British Speedway Forum

Social Media For Speedway Teams

Lucky you lol!

You also have the ability to automate the posting of content from your main site to Facebook and Twitter, and to see any activity from Facebook and Twitter on your main site. All free of charge, free of any extra effort, just with someone at the helm who's au-fait with the possibilities that exist out there. Naturally having supporters spreading the word does help as well.

You can also produce, at no cost, RSS feeds that you can promote and distribute to anyone who has a News Reader.

Oh for the opportunity of using other social media tools like "AudioBoom" "YouNow" "Qik" and "UStream" to be used as well...but of course you'd get GoSpeed threatening you with hell and high water if you went anywhere near breaching their copyright monopoly on all things multimedia.

I'll say it once more :-) it would be a breach of contract between BSPA & SKY - so you'd more likely get a request from Go Speed to prevent BSPA being sued or going for breach of contract by Sky.

I'll say it once more :-) it would be a breach of contract between BSPA & SKY - so you'd more likely get a request from Go Speed to prevent BSPA being sued or going for breach of contract by Sky.

So are Sky sueing the pants off Football andRugby clubs using content in the ways suggested on here?

Or do those clubs have different contract terms?

If so the fault lays with whoever negociated such a restrictive contract and for absolutely no return it seems with the current deal.

So are Sky sueing the pants off Football andRugby clubs using content in the ways suggested on here?

Or do those clubs have different contract terms?

If so the fault lays with whoever negociated such a restrictive contract and for absolutely no return it seems with the current deal.

Each contract is different. Speedway is incredibly lucky to have a television deal in the first place - many assumed the Sport wouldn't this time last year. Football would have a lot more bargaining power with their rights!!

And for absolutely no return? A seven figure sum per year when most thought a deal wouldn't be done is hardly to be sniffed at in my opinion.

You think the Sport would be better off without that income so long as it could post videos online?

Edited by Reliant Robin

A six figure sum per year when most thought a deal wouldn't be done is hardly to be sniffed at in my opinion.

You think the Sport would be better off without that income so long as it could post videos online?

At Terry Russell's 40% commission rate, that's a cool £40,000+ straight into his back pocket. He's alright Jack, isn't he? I'm sure he doesn't mind all the restrictions under the sun being in that contract as long as his £40,000 is safe.

If your banker charged you 40% to run your current account, what would you be calling him?

Just noticed on Go-Speed's website, that if you wanted to enquire about sponsorship opportunites you have to ring a premium rate (0845) number!

WHAT??? Absolutely outrageous. Orville and co are having their comedy influence already lol

• Like 1

At Terry Russell's 40% commission rate, that's a cool £40,000+ straight into his back pocket. He's alright Jack, isn't he? I'm sure he doesn't mind all the restrictions under the sun being in that contract as long as his £40,000 is safe.

If your banker charged you 40% to run your current account, what would you be calling him?

WHAT??? Absolutely outrageous. Orville and co are having their comedy influence already lol

My apologies, I meant 7 figure sum :-)

And I doubt there's anyone anywhere charging a 40% rate....may want to check up on that fantasy figure. I admit they have their faults, as do most in the sport. But the constant bashing and fabrications do get a little ridiculous.

Edited by Reliant Robin

Or without Terry Russell speedway would have 100% of nothing. but could put a few videos on youtube.

I agree it's not ideal but it's better than nothing.

That said, if I was a promoter I'd be pretty peed off.

Just noticed on Go-Speed's website, that if you wanted to enquire about sponsorship opportunites you have to ring a premium rate (0845) number!

If I recall correctly, 0845 numbers are charged at National call rates but with a small 'kicker' paid to the company who the number belongs to. Not quite premium rate but undoubtedly more expensive than local calls for any potential local sponsor.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this!

Beggars belief - Im almost speechless!

Of course we are fighting sponsors off with a stick in speedway so they will be happy to pay money to offer to give us more...... :unsure:

Of course we are fighting sponsors off with a stick in speedway so they will be happy to pay money to offer to give us more...... :unsure:

I bet that phone number is as busy as the" Carlsberg complaints line " :D

• Like 1

Only in your dream world. Never ever.

Each contract is different. Speedway is incredibly lucky to have a television deal in the first place - many assumed the Sport wouldn't this time last year. Football would have a lot more bargaining power with their rights!!

And for absolutely no return? A seven figure sum per year when most thought a deal wouldn't be done is hardly to be sniffed at in my opinion.

no I dont think speedway would be better off without a tv deal but dont see any gain of the restrictions.

The 7 figure sum??? Didnt think there was any cash in this latest deal. Costs of production covered yes but no cash.

Football for sure has more power but surely Sky would be far more concerned with protecting its rights when paying out hundreds of millions as opposed to the relative peanuts it lays out on Speedway.

Infact you could easily argue the restrictions are not good for Sky. Surely with the proliferation of Sky logos etc around in Speedway lots of videos/pictures on various sources is better for them??

Snorlax has been around here for quite some time and known for most of that time as Synikalle (10 username changes show on the profile). As Synikalle I believe he offered his services as a marketing expert...

EDIT: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75240&page=76 is an example...

Indeed.

He also waxed lyrical about how awful the marketing was. How terrible Go Speed were and generally slagged of most things speedway.

Now his tune has changed so he must be part of the cliq now.

Hadn't bothered to check that the new poster is actually an old poster who keeps changing name.

So this nonsense thread, which never sounded believable in the first place, is just the imagination of little Tommy who has posted this kind of nonsense before when pretending to be a businessman with a marketing business employing dozens of people.

Turned out he was a kid working in a sweet shop in Poole. - Kind of the KKS of the gobstopper industry.

All of which makes it highly likely Go Speed/BSPA would employ him :)

In saying all this.. let's give him a chance, he can't do any worse can he?

Indeed.

He also waxed lyrical about how awful the marketing was. How terrible Go Speed were and generally slagged of most things speedway.

Now his tune has changed so he must be part of the cliq now.

All of which makes it highly likely Go Speed/BSPA would employ him :)

In saying all this.. let's give him a chance, he can't do any worse can he?

My memory of his past claims was that with his ideas he would work for free to prove his claims. As you say, seems to have completely changed his tune, so be interested to see what happens.

My memory of his past claims was that with his ideas he would work for free to prove his claims. As you say, seems to have completely changed his tune, so be interested to see what happens.

If he is in position to influence it, it may be for the better.

He is young, more likely to be in tune with such things.

Let's see what is forthcoming.

• Like 2

no I dont think speedway would be better off without a tv deal but dont see any gain of the restrictions.

The 7 figure sum??? Didnt think there was any cash in this latest deal. Costs of production covered yes but no cash.

Football for sure has more power but surely Sky would be far more concerned with protecting its rights when paying out hundreds of millions as opposed to the relative peanuts it lays out on Speedway.

Infact you could easily argue the restrictions are not good for Sky. Surely with the proliferation of Sky logos etc around in Speedway lots of videos/pictures on various sources is better for them??

Costs of production only? That's another fabrication that seems to have come from this forum only. Seven figure sum per year into the Sport

Seven figure sum per year into the Sport

Where exactly?

Shame that SloSpeed can't attract a "title sponsor" for British Speedway or for the EL at the very least. It's not like he's not paid enough. Someone like Red Bull maybe? Individual riders can arrange their personal sponsorships with Red Bull, so why can't the governing body? Red Bull would be a fantastic promotions partner too. Much better than Keith Harris and Orville. - http://www.redbull.com/en/stories/1331691747079/inframes-specially-filmed-clips-of-red-bull-events

Exactly right. At the very least it should be a freefone number. In fact SloSpeed shouldn't even be waiting for the sponsors to contact them, they should be out there rolling their (his - Terry Russell) sleeves up and knocking on doors and phoning the CEO's up to get the sponsors in. Russell earns enough out of his caper, let him start earning his money.

How I'd love Terrey Russell to be a contestant on "The Apprentice", I'd SO love to see Sir Alan Lord Sugar ripp his ass to pieces.

Costs of production only? That's another fabrication that seems to have come from this forum only. Seven figure sum per year into the Sport

if thats the case it is very much welcome.

Even more reason Sky would want to benefit from exposure via multi sources though surely.

The resrictions have no benefit to any party as far as I can see including GoSpeed who again would find it easier to attract sponsors with the profile on various platforms.

if thats the case it is very much welcome.

Even more reason Sky would want to benefit from exposure via multi sources though surely.

The resrictions have no benefit to any party as far as I can see including GoSpeed who again would find it easier to attract sponsors with the profile on various platforms.

The restrictions are part of that seven figure deal, always have been. Youtube, Facebook etc, they can all be seen as competitors to Sky - Youtube even paid a significant sum for Cricket rights previously so could be seen as in direct competition.

Their stance would be, why are we paying this money for exclusive rights when others can seemingly get it for Free.

The restrictions are part of that seven figure deal, always have been. Youtube, Facebook etc, they can all be seen as competitors to Sky - Youtube even paid a significant sum for Cricket rights previously so could be seen as in direct competition.

Their stance would be, why are we paying this money for exclusive rights when others can seemingly get it for Free.

can understand and accept most of that.

However I cant see the logic of supressing old coverage that they never show again.

If for example all 2014 meetings were now on Youtube there is a chance that new viewers might think I like this and choose to subscribe whereas I cant imagine 1 person who has previously subscribed cancelling for 2015 because they know it will be be on Youtube next year.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

How can this be?? Have I been robbed?? Should I cancel my Subscription??

Just an hour or so since watching AB de Villiers superb world record ODI innings live I have just seen highlights on BBC news - for FREE!!

The match is still in progress - outrageous!

But seriously doesnt this prove my point about the Speedway restrictions.

How can this be?? Have I been robbed?? Should I cancel my Subscription??

Just an hour or so since watching AB de Villiers superb world record ODI innings live I have just seen highlights on BBC news - for FREE!!

The match is still in progress - outrageous!

But seriously doesnt this prove my point about the Speedway restrictions.

Yes it does but who cares the little boys clubs arec all happy so who give a ~~@%%% about whats good or bad for the fans?! :shock: