British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

Berwick don't need to dump anyone, they have four empty spaces and will just cut their cloth accordingly.

Think they will have already selected their team just not published it yet, so somebody unknown to us will be unlucky I should imagine.

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 1

What one did he finish in the top 3 in?

If you mean Allen, he was second in the Queensland title last month.

If you mean Holder, he was second in the 2013 NSW title.

Think they will have already selected their team just not published it yet, so somebody unknown to us will be unlucky I should imagine.

... and you know this, how?

Edited by smod

to give an aussie a team place over a brit ( Richie Worrall ) if the rebels do go that way its a pure disgrace,, to british speedway we'll never do any good in the world cup as we don't give are own the chance to get better as some promoters prefer others to come in.. that's why we'll never win a trophy just like our football team as there's to many overseas riders in our country ( bring on the brits )

• Like 2

to give an aussie a team place over a brit ( Richie Worrall ) if the rebels do go that way its a pure disgrace,, to british speedway we'll never do any good in the world cup as we don't give are own the chance to get better as some promoters prefer others to come in.. that's why we'll never win a trophy just like our football team as there's to many overseas riders in our country ( bring on the brits )

I see Farage has been on the ale again.

What one did he finish in the top 3 in?
If you mean Allen, he was second in the Queensland title last month.If you mean Holder, he was second in the 2013 NSW title.

... and you know this, how?

Simple really I don't believe that managers make the team up as they go along. I do not know for sure but I would imagine that a couple of permutations are created and then hopefully put together into the preferred team. If Jake Allen is in these teams and they want to keep him then someone else will have to go, however we wi ll never know who these discarded riders will be, if that makes sense😀

Edited by Cliffeboy

I think somebody in the authorities needs to clarify the position as regards new Aussies. I think there is a grey area. We just need clear statement telling us if somersets declared 7 is acceptable or not.

I think speedway shoots itself in the foot with issues like this. This is not the somersets promotions fault, they have taken a rule in a certain way and they need to be told if the position they have taken is valid or not. Just decide sooner rather than later and put these issues to bed....

• Like 3

I think somebody in the authorities needs to clarify the position as regards new Aussies. I think there is a grey area. We just need clear statement telling us if somersets declared 7 is acceptable or not.

I think speedway shoots itself in the foot with issues like this. This is not the somersets promotions fault, they have taken a rule in a certain way and they need to be told if the position they have taken is valid or not. Just decide sooner rather than later and put these issues to bed....

I coildn't agree more. Somebody's need to clarify things and make a statement...

Edited by Starman2006

how do you know its not somersets fault is there hasnt been any statement?? Other clubs promotions are openly saying it was said at the AGM.

how do you know its not somersets fault is there hasnt been any statement?? Other clubs promotions are openly saying it was said at the AGM.

I don't know anything. All I'm saying is if Somerset have made an error the authorities need to flag this and say well actually this is this case..it's not in the interests of the sport to let it drag out. Just clarify it for the clubs, the riders who may be dropped and the fans. I don't know why you have to get personal in your posts. I state an opinion like anyone else on here.

I wasn't at the agm nor do I have any inside track. But apparently you do....

I don't know anything. All I'm saying is if Somerset have made an error the authorities need to flag this and say well actually this is this case..it's not in the interests of the sport to let it drag out. Just clarify it for the clubs, the riders who may be dropped and the fans. I don't know why you have to get personal in your posts. I state an opinion like anyone else on here.

how is asking you a question getting personal??.... is that not what you do on a forum??... Or do you just state an opinion and expect no one to respond?? Bit touchy arnt you?? Not as if ive called you or anything ffs

No i dont have inside info?? Worky and scunthorpe promotions have both stated this?? Im not lying so no need for the underhand personal jibes!!! :)

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

how is asking you a question getting personal??.... is that not what you do on a forum??... Or do you just state an opinion and expect no one to respond?? Bit touchy arnt you?? Not as if ive called you or anything ffs

I'm not expecting anyone to agree with anything. Im not an uber fan or forum junkie. Im just a fan on here asking a question and your asking me how do I know it's not somersets fault? I asked why no clarification that's all.....

The fact you've had to type and abbreviated expletive to express yourself sums it up. As I say i know nothing, don't pretend to have any inside knowledge of the agm or that. But the original point being clarification of the situation and let all involved move on, a statement and then it's done. That's all I am saying

I'm not expecting anyone to agree with anything. Im not an uber fan or forum junkie. Im just a fan on here asking a question and your asking me how do I know it's not somersets fault? I asked why no clarification that's all.....

The fact you've had to type and abbreviated expletive to express yourself sums it up. As I say i know nothing, don't pretend to have any inside knowledge of the agm or that. But the original point being clarification of the situation and let all involved move on, a statement and then it's done. That's all I am saying

dear me ok :)

You said its not somersets fault, i asked how you knew this?? You didnt ask a question, you made a statement btw.:)

Edited by Arson fire