British Speedway Forum

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Phil,All this controversy and not a word from the riders to the media or not a comment on twitter ?

Were not daft they've been gagged !

This is timely.I was about to ask the tweet followers to let us know the 1st rider to break ranks. This is a rare landmark moment indeed where no rider can even be tempted to release anything regarding their feelings on something so big.

Phil,All this controversy and not a word from the riders to the media or not a comment on twitter ?

Oh dear.

Gagged by who?

Of what benefit is it to BSI to 'gag riders'. The meeting was called off as the riders claimed it was dangerous. The damage is done to BSI.

The riders are gagged, by themselves (or the power clique) in case some of them say.. "Well actually, there wasn't really a problem, I was racing perfectly fine".

Some people seem to be under a very deluded perception that BSI/the organisers orchestrated this meeting to be called off in some sort of money making scheme.. nothing could be further from the truth.

This is timely.I was about to ask the tweet followers to let us know the 1st rider to break ranks. This is a rare landmark moment indeed where no rider can even be tempted to release anything regarding their feelings on something so big.

And pray, do ask yourself.. when have riders ever been quiet about dangerous track conditions.

Remember there wasn't even a peep DURING the meeting. THAT is unprecedented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yr5laVQqLo

Damn that track looks dangerous... NOT. All 3 riders full on the gas, going for it.

Edited by BWitcher

We went into the interval, we as fans depending on where we were went to get another beer, a cup of tea, have a wee, maybe flicked over the BGT for 10 minutes. While we were doing that did a single fans, either in the stadium or at home at any point think, "this track is dangerous, this meeting is in doubt"?

I'll go with no.

Edited by SCB

And pray, do ask yourself.. when have riders ever been quiet about dangerous track conditions.

Remember there wasn't even a peep DURING the meeting. THAT is unprecedented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yr5laVQqLo

Damn that track looks dangerous... NOT. All 3 riders full on the gas, going for it.

Perhaps that was it though.

Saint Greg being passed by the lowly Bomber.

There MUST be a reason.

It has to be the track.

Could not possibly be any other reason.

• Like 4

Well it appears you might be. It may have escaped your notice but the riders are not the ones who have been shafted here. They were given a superb venue and a perfectly adequate (going by the way they raced on it I would say pretty good, but we will stick with adequate) track on which to ply their trade yet for some inexplicable reason they elected to stage a mass walkout.

Starting by green light can't be the reason, it is a minor inconvenience but nothing more. The race track was fine so what was the agenda ?

As it stands, although I hope the riders are severely punished and at the very least lose any prize monies from this event, these clowns haven't lost out on anything with their antics. The riders almost certainly won't be gagged, in fact they are probably now realizing the seriousness of what they have done and are keeping schtumm in case legal action is instigated.

• Like 1

I would never slag the riders off, they risk there lives to entertain us we should never forget that.

No they don't they take the risk to earn money ...if you told them they were not going to get paid they would not ride .

• Like 1

Some people seem to be under a very deluded perception that BSI/the organisers orchestrated this meeting to be called off in some sort of money making scheme.. nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't think anyone really feels that was the case, but the lack of public comments from BSI suggests they are not considering the fans who paid to attend. Even if they can't refund, they should at least offer all those who purchased tickets free admittance to another GP in the next two seasons.

I don't think anyone really feels that was the case, but the lack of public comments from BSI suggests they are not considering the fans who paid to attend. Even if they can't refund, they should at least offer all those who purchased tickets free admittance to another GP in the next two seasons.

Nobody paid BSI any money to attend. The event was run by the PZM not BSI. The refunds, if there are any, are not BSIs jurisdiction

• Like 1

We went into the interval, we as fans depending on where we were went to get another beer, a cup of tea, have a wee, maybe flicked over the BGT for 10 minutes. While we were doing that did a single fans, either in the stadium or at home at any point think, "this track is dangerous, this meeting is in doubt"?

I'll go with no.

thats a fair point .........but I had been thinking since around ht5 that trouble was around the corner..... the track had started deteriorating too early

obviously there was a lot going on already in the meeting by that point so I i'll watch the heats again sometime later ...... but I dont subscribe to the point of view that there was no issue................ there was most likely going to be an issue but the riders moved too quickly on it

Nobody paid BSI any money to attend. The event was run by the PZM not BSI. The refunds, if there are any, are not BSIs jurisdiction

This is probably also why only the Cardiff and Malilla TC's are listed on the SGP website? As they are BSI promoted events?

thats a fair point .........but I had been thinking since around ht5 that trouble was around the corner..... the track had started deteriorating too early

obviously there was a lot going on already in the meeting by that point so I i'll watch the heats again sometime later ...... but I dont subscribe to the point of view that there was no issue................ there was most likely going to be an issue but the riders moved too quickly on it

When was this 'deterioration'?

Trouble was around the corner because the riders wanted trouble.

It seems they tried and failed to get it called of over the green light issue so went to Plan B which was the track.

• Like 1

Sadly it does if you get sued, and it's taken as an admission of liability.

So this is strategy now - blame the officials. Whilst they hardly covered themselves in glory, I doubt they can really be held to account for inadequate track preparation or one that deteriorated after just a few heats.

And had they refused to sign-off the track before the meeting, what the consequences of that have been with a stadium about to fill with 50k fans?

BSI are the license holders..... whether they organised the event or not they have involvement....... an apology would be expected by them no matter the situation, as it happened on their watch.......... apologising for the wrecked night does not necessarily indicate that they were directly responsible when the GP's are increasingly run by multiple companies.................................... what it would have achieved is a professional bridge between the disaster of a meeting and what was to become an amateur gap 2 days later

blaming the officials is an easy route historically in speedway and usually everyone just moves on and forgets about it............... but there is a very real possibility that someone is going to have to stump up hard cash for the weekend ...... blaming the officials wont help that & i'm not sure that the various parties

will want the FIM pi$$ed off

I'm not saying all was perfect. We were all pissed off by the inept referee and the ineptitude of the person who was in charge of the tapes. The track was not billiard table smooth either but it was just a little, not evenly a lot, of a challenge. But hey, we're told this is the best 16 riders in the World - surely they can over come that?!

Easy for you sat in your armchair? what a stupid comment.

It's is easy sat in a armchair ...riders takes the risks for money ..unless you think they would ride for nothing of course ?