British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

peterborough are running fridays next year aint they?? So he wouldnt be able to commit surely :)

Team looks awful now....

The way I read the statement was that he wouldn't be able to make Somerset in time after work, but Am I right in saying he is fairly local to P'boro so he will manage to get there easily after work?

I may be wrong though?

With all due respect max dilger. Never done anYthsie of note in British speedway was garbage for us at Edinburgh. Didn't pull up any trees at Redcar and was quite frankly awful at Peterborough.

Bug good luck to somerset. They have a good track record and they be the club to get the best out of max.

Must be someone better than dilger out there they had upto 3.32 that is quite frankly awful, lanham is a good signing for his average

Not many decent 3 pointers about though, but isn't that the case with ALL 3 pointers?

Greaves, Perry, D Greenwood, Morley etc could all do a job......

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

The way I read the statement was that he wouldn't be able to make Somerset in time after work, but Am I right in saying he is fairly local to P'boro so he will manage to get there easily after work?

I may be wrong though?

ah right... That must have just dawned on him.... Edinburgh away could be cutting it fine then :)

I may be wrong though?

The Lanham/Holder switch makes sense with the average situation but why kick out Greenwood too?

He has left due to work commitments, wonder if he will turn up at Peterborough mmmm something stinks here and somersack are involved once again surprise surprise;

Taken from Facebook post by Pete Greenwood:

Ollie and I would like to thank Debbie Hancock and Gary May for their help and understanding regarding Ollie's change of circumstances with his work commitments . We wish the Rebles well in 2015.

• Like 2

did not have best of crowds last year, cant afford to lose many more!

I have to hold my hands up,I said last year pontus was a poor signing so what do I know ,so let's get behind the team and we will see what max can do at the ota(3 months till March,plenty off time for team to change buy then!!)

I was at the OTA four times for PL/LC meetings this year and noticed the crowds were lower than previous years, even during the holiday season. If you can't attract em with an attractive winning team your buggered

Taken from Facebook post by Pete Greenwood:

Ollie and I would like to thank Debbie Hancock and Gary May for their help and understanding regarding Ollie's change of circumstances with his work commitments . We wish the Rebles well in 2015.

I seem to remember "work commitments" was used when Olly left Scunny and signed for Coventry!! couldnt travel up on a friday or something like that was used!

Busy lad on a friday...!

I seem to remember "work commitments" was used when Olly left Scunny and signed for Coventry!! couldnt travel up on a friday or something like that was used!

Busy lad on a friday...!

Getting to the OTA on a Friday is a nightmare on the M5

Ouch. Better 3 point options out there than Dilger out there and closer to home too. Don't agree with these foreign riders being rubbish and getting a 3 point average for their troubles. Their figure should never go below what they were initially assessed on. If that was the case there'd be 4/5 PL teams having to track young Brits at reserve in 2015 off the top of my head. Instead we'll be seeing Dilger, Konopka, Palovaara, Lykke and Covatti etc at reserve picking up experience that our own riders should be getting.

• Like 5

Ouch. Better 3 point options out there than Dilger out there and closer to home too. Don't agree with these foreign riders being rubbish and getting a 3 point average for their troubles. Their figure should never go below what they were initially assessed on. If that was the case there'd be 4/5 PL teams having to track young Brits at reserve in 2015 off the top of my head. Instead we'll be seeing Dilger, Konopka, Palovaara, Lykke and Covatti etc at reserve picking up experience that our own riders should be getting.

A bit unfair including Lykke in with that lot . At least Kasper is entertaining to watch and always gives 100% . If Kasper could sort out his gating , he would be a heat leader . But I agree with your sentiment . If a foreign rider comes in on a 5 or a 7 and cant achieve that average over a season , if someone wants to sign them the following year they should revert back to the assessed mark .

• Like 1

A bit unfair including Lykke in with that lot . At least Kasper is entertaining to watch and always gives 100% . If Kasper could sort out his gating , he would be a heat leader . But I agree with your sentiment . If a foreign rider comes in on a 5 or a 7 and cant achieve that average over a season , if someone wants to sign them the following year they should revert back to the assessed mark .

Blimey, you're sober!!

Oh dear two signings which are less than inspirational to stich up the Rebels team and a backward step in my view. I suppose Gary had to sign what was left.

We know from experience that the Rebels management will have no hestation in chopping riders that don't perform so hopefully we will still be in the mix come September.

Peterborough look a good bet for the title with an exciting lineup.