British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

I would be amazed if the Rebels promotion get their numbers wrong for a second time. However even if the Rebels have to change their lineup at the last minute its not a big deal. What really matters is that you have the nucleus of a good team and can finish in a (top six) league position and finish the season strongly to win it,

• Like 1

I would assume Brady will be sold to Poole and loaned back for the season?

Surprised to see Jack Holder go to Scunthorpe and not Somerset as thought that would of suited him.

this was rumored to be the case wonder if scunthorpe did actually drop interest because they were under impression he would be a 7pt rider

this is why keep saying i would like offical statement on the matter teams and riders could be missing out on there targeted places

• Like 3

this was rumored to be the case wonder if scunthorpe did actually drop interest because they were under impression he would be a 7pt rider

this is why keep saying i would like offical statement on the matter teams and riders could be missing out on there targeted places

left a message saying that as well on rebels facebook page ,twice first one was deleted

some how!

nice too see a somerset fan at least aknowledge there could be a problem

this dosnt just affect somerset it affects all teams 1 way or another

would really like some offical statement on this 1 way or the other

To be fair I think the vast majority of realise there COULD be a problem, however until that problem is confirmed then it would probably be wrong of us to speculate on any of the potential 7 Somerset riders for this season being given the chop before the season has even commenced.

It seems to be a conflict of information with certain teams being told different things. What is a interesting point and something I pose to the Workington promotion who were very quick to flap about Jack Holder being signed on a 5.00, is we're told that visa-riders need to achieve their assessed average within 2 years of being over here.... How many years has Mason Campton been over here now, and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't his average still below his original assessed average? A little bit ironic.

To be fair I think the vast majority of realise there COULD be a problem, however until that problem is confirmed then it would probably be wrong of us to speculate on any of the potential 7 Somerset riders for this season being given the chop before the season has even commenced.

It seems to be a conflict of information with certain teams being told different things. What is a interesting point and something I pose to the Workington promotion who were very quick to flap about Jack Holder being signed on a 5.00, is we're told that visa-riders need to achieve their assessed average within 2 years of being over here.... How many years has Mason Campton been over here now, and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't his average still below his original assessed average? A little bit ironic.

no?? His visa was issued for this season as he sat last season out due too..... Visa problems :)

no?? His visa was issued for this season as he sat last season out due too..... Visa problems :)

Why is that relevant? He didn't start last season on an assessed figure and rejoined on his previously achieved average.

Therefore, he has completed 2 seasons over here and failed to achieve his original assessed figure.

I made a similar point on the worky thread.

It was said in reply that Campton was granted a 2 year visa at the start of 2014 so is OK for 2015.

If he fails to meet the requirement in 2015 then he may well have a problem in 2016.

This is what amuses me. Workington got in their quickly to complain after signing Campton and Wells on under 7. Erm. And Scunny made comments on twitter and have Ryan Douglas on sub 7. Ooops!

I made a similar point on the worky thread.

It was said in reply that Campton was granted a 2 year visa at the start of 2014 so is OK for 2015.

If he fails to meet the requirement in 2015 then he may well have a problem in 2016.

Which if we are sticking to the regulations that have been quoted, in wrong in itself - why give someone a 2 year issue when they might of failed to fulfil the requirements ie. Achieve his assessed average within 2 seasons?

• Like 1

Which if we are sticking to the regulations that have been quoted, in wrong in itself - why give someone a 2 year issue when they might of failed to fulfil the requirements ie. Achieve his assessed average within 2 seasons?

because its a totally seperate visa??

Somerset being pooles bitch is doing them no favours long term surely?

• Like 2

The next question of course is do those that originally came in on a 5 and did achieve that now have to get to 7 to be sure of renewal?

The next question of course is do those that originally came in on a 5 and did achieve that now have to get to 7 to be sure of renewal?

Yes. Now the UKBA (or whatever they're now called) are going to let them off having already had an easy ride?

because its a totally seperate visa??

Somerset being pooles bitch is doing them no favours long term surely?

Well the same rider has still failed to achieve his original assessed target within 2 seasons - and SCB has also mentioned both Wells and Douglas as two other examples of riders who have also failed. Clear as mud as they say.

Well the same rider has still failed to achieve his original assessed target within 2 seasons - and SCB has also mentioned both Wells and Douglas as two other examples of riders who have also failed. Clear as mud as they say.

depends when this rule was brought in from, if its a while then their is a good few more aswell.... Sedgy? Poole??