British Speedway Forum

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

At the moment we actually seem to know very little.

Is it yet proved that the Riders were responsible for the Meeting being called off?

On the SGB Website it says the following and I quote:

"Abandoned after Heat 12 (safety concerns) – Result stands".

Nothing there about Riders refusing to ride.

• Like 1

If Bomber and the other few had wanted to race they would have raced.

As far as I can see, the only two rider who are innocent are Andreas Jonsson and Troy Bachelor - both of whom had withdrawn through injury. (Otherwise they'd have probably been guilty too!)

I very much doubt every rider participating was keen on having it called off. Some have a bigger influence than others. Edited by woz01

Can u imagine the uproar if the FIM hadn't deemed the track OK on Saturday morning. Would that have been worse than what actually happened?

The Track either was fit for action or it was not. Any supposed uproar should not come in to the Decision where Rider's lives are at stake.

Edited by The White Knight

So why have those that were and benefitted from the cancellation not said anything? The almost total silence from all the riders is the most puzzling aspect of this whole affair.

If as you have inferred the 2 above with 4 or 5 others persuaded the majority to get the meeting called off, I find it very strange that not one small hint of this has not come out yet. Riders themselves don't have to say anything, there were enough mechanics/sponsors/hangers on about and surely some of them must have found out from one of those less keen on the call off.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I haven't a clue. I just find the silence very puzzling in view of the age of social media when we are used to finding out all the finer details of a riders breakfast/exercise regime etc.

Exactly..

That wouldn't be the case from BSI saying don't say anything.

This is the RIDERS quite clearly who have taken this vow of silence..

If the track was dangerous then why is that needed?

As said, more to this than meets the eye.

Alot like me will have already booked hotels and bought tickets and the organisers will make sure nothing like this happens again. Cardiff is a very special event with the all the street stuff that happens, the whole event is excellent and in my opinion cannot be matched in speedway, so i don't think it will put many off from going to Cardiff but it may put some off travelling to other venues around the world.

The organisers have no power, that has now been shown.

Exactly..

That wouldn't be the case from BSI saying don't say anything.

This is the RIDERS quite clearly who have taken this vow of silence..

If the track was dangerous then why is that needed?

As said, more to this than meets the eye.

The organisers have no power, that has now been shown.

Only if you are right that the Riders were to blame for the Meeting being stopped. I have read that to be the case on this Forum only. Nowhere else.

Only if you are right that the Riders were to blame for the Meeting being stopped. I have read that to be the case on this Forum only. Nowhere else.

Please tell me you are not being serious???

Are you suggesting that BSI or the FIM suddenly decided, I know, let's postpone this meeting, that will go down well!

You do realise the riders all vacated the pits and locked themselves in a room?

It's absolutely categorically 100% fact that the riders were responsible for the meeting to be postponed.. that point is never in doubt.

What CAN be debated is whether they were RIGHT to force the meeting to be postponed.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Please tell me you are not being serious???

Are you suggesting that BSI or the FIM suddenly decided, I know, let's postpone this meeting, that will go down well!

You do realise the riders all vacated the pits and locked themselves in a room?

It absolutely categorically 100% fact that the riders were responsible for the meeting to be postponed.. that point is never in doubt.

What CAN be debated is whether they were RIGHT to force the meeting to be postponed.

Very well - we shall see.

no yours is the stupid comment. They ride to get paid you idiot not to entertain us. Jeez your comments are strange

Every post you attack me not a problem to me, calm down going by some i know on this forum they all say you are a CLOWN i have to agree have a great night.!!
  • Like 1

We went into the interval, we as fans depending on where we were went to get another beer, a cup of tea, have a wee, maybe flicked over the BGT for 10 minutes. While we were doing that did a single fans, either in the stadium or at home at any point think, "this track is dangerous, this meeting is in doubt"?

I'll go with no.

What the viewers/spectators consider as dangerous is of no consequence - only the riders involved can give an opinion as to whether it is unsafe

• Like 2

It wasn't the fans either there or at home that risked breaking their neck, so with those guy's being the ones who went around the track, they and they alone knew how the track conditions where. I for one don't rate these temporary track. They start to look like a ploughed field after only a few races and no amount of track work can alter it. They just have not been bedded in long enough.

You only have to look at the track last night at Monmore Green to see what a track looks like that has been laid and raced on for years. There is no comparicance been them.

For something that is aqiviilent to a F1 GP I don't think you would see them holding a GP on an old Airfield. It is well time that they started to use proper track, rather than just using places , where they dump a few hundred ton's of shale a couple of days before, just to make as much money as they can. It was a brilliant stadium, shame they went and spoit it with a track, that was no better than having a meeting at the bottom of some ones garden

• Like 3

Oh, for gods sake.

This is just ridiculous.

I could Post the same as regards your Posting. I won't however.

I will just ask - were you in Warsaw for the GP or not?

If the answer to that question is NO - then you know as much as me as I wasn't there either. I will wait until the Official Report comes out - it is very difficult to judge the state of the Track from your armchair.

If the answer to that question is NO - then you know as much as me as I wasn't there either. I will wait until the Official Report comes out - it is very difficult to judge the state of the Track from your armchair.

:rofl::t:

It's staggering.

Throughout the entire history of the sport, when faced with a 'dangerous track' riders show little inclination to race. They two wheel into corners, they make their feelings known when interviewed.. they're getting out of shape consistently..

Yet funnily enough, this track had the bizarre ability to be 'dangerous' yet not cause any of these things to happen! Indeed, quite the opposite, riders were really going for it, diving underneath each other with no fear.

Then all of a sudden, despite not a peep prior from any rider about the track they decide its too dangerous to continue! Just like that.. What changed between their 3rd rides and what would have been their 4th?? Absolutely nothing... except they'd reached the point where they get paid.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

WK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKowTuMSSk

Go to 1hr and 15 mins and watch Heat 11.

Forget what you know happened afterwards.

There is absolutely no way in the world you could remotely begin to think that is a track 'too dangerous' to race on. It's a cracking race between Jonasson and Gollob.. not one filled with mistakes, not bucking and rearing, just simply a good speedway race which requires a decent track to happen!!

One should also note Iversen, wheel perfect and VERY fast in winning the race... what's his reaction at the end? Is he shaking his head as riders do when they think it's dangerous? Oh no, he's punching the air in celebration.

Indeed, carry on watching and you get a shot of Iversen back in the pits.. "Thumbs up" to the camera, not a care in the world. Again NOT the actions of someone who thinks the track is dangerous.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

What the viewers/spectators consider as dangerous is of no consequence - only the riders involved can give an opinion as to whether it is unsafe

Oh really? Not all spectators understand track conditions I grant you, but hypothetically what about a former rider, someone who graced the world stage for many years who was there in a spectator or commentary capacity. Would his opinion be equally of no consequence? Are you saying only the 18 riders elected to ride are allowed to give opinion on the tracks state?

Oh really? Not all spectators understand track conditions I grant you, but hypothetically what about a former rider, someone who graced the world stage for many years who was there in a spectator or commentary capacity. Would his opinion be equally of no consequence? Are you saying only the 18 riders elected to ride are allowed to give opinion on the tracks state?

Fredrik Lindgren tweeted he didn't see anything wrong with it.

As mentioned prior neither Tatum or Nicholls had the slightest thought that the meeting was going to be abandoned... again this is unprecedented.. when a track is too dangerous to ride, the commentators are fully aware of it and saying the meeting is in doubt for some time prior.

• Like 1

"And the organisers will make sure that nothing like this happens again" How can they? They haven't mastered these pop-up tracks yet. It looked a while ago that they may have done but then there were serious problems at Vojens and Cardiff a couple of years ago and they just got away with it.

This latest debacle adds to a sorry list. Unfortunately for me I have experienced them all first hand and enough is enough. I said this last year after being stranded in Riga, but was gullible enough to believe that they wouldn't dare cock this up in front of 50,000 fans and so gave them another chance. However that's it now, I will not be going to any more SGP's, including Cardiff.

Regarding your quote of pop up tracks, i can't recall a problem at Parken, & even going back to 2002 at Hamar!