British Speedway Forum

What Is The Average Age And Gender Of The British Speedway Fan?

mc1874

So the average speedway fan will just have finished their crispy chilli beef bought from Asda whilst watching Pointless on their TV obtained from Argos and will be preparing to feed the fish.

After that they can log in to the forum and put forward a stubborn but polite opinion about Speedway other motorsport and general international affairs.

Not sure if I think its a load of old guff or scarily accurate!!

Scarily accurate in my case. Just read Dog for Fish and that is - - - - me!!! :o

To get some (hopefully accurate) facts can someone come up with a poll on here with anonymous multiple questions categories such as under 25, under 60, over 60 and female, male etc etc ?

Another related question I have always wanted an answer to is why are we never given meeting attendance figures, or shouldn't I ask :nono: ?

TAX purposes I would guess. :shock: :shock: :shock::nono: :nono:

Edited by The White Knight

60+...yes

Stubborn no but inflexible maybe

Miserable no but often frustrated

Ford driver...no

Dull...hopefully not but possibly predictable

The Bill and Pointless no...Messiah and The Chase yes

Am I a typical British speedway fan?.

60+...yes

Stubborn no but inflexible maybe

Miserable no but often frustrated

Ford driver...no

Dull...hopefully not but possibly predictable

The Bill and Pointless no...Messiah and The Chase yes

Am I a typical British speedway fan?.

Yes.and possibly even a member of the BSPA, never answering the real question :wink:

To be honest I have no idea of the average age of the British speedway fan. From the few EL meetings I watched on Sky, there seemed to be 6 men and a dog in attendance. Looking around me in Cardiff last July most seemed younger than me, though i did not notice many youngsters. This could be because I was up the cheap seats reserved for us old farts,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been going to edinburgh for 30 years now since I was 6months lol. Over these years I've seen many of the same faces for the that time. Very loyal and passionate fans. I was just wondering what is the general age and gender profile of speedway fans? What is difference from club to club? Are we doing enough to attract younger fans or fans who have not been brought up with the sport. Just a general wondering

After this thought provoking post by mc 1874 and the many amusing replies I tried to contact admin to see if a poll could be set up to get some solid percentage figures but I haven't been able to get a response.

I decided to do a survey of members profiles on a forum (not this one) where 714 members stated their age. The results only show the age percentages of speedway supporters who signed up to the particular team forum and not necessarily attending meetings, but its a rough guide until better figures appear.

Up to age 20 5.2%

Age 21 to 40 33.7%

Age 41 to 60 44.7%

Age 61 plus 16.4%

After this thought provoking post by mc 1874 and the many amusing replies I tried to contact admin to see if a poll could be set up to get some solid percentage figures but I haven't been able to get a response.

I decided to do a survey of members profiles on a forum (not this one) where 714 members stated their age. The results only show the age percentages of speedway supporters who signed up to the particular team forum and not necessarily attending meetings, but its a rough guide until better figures appear.

Up to age 20 5.2%

Age 21 to 40 33.7%

Age 41 to 60 44.7%

Age 61 plus 16.4%

I think that there is a way to set up a Poll on here - but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Perhaps one of the Mods or someone with more knowledge than I could oblige. I think it could be interesting.

• Like 1

I think that there is a way to set up a Poll on here - but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Perhaps one of the Mods or someone with more knowledge than I could oblige. I think it could be interesting.

I contacting a member of admin and had a reply asking for more details on 15th December to which I replied but since then nothing.

Thanks for that TWK I also think it could be interesting especially to see the figures for male / female split. When discussing speedway to the uninitiated they all seems to think its a male spectator sport but you just have to look round at any meeting and I roughly estimate that it could be a 60/40 male/female split.

Can anyone help with info on setting up a poll?

Thanks for that TWK I also think it could be interesting especially to see the figures for male / female split. When discussing speedway to the uninitiated they all seems to think its a male spectator sport but you just have to look round at any meeting and I roughly estimate that it could be a 60/40 male/female split.

Can anyone help with info on setting up a poll?

cant help with the poll but couldnt resist a suggestion re the gender split.

Going by a certain thread in the general discussions it could well be more like 59/40/1.

• Like 2

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

The White Knight, on 23 Jan 2015 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

I contacting a member of admin and had a reply asking for more details on 15th December to which I replied but since then nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now 28th January and still no reply from admin. Anyone know how to get a response?

Edited by Skid Sprocket

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

The White Knight, on 23 Jan 2015 - 9:24 PM, said:snapback.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now 28th January and still no reply from admin. Anyone know how to get a response?

Sorry - I don't know.

I think that Tom Jones got it about right:

"It's not unusual"...................

Edited by The White Knight

Since the 15th December I have been waiting for a reply from Phil in admin with no response even though he was on line yesterday. I have just tried to p.m. him but get the message that he is not accepting new messages, he seems to be the only one in admin to go on line regularly with some not active for over a year!

Are there any admin members who are active and can contact me?

Since the 15th December I have been waiting for a reply from Phil in admin with no response even though he was on line yesterday. I have just tried to p.m. him but get the message that he is not accepting new messages, he seems to be the only one in admin to go on line regularly with some not active for over a year!

Over the years I have tried to contact various BSF Mods and never had a response... :sad:

Have you tried this Link to the Mods? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

Edited by Guest

Have you tried this section of the BSF? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=68784&page=3&do=findComment&comment=2571378