British Speedway Forum

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

All existing tier 2 visas have been cancelled with effect from 1800 tonight, all sponsorship licences previously issued to promotions have also been cancelled. A rider on a 3 year Tier 2 Visa shou,ld only have ridden for one team throughout the entire 3 years. Promoters who have sold promotions and have failed to cancel their Sponsorship licence are facing large V and I fines for non compliance.

Tracks have been failing to keep up to date required records on each and every visa licenced rider.

All this traces back to the office staff not returning paperwork by a required date, think its time for an office staff cull.

So Ipswich having been issused 3 visas for Tungate, Heeps and Manzares for the start of 2014 will be ok then as all have only ridden for the Witches in that time?

Where as a rider who on his 2nd year rode on loan to another club would have their visa cancelled? But if its on loan would this not be ok?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Anyone with the skills to post a link to a video of a huge piece of sh!t hitting a large fan nows your chance to shine!

• Like 2

This situation could only happen in BRITISH Speedway! To wait until this late in the preparation of the 2015 season is quite unbelievable. Lets remember these guys who are affected are not just speedway riders, they are also human beings who have invested probably thousands of pounds into equipment for the 2015 season.

I don't particularly blame British speedway (however I may be wrong), but I do blame the system and the people who seem to be able to make decisions, that have a detrimental affect on the future of our sport and the lives of those affected (not that it seems to effects football).

With little over two months to the start of the 2015 season and team building more or less complete, how can this be allowed to happen now????

• Like 3

This situation could only happen in BRITISH Speedway! To wait until this late in the preparation of the 2015 season is quite unbelievable. Lets remember these guys who are affected are not just speedway riders, they are also human beings who have invested probably thousands of pounds into equipment for the 2015 season.

I don't particularly blame British speedway (however I may be wrong), but I do blame the system and the people who seem to be able to make decisions, that have a detrimental affect on the future of our sport and the lives of those affected (not that it seems to effects football).

With little over two months to the start of the 2015 season and team building more or less complete, how can this be allowed to happen now????

Aren't most of the foreign footballers from EU countries?

I wonder what will happen when we leave the European Union???

Possibly the EU will ban citizens from its member states working in the UK? :rolleyes: But isn't the suggested legislation being implemented by the UK and nothing to do with the EU?

Edited by Guest

Aren't most of the foreign footballers from EU countries?

I admit they probably are and my status was probably a flippant one, but there are also other sports like Rugby League that do seem to have a high southern hemisphere contingent that people, that are participating in sport in our country.....