British Speedway Forum

Crazy Sue And Her Gang Of Updaters And Texters

jrs

Obviously not a real fan . When the Aces were away I used to phone the away stadium after the match was over to get the result. Couldn't wait for the paper or teletext.

Like many others I am just grateful for the service provided by Sue & Co. It is very much appreciated.

Think I can beat that! When I was a youngster I was so keen to know how the Robins performed on the Saturday night at Bellevue, I actually phoned Martin Ashby on his home phone number (which was in the telephone directory) on the Sunday morning. Martin himself answered the phone and kindly gave me a run down of the scorers! A true gent was the Robins skipper.

• Like 1

I phoned Martin Ashby one Friday night many moons ago just because he was in the phone book..

After he realised I was not a mate taking the piss, he spent half an hour chatting with me, which to a youngster was absolutely brilliant - something I've never forgotten..

Anyway, as per the thread, yes, a big thanks to those who text and update - you all provide a brilliant service :t:

BTW... jrs now has 46 likes - is this a record ?

I phoned Martin Ashby one Friday night many moons ago just because he was in the phone book..

After he realised I was not a mate taking the piss, he spent half an hour chatting with me, which to a youngster was absolutely brilliant - something I've never forgotten..

Anyway, as per the thread, yes, a big thanks to those who text and update - you all provide a brilliant service :t:

BTW... jrs now has 46 likes - is this a record ?

Well I've just added my 'like' so that makes 49 in total.

Fair play to every last one of those that provide the Update service. Thank you one and all.

I would just like to publicly thank Sue, Youngy, Fozzie and every single one of the Updates team who provide us with an invaluable and free service during the season. You really are well and truly very much appreciated.Thank you guys :)

A great service i take it for granted should'nt do but you all do a great job.

One thing that would be good to come from the AGM is that they could let in free the updater to provide the updates more "officially" Maybe even give away 2 "match tickets" 1 to the home updater and 1 to an away fan to give an unbiased view?

But yeah great service :t:

Haha!

Firstly, yes, many thanks to the great service from all the team. Having done the updates myself many times when based in England I know it takes time and a sacrifice is made. Everyone, bar Fozzie, provides a great service. :)

As for the idea above.. if the promoters had a way of STOPPING the updates.. they would.

Haha!

Firstly, yes, many thanks to the great service from all the team. Having done the updates myself many times when based in England I know it takes time and a sacrifice is made. Everyone, bar Fozzie, provides a great service. :)

As for the idea above.. if the promoters had a way of STOPPING the updates.. they would.

Some might, but not generally. At Newcastle, our website has two parts to a Live Updates section, which is used for both home and away meetings. The two parts are the riders and results shown in a programme format for easy reading, and in the Chatroom one you get the current situation, but everyone signed on can jump in and comment as the meeting commences. You can see who is signed on, and you can fill in the gaps with banter with others, whether they are Diamond fans or visitors. When Sue can't get a texter at a meeting we are riding in, our service is used as the input for the Updates service, and full credit for it is given.

Top girl Sue.

Some might, but not generally. At Newcastle, our website has two parts to a Live Updates section, which is used for both home and away meetings. The two parts are the riders and results shown in a programme format for easy reading, and in the Chatroom one you get the current situation, but everyone signed on can jump in and comment as the meeting commences. You can see who is signed on, and you can fill in the gaps with banter with others, whether they are Diamond fans or visitors. When Sue can't get a texter at a meeting we are riding in, our service is used as the input for the Updates service, and full credit for it is given.

Top girl Sue.

I've not been on the Newcastle site in a few years but it always impressed me as being one of the best club sites.

Top girl Sue.

aye deano's fat fingers do the job from all over the country :)
  • Like 1

I'd like to add my sincere thanks to Sue and all the gang for this wonderful service. I think we all take it for granted, that there will be live updates from all matches, without thinking of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to secure a texter and updater, sometimes at the last minute! I go back to the days, when I would have to wait until the next days Daily Mirror, when I would rush to the sports section to see how my team got on at an away match the previous night. How times have changed!

Thanks again Sue, and roll on 2015

Haha!

Always knew you loved Cradley really ;)

Aww thanks guys, been taking a break from the BSF (and anything speedway related) so have only just seen this thread. It is comments like this that make it all so worthwhile to carry on, especially when things have been a little stressful.

I have a wonderful team of people who not only text, update or both but also put up with my constant hassling texts and my somewhat warped sense of humour and weirdness. Sometimes it is a bit of a hard slog to get through the season but we get there in the end...even if I have to call in favours left, right and center (I think it must be me who owes the favours now rather than the other way round)

Anyway, thanks for the lovely comments and hopefully see you for the Aussie Champs.

• Like 6