British Speedway Forum

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Imo this could decide the entire championship. I.e. Nicki have made several good heats which then have been re-run causing him too loose several points.

its not all bad then! wink

Just got in, hoping to watch the last heat or two and then the semi's and final..

However I watched heat 10 where Nikki rode the air fence and Noddy appeared to hit a rut...

Have seen a few comments re this meeting being a farce - is it just down to the track or are there other issues ?

Thanks in advance..

Now he's declaring races!! What a joke?

Race declared on lap 3..

Completely against the rules.

Lawrence is a disgrace.

I find that fact that the referee doesn't even know the rules far more concerning than a starting gate not working.

just announced there that races can awarded on the last lap now. new rule this year

Edited by Mr Blobby

Did my eyes deceive me

Race declared on lap 3..

Completely against the rules.

Lawrence is a disgrace.

I find that fact that the referee doesn't even know the rules far more concerning than a starting gate not working.

Haven't got replay where I'm watching, but that was awarded? Pretty sure it was just the start of lap 3 when Holder fell.

Was Pedersen under power when the red lights came on?

Edited by salty

Just got in, hoping to watch the last heat or two and then the semi's and final..

However I watched heat 10 where Nikki rode the air fence and Noddy appeared to hit a rut...

Have seen a few comments re this meeting being a farce - is it just down to the track or are there other issues ?

Thanks in advance..

Not jus the track. The tapes feused to go up even and there were huge controversies regarding referee and race director decions

with no re-run heats and re-runs heats, tapes being removed and start conducted by lights off only and bo tape.

just announced there that races can awarded on the last lap now. new rule this year

correct: https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGP/status/589503544383922176

SpeedwayGP @SpeedwayGP

#Speedwaygp races can now be awarded if the riders have completed three laps. Hampel benefits to win #WarsawSGP heat 10 after Holder fell.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Not jus the track. The tapes feused to go up even and there were huge controversies regarding referee and race director decions

with no re-run heats and re-runs heats, tapes being removed and start conducted by lights off only and bo tape.

Oh dear, I can understand the comments now...it does seem farcical and how very sad too..

Thanks for that GW.. :t:

• Like 1

Glad ive not forked out on Cardiff yet think im going to wait a while and see how we go from here. What with league speedway seemingly having guests or r/r for every fixture and now the sports showpiece decending into farce this sport continues to shoot itself in the foot, its certainly not the sport that i was brought up on :(

• Like 3

I was out for a bit this evening, so missed the first 11 heats or so. Can anyone summarise the meeting so far please?

Ta muchly! ;)

Referee is doing what the hell he likes. Tapes stopped working. Referee continued to mess. Phil Morris and the ref not controlling things. Track breaking up now.