British Speedway Forum

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Ole says that the track wasn't his responsibility since the FIM-jury had approved it.

http://m.jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7641429/Ole-Olsen-Skandale-er-ikke-min-skyld/

http://m.jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7638117/Polakkerne+er+sure+p%C3%A5+Ole+Olsen+/

http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7637411/%C2%BBDet-er-en-skandale-og-folk-faldt-som-fluer%C2%AB/

I don't think the ruts themselves were the problem but, as Nicki and Jonsson both have said, that the surface was too loose

which was quite obvious since as soon as a rider was a little too wide it looked like they put the handbrake on.

Edited by Ghostwalker

You ARE joking, on both points, of course?

Still waiting for someone, anyone to highlight where these so called problems with the track were and explain just why, if it was so dangerous, were riders racing at full speed, in total control and engaging in some good racing.

Dangerous tracks, as we know from witnessing it in the past sees riders two wheeling into corners, strung out racing and lack of effort.

NONE of which was on display last night..

Two things spring to mind.

First the riders have now set the bar.In future they can't justify riding in the same or worse conditions.And it would be interesting given the number of times Polish league meetings have been run in dodgy conditions and the clubs have been fined by the PZM for the state of the track.We have seen a few riders complain that they have been forced to ride by their polish club whilst being injured.Nicki Pedersen is one that springs to mind a few season back.It will be interesting in future to see how they react in polish league meetings for instance from now on given how much money they receive from their clubs/sponsors.........

Imo they have set the bar fairly low.Will they stick to this standard or ignore a dodgy track on other occasions?

That will all depend on who is paying them and how much :)

I'm sorry I didn't mean given away, I mean they were very cheap for a World Championship meeting, "given away" is a "figure of speech".

Perhaps you can tell me if the cost of the tickets was effectively subsidised by the PZM? Or am I completely wrong?

Apologies accepted.

There were not very cheap for the people who have to earn their cash in Poland.

The average wage in Poland according to http://www.thenews.pl/1/12/Artykul/196598,Average-wage-in-Poland-up-34-in-2014

is £8250.00 per annum whilst in the UK ( I'm told) it is £26500. That's 3.2 more than in .pl The average ticket entry for the Warsaw GP was around 80.00 PLN which for you is about £14.50. Admittedly it's cheap if you earn your cash in the UK, but how many out of 53K people in Warsaw GP earned their cash in the UK? So for the locals 80.00 PLN it was more like £46.50 for you. Isn't that an average cost of ticket for Cardiff ?

As far as I know the cost of tickets was NOT subsidised by the PZM. They know what people earn and what they are prepared to pay for their entertainment. Yes, they could set the price on par with Cardiff, or any other GP venue, but they would not have half the audience they had. Isn't better to have full terraces and similar income, to high entry tickets and half empty stadium?

• Like 7

Ole says that the track wasn't responsibility since the FIM-jury had approved it.

http://m.jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7641429/Ole-Olsen-Skandale-er-ikke-min-skyld/

http://m.jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7638117/Polakkerne+er+sure+p%C3%A5+Ole+Olsen+/

http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/motor/ECE7637411/%C2%BBDet-er-en-skandale-og-folk-faldt-som-fluer%C2%AB/

I don't think the ruts themselves were the problem but, as Nicki and Jonsson both have said, that the surface was too loose

which was quite obvious since as soon as a rider was a little too wide it looked like they put the handbrake on.

I assume you meant to say 'his' responsibility?

That is exactly what he would say though isn't it.

• Like 1

Statement from Paul Bellamy, managing director, BSI Speedway:

I would like to apologise to all fans in the Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, on behalf of BSI Speedway. We are terribly disappointed with how events unfolded on Saturday.

We respect the FIM Jury decision to call the result after heat 12 due to the track conditions.

A lot of the information reported in the media is inaccurate. We will require a full investigation on what happened from all concerned and will communicate the results once completed.

Taken from Speedway GP.

Still waiting for someone, anyone to highlight where these so called problems with the track were and explain just why, if it was so dangerous, were riders racing at full speed, in total control and engaging in some good racing.

Dangerous tracks, as we know from witnessing it in the past sees riders two wheeling into corners, strung out racing and lack of effort.

NONE of which was on display last night..

I suggest you read this then if you have not already............

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/04/troy-batchelor-it-was-supposed-to-be-so-good/

RP

Nicki Pedersen and Andreas Jonsson have both said to media that the track was too soft/loose. Andreas Jonsson compared it to a beach.

So it seems that there was far from enough binder in the shale that was put on the track.

Edited by Ghostwalker

http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/04/troy-batchelor-it-was-supposed-to-be-so-good/

RP

Sounds like he had a good reason to want it called off.He wasn't feeling good and didn't lose too many points on the leaders!!!!

• Like 1

Talking out of your backside.

Track wasnt a disgrace. Diificult but not a disgrace. Riders were passing each other the racing wasnt that bad. Did you see Harris.

Ive seen far far worse tracks at Cardiff. If the tapes were not broken im in no doubt the meeting would have carried on.

Crap, it had nothing to do with the starting gate. you have 30 odd Grand Prix drivers who sit on a grid and wait for the red lights to go out, if they can do that then why can't 4 riders sit on a start line ?

There's a thing called improvise, Years ago, Billy Janeiro held a piece of elastic stretched across our start gate as ours failed, that worked very well, no problems there, green light came on, riders under starters orders, after X seconds Billy let the elastic go. problem solved, so why can't they do the same thing ?? I don't suppose you was old enough to remember that, know doubt still cracking your teeth on Rusks,,, :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

I find it quite incredible that I have found no official apology to the fans that were there & the sport has a whole reading there web site its if the whole shambles had never happened its let sweep it all under the carpet an move on. Surely someone has to be held accountable but then again this is speedway.

RP

Try reading this.. Gavan.

Edited by Starman2006

I would like to apologise to all fans in the Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, on behalf of BSI Speedway. We are terribly disappointed with how events unfolded on Saturday.

We respect the FIM Jury decision to call the result after heat 12 due to the track conditions.

A lot of the information reported in the media is inaccurate. We will require a full investigation on what happened from all concerned and will communicate the results once completed.

Taken from Speedway GP.

Strange seeing as what information has been reported in the press?Other than the meeting was abandoned by the FIM jury because of track conditions which Bellamy agrees with.They have put a muzzle on the riders,so we ain't getting much from them.....what inaccurate info is there?

• Like 1

Taken from Speedway GP.

6 months later... :lol:

• Like 1