British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

wasnt ryan douglas signed on assessed 5? now he is nearly 7 so has bettered his assessed average or have i missed something?

it should never have been 5, this is the issue. It should have been 7, he's not got 7 so should not get a new work permit.

Be interesting to see which clubs signed the most 5 pointers since the ruling that maybe should have been a 7.... And who benefited most.

Someone at the bspa made the call, question is... Why??

I'll have 50p on Glasgow signing most. But that doesn't answer the question about how benefited most as they were generally rubbishe and only Grajczonek proved worth it :D

I'll have 50p on Glasgow signing most. But that doesn't answer the question about how benefited most as they were generally rubbishe and only Grajczonek proved worth it :D

think your being disrespectfull

and josh isnt classed as a aussie he dosnt require visa due to his polish conection

jason crump ,craig watson,mick powell,shane parker ........ must all have been rubish then in your book

yeah proberbly did come over on a 7 or whatever but the point is all the foreign or aussie riders are not rubish

british riders start off on a 3 if they dont have the experience and after that it shouldnt matter what country they come from it should depend what level they have rode at and all should start on the same assessed average 5 7 or 9 nationality isnt a indication of the standard you ride at

• Like 1

yeah proberbly did come over on a 7 or whatever but the point is all the foreign or aussie riders are not rubish

british riders start off on a 3 if they dont have the experience and after that it shouldnt matter what country they come from it should depend what level they have rode at and all should start on the same assessed average 5 7 or 9 nationality isnt a indication of the standard you ride at

Yeah, u r what u r, it shouldn't matter what 'EUROPEAN' language u speak. As long as it aint with an Antipodean accent without an 7.00 average

As long as the loop-holes exist they will be exploited to gain an advantage. Not exactly rocket science.

Edited by HadrianDog

I personally suspect that the avg situation is not an error on the part of Berwick or Somerset.

Those on here who have met me will know that Garry May is a good friend of mine and after last years shenanigans with Brady, I would be very surprised if Garry didn't get some form of hard copy confirmation before he announced the team.

• Like 4

think your being disrespectfull

and josh isnt classed as a aussie he dosnt require visa due to his polish conection

jason crump ,craig watson,mick powell,shane parker ........ must all have been rubish then in your book

AFAIK, Crump, Watson, Powell and Parker between them only failed to hit a 7 point PL average once. Hardly failure when you look at some of the Aussies Glasgow signed who failed to get 5. Did Davey ever hit 3? And What about the lad who had 2 or 3 meetings mid-season before being dumped? And the one who started the season about 2 years ago and was gone by mid-summer?

I personally suspect that the avg situation is not an error on the part of Berwick or Somerset.

Those on here who have met me will know that Garry May is a good friend of mine and after last years shenanigans with Brady, I would be very surprised if Garry didn't get some form of hard copy confirmation before he announced the team.

The issue here is the BSPA have been giving 5 point averages to work permit riders when the rules agreed with the UKBA say they should be a 7. The BSPA may have said he would be a 5 but unfortunately the UKBA (or whatever they're now called) is bigger and more powerful than the BSPA.

Somerset may have been unfortunate victims here of a cock up by the BSPA as a whole.

even hard copy evidence/confirmation can become out of date.

Ask someone how much stamp duty they would pay on their house move a week ago ( and they could well have it in writing from a solicitor) and it will be different to what they actually pay this week.

The government changed the rules - sound familiar??

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1