British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

Presumably his visa application will need a new club 'sponsor' unless the BSPA authorise it?!

If his average is assessed at 7.00 for a PL club - what if an EL club took a risk with him, what would the average be then?? 4.20 ? (7 x 0.6)?

Or for example would it be like Milik at Poole this year on 4.00, or even lower?

given the acknowledged skew in second string averages IMO no assessed rider should enter the EL on less than 5.

After all Palm Toft managed 5.2.

PS - I have a sneaky feeling you already know the answer to your question Skidder. wink

given the acknowledged skew in second string averages IMO no assessed rider should enter the EL on less than 5.

After all Palm Toft managed 5.2.

PS - I have a sneaky feeling you already know the answer to your question Skidder. wink

The format is to be different next season, so some riders who gained last season might well produce a different set of figures next time.

The format is to be different next season, so some riders who gained last season might well produce a different set of figures next time.

but new assessments should be aligned to the averages being used from last season to ensure a level playing field.

You cant try to factor in the impact of a new format for new assessments without adjusting existing second string averages.

Now jacks not coming to us any idea on who we should sign,?

Wouldn't matter who you signed mate, the usual haters will be scouring the rule book for an infringement..

just seen the averages, bunny looks to be able to fit in. or you could try aarron summers and try to get away with it. i am sure gary (garry) may will have something up his sleeve. like an arm. dont think he will make the same mistake again next year.. starting to get a bit tough now for available riders..

Edited by jenga

Ben Wilson, Andre Compton, Jason Bunyan Lol - this is Somerset we are talking about and I will eat my hat if we sign any of those.

It will 99.9% be a foreigner on an assessed 5.00 average from Europe.

Wouldn't matter who you signed mate, the usual haters will be scouring the rule book for an infringement..

Haters some of them maybe, but Somerset having to shed 2 points to fit into the points limit is absolutely right here and not some conspiracy theory.

• Like 4

Ben Wilson, Andre Compton, Jason Bunyan Lol - this is Somerset we are talking about and I will eat my hat if we sign any of those.

It will 99.9% be a foreigner on an assessed 5.00 average from Europe.

Haters some of them maybe, but Somerset having to shed 2 points to fit into the points limit is absolutely right here and not some conspiracy theory.

The options are very limited, you can rule out Andre Compton as his average is too high.

A 5 point European would be a gamble as much as Ben Wilson or Jason Bunyan.

Definitely throws Somersets team plans for 2015 into disarray.