British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

dear me ok :)

You said its not somersets fault, i asked how you knew this?? You didnt ask a question, you made a statement btw.:)

No. I said if Somerset interept the rule in a way, and it's wrong then publicly state it. Read it in context. Doesn't matter picking at straws and anyone who has Rab C as their cover pic can't be a Bad. My fav TVs show lol

I coildn't agree more. Somebody's need to clarify things and make a statement...

Somerset have - they've said in the speedway star that Holder is a 7.00 which the BSPA have confirmed. Somerset are now waiting on a confirmation average of another rider (to replace one of the currently named riders).

to give an aussie a team place over a brit ( Richie Worrall ) if the rebels do go that way its a pure disgrace, )

What a ridiculous statement that is - an Aussie or any other nationality replacing a Brit is hardly a rarity in this sport and neither is it a disgrace.

No. I said if Somerset interept the rule in a way, and it's wrong then publicly state it. Read it in context. Doesn't matter picking at straws and anyone who has Rab C as their cover pic can't be a Bad. My fav TVs show lol

Somerset have said in the Star that they were told 5.00 and then they got told he was a 7.00.

Somerset have - they've said in the speedway star that Holder is a 7.00 which the BSPA have confirmed. Somerset are now waiting on a confirmation average of another rider (to replace one of the currently named riders).

Somerset have said in the Star that they were told 5.00 and then they got told he was a 7.00.

At least something is being done. But the question has to be asked, why was Debbie and Garry told jack is a 5, then do a turnaround AFTER they declaired him and then told them he's a 7. Thats just not cricket Table tennis or anything else you can think of. Thats total incompetance of the Authorities.

Edited by Starman2006

At least something is being done. But the question has to be asked, why was Debbie and Garry told jack is a 5, then do a turnaround AFTER they declaired him and then told them he's a 7. Thats just not cricket Table tennis or anything else you can think of. Thats total incompetance of the Authorities.

Who told them that, do you know ?

The article says the BSPA told them on Wednesday, the day before the social night where the team was revealed... So the team was revealed knowing straight away that team changes were going to be needed hence why no press release has been forthcoming from us.

Who told them that, do you know ?

The BSPA who then back tracked and told him he should actually be a 7.00.

Think we should keep,the named riders and change jack,to much for him to come in on a 7 and be 3rd heat leader if Richie has to go which he shouldn't ,would choose to have josh and Richie as top two

• Like 2

its somersets fault that they have put themselves into this position. they were at the A.G.M. , and were told that new visa applications (aus) that riders coming in were to be assesed on a 7.00. thats seven. so why do they think they can get away with it.the blame solely on the rebels promotion. mr may in particular for trying to build an illegal team. the 5.00 average must have been something that was dreamt up last year when brady came in. got away with it once and thought they could get away with it again.i think somerset assumed they were correct in their average building.

but they should have listened to all the things that were going on at the A.G.M. .

workys unofficial site explains it all , scroll down to premier leage speedway and read. or if you cant read, get someone , afamily member to read it for you and if you are deaf. get it in sign language from a.n. other..

its 7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7,7. not heaven.

Do you honestly believe they were told he was a 7 after they declared their team?

Do you honestly believe they were told he was a 7 after they declared their team?

It says in the speedway star they were told the day before they announced the side, knowing the original plan had to be scraped hence why no official press release has been made announcing the side. It does say they were told 5.00 and then this got changed 7.00 the day before.

The BSPA who then back tracked and told him he should actually be a 7.00.

That's not strictly true though, is it?

Why would they need to call up the BSPA office to ask for clarification when they were told at the conference it would be 7 and exactly who are we classing as the BSPA here, one of the girls in the office!?!

For me, the promoter who called, knew that the rule book would be checked, knew exactly what the book said (as the new ones hadn't been updated) and thought they could chance it putting the poor girl in the office in an absolutely horrendous position now.

But saying that, who wouldn't chance it. Especially when they got away with building a 44.5 team last season too.

• Like 5

It says in the speedway star they were told the day before they announced the side, knowing the original plan had to be scraped hence why no official press release has been made announcing the side. It does say they were told 5.00 and then this got changed 7.00 the day before.

Well they aren't going to come out and say 'We got away with it this year so thought we'd have another go in 2015' are they!?

• Like 1

That's not strictly true though, is it?

Why would they need to call up the BSPA office to ask for clarification when they were told at the conference it would be 7 and exactly who are we classing as the BSPA here, one of the girls in the office!?!

For me, the promoter who called, knew that the rule book would be checked, knew exactly what the book said (as the new ones hadn't been updated) and thought they could chance it putting the poor girl in the office in an absolutely horrendous position now.

But saying that, who wouldn't chance it. Especially when they got away with building a 44.5 team last season too.

My understanding is Somerset were told that Holder was a 5.00 and then told otherwise. Berwick were the same.

If it was so clear to everyone, why wasn't the change in averages indicated in the AGM statement ? Not one single speedway fan knew that was the case until Steve Whitehead made comments on the Workington forum. That's where the problem lies, because if it had been made public this debate would not even be taking place.

As if a 'girl in the office' is going to answer a question about averages from a promotion or team manager. That would come from someone much higher up and if it didn't, shame on the BSPA for letting a junior member of staff be responsible for responding to such an important point.

To me, the blame lies fairly and squarely with the BSPA and their behind close doors, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours procedures where they never make a mistake and no-one is ever named as having made a decision so no-one is ever responsible.

• Like 5