling him America's No. 2.

Put your best team out or let the youngsters gain some experience....... that old debate.

Yes, but surely this is neither...is it?.

I see the USA are represented by Hancock and Manzares.

It shows how far down the pole the Americans have slipped over the past 10 years or more.

Yes, I know Hancock is World Champion but at 44 he is hardly the future of American speedway. Manzares is a youngster with very little International experience.

Given that the USA are unlikely to win the cup, would it not have been better to have picked Wells and Fisher?.

That's not to say Manzares will not prove to be America's next best thing, but perhaps it is too soon to be calling him America's No. 2.

at least they have entered the competition.

the experience can only help Manzares development

Who are the teams and pairs?

Check out the speedway euro (speedwayeuro.com) or worldspeedway.com web sites. They have all the info.

Many thanks r and r.

The ones I know of are:

Denmark: Iversen & N Pedersen

USA: Hancock & Gino

Sweden: AJ & THJ

Russia are favourites...Emil and Grigory

• Like 1

Anyone know if it will be on Livestream like the GP's or something similar? Unlikely UK residents will know but thought it was worth asking..

The meeting should be shown internationally on Eurosport. Depending what country you are in.

The meeting should be shown internationally on Eurosport. Depending what country you are in.

And in wanting to see the GB pairing there will be a lot of interest, oh hang on a minute !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by A ORLOV