British Speedway Forum

Us Riders (former Dream Team)

The UK leg of the US tourists visit to Europe has been cancelled due to the ongoing Visa problems.

What other European countries does the US Dream Tour involve? As they must be EU member States how do they circumnavigate possible Visa issues?

What other European countries does the US Dream Tour involve? As they must be EU member States how do they circumnavigate possible Visa issues?

Now that seems like a jolly good question to me.

Yes and no. Not EU but Schengen area. I'll be honest, I don't know how it works and have never looked into it because it's never effected me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

Britain has opted out of Schengen. So they would need a differnt visa for the UK than the rest of Europe.

For example, someone from outside the EU could settle in, say, Germany and would have free visaless travel throughout the EU bar UK and Ireland.

Someone from outside the EU who is settled in the UK needs a visa to travel anywhere in the EU.

It's entirely up to ever country what non-EU members they allow in and how they chose to do it.

A visa for obtained for one schengen country would cover you for the entire area.

Britain has opted out of Schengen. So they would need a differnt visa for the UK than the rest of Europe.

For example, someone from outside the EU could settle in, say, Germany and would have free visaless travel throughout the EU bar UK and Ireland.

Someone from outside the EU who is settled in the UK needs a visa to travel anywhere in the EU.

A visa for obtained for one schengen country would cover you for the entire area.

I wonder how they control who comes and - just as importantly - who goes.

I wonder how they control who comes and - just as importantly - who goes.

Just a standard check at the border I guess. If you have a visa for, say, Germany, it is also valid to go into France, Poland or any other Scehgen country.

It won't, however, allow you into the UK.

UK, Ireland, Bulgaria and Romania are not covered by a Schengen visa.

Why not the latter two? I know original member states were allowed to opt out, hence the UK situation, but thought all new members had to be included.

Dunno. I Googled it.