British Speedway Forum

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Riders should ride on all types of tracks, big or small bumpy or smooth. The issue here is that the track was far from dangerous! The races before the abandonment were close and half decent. Even had time to do a track grade. Imagine if they get a bit of rain at Prague, call it off because it's not perfect. Ridiculous!

• Like 1

Yes you can .MX, American football , Football , Cycling , and the absolute proof WWF.. all bullrubbish sports . relying entirely on Atmosphere and Hype

But who takes WWF seriously, nobody with a brain! It is just entertainment, not a sport.

• Like 1

bullrubbish sports? Football, cycling? seriously? You try cycling 100 odd miles a day for close to three weeks as they do in the Tour and tell me it's not a sport.

No thanks . I dont intend to cycle anywhere , nor do I have any intention of watching anyone else do it .. football , great if you are a sheep and don't have the intelligence to follow a real sport

• Like 1

But who takes WWF seriously, nobody with a brain! It is just entertainment, not a sport.

That's the point though, isn't it? WWE is massively popular due to the hype and atmosphere of an event, even though it is not classed as a "sport".

Speedway on the other hand is a proper sport yet is dying on it's feet (at least in Britain) and your average meeting is about as riveting as a visit to the local morgue.

• Like 1

I hope the riders who voted to cancel will get named and shamed , we can already apportion some blame to Phil Morris ,and Jim Lawrence , now I would like to know which riders I need to boycott to avoid any of my admission fee winding up in their coffers .. I don't expect them to take unecessary risks . but they should have bent over backwards to ensure this showpiece event was properly concluded . each and every rider there last night has ridden on far worse tracks than that . in fact Cardiff winds up more rutted every year . and the time Morris wasted arguing with them would have been better spent trying to get the surface rideable for the remaining heats ..

Poland:crucible and spiritual home of world speedway.

A plethora of superb race tracks at large capacity stadia.

Scratches head and thinks what to do.....

I know,lets increase our carbon footprint by transporting tons of shale by ship and god knows how many lorries in order to lay a sub-standard racing surface and then erect some sub-standard tapes at the start.

I cant begin to tell you just how irate i am.

And what a damp squib of a send off for one of speedways all time legends in his home country.

He deserved better and so did the Polish people.

The sooner Ole Olsen is sacked the better.

• Like 4

That's the point though, isn't it? WWE is massively popular due to the hype and atmosphere of an event, even though it is not classed as a "sport".

Speedway on the other hand is a proper sport yet is dying on it's feet (at least in Britain) and your average meeting is about as riveting as a visit to the local morgue.

No comparison I suppose I'm saying. I personally would never watch WWF just because it is what it is lol

Some fans here are really vocal and get behind their teams, others just quietly watch and appreciate the action but no that doesn't make for any atmosphere!

Sounds like your'e getting just what you want with speedway then , sport and nothing else . I prefer my evenings at the speedway to be entertaining as well ,

• Like 2

If the riders withdrew their services after heat 12 then they have done untold damage to themselves. They should have carried on and just gone through the motions for the remaining heats. It is they that will suffer most especially in the pocket if people say we will not go to any more GP's. or it could result in the GP's folding completely. After Jason Doyle got excluded there were no more problems starting off on the green light.

Maybe to the casual viewer at home it's better to have meetings at already established tracks but to the person in attendance, these big stadium work. Or why else are 14 of the 15 biggest speedway crowds in the last 14 years Cardiff and the other being last night? Suggest people want big, full stadiums. I still get as excited about Cardiff now as I did back in 2001 for the first one - rubbish track or not. And frankly, other than 2012 when the track was so good it didn't rut up, the racing at Cardiff has always been between alight and good. Without the rutting you just get follow the leader.

So we now have 2 choices. Smooth, slick surfaces that allow the rides to ride around for 23 heats all content they're not going to crash OR we have a few ruts and bumps but we get passing. The first pleases the riders but bores the fans. The second upsets the riders but pleases the fans. Without the fans the riders can't earn a living, without the riders, well, we'll just find some more!

Well that is how it is coming across from a lot of posts I have seen.................

You don't half talk some b******s at times.....................

RP

No he doesn't.. I was at Poole last season and the track was awful, it would have fit perfectly as a grasstrack track. Have you forgotten ALL the postponements for the final last year.. Even this year there are complaints about it from your own fans nd riders FFS. The Poole track is far worse than that track was last night.

So if anyone is talking bulls!Te it's you!

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

interestring now after a nght sleep, its the riders are being questioned now.

lets be frank the whole thing was a shambles, but that includes the riders attitide too!

we have all seen worse its a one of track what did they expect?

has this now set the precident? certainly already thinking twice about cardiff, because it always has ruts

No he doesn't.. I was at Poole last season and the track was awful, it would have fit perfectly as a grasstrack track. Have you forgotten ALL the postponements for the final last year..

Think your out of order there darling, it pissed down for a week monsoon style, So much rain it flooded the main grandstand entrance and the office's corridor. If you don't believe me or any other poole fans, just ask Nigel Pearson, he was down here for best part of a week, and even he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Apologise if I missed it, but having visited the SGP site I'd have expected an apology from them.

The apology should come from the 16 (or however many didnt want to ride) riders. They have shafted BSI, Ole Olsen and themselves. That track was in no way too dangerous to carry on. If rider safety has moved on to this level then abandon the whole sport. Motorbike racing is dangerous and last night would have constituted no more danger than many other matches. The ref and Phil Morris should take some blame, allowing a rider meeting in the middle of a gp ffs, just put the two minutes on, anyone not going out to race should have been thrown out of the series

• Like 2

interestring now after a nght sleep, its the riders are being questioned now.

lets be frank the whole thing was a shambles, but that includes the riders attitide too!

we have all seen worse its a one of track what did they expect?

has this now set the precident? certainly already thinking twice about cardiff, because it always has ruts

I did like the way all the riders were congratulating each other, while the fans who spent their very hard earned and graft trudged out of the stadium. Doesn't set a good example and very unprofessional me thinks..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

No he doesn't.. I was at Poole last season and the track was awful, it would have fit perfectly as a grasstrack track. Have you forgotten ALL the postponements for the final last year.. Even this year there are complaints about it from your own fans nd riders FFS. The Poole track is far worse than that track was last night.

So if anyone is talking bulls!Te it's you!

Oh look, Starman in defending anything Poole shocker.... :icon_smile_clown: