British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

no change has been announced because as far as the UK Visa and Immigration department the 7 point assessment for Non EU riders has been in force for some years, the BSPA in their wisdom decided to allow Aussie riders to come in on a 5 INDEPENDENT OF THE OPINION of the UK Visa and Immigration service. They have also ignored the requirement that the riders from non EU countries actually achieve their assessed average within 2 years or no further visas are issued and the non complying riders have to return to their country of origin.

CVS and others at the meeting with the UK V & I were astonished when they were presented with listing of the averages of all visa issued riders, visa and immigration are watching speedway closely, this attempt at getting around the agreed figures will not be tolerated. I believe Jack Holder could be on the next flight back to OZ without leaving the airport IF the 5 assessment continues

• Like 4

no change has been announced because as far as the UK Visa and Immigration department the 7 point assessment for Non EU riders has been in force for some years, the BSPA in their wisdom decided to allow Aussie riders to come in on a 5 INDEPENDENT OF THE OPINION of the UK Visa and Immigration service. They have also ignored the requirement that the riders from non EU countries actually achieve their assessed average within 2 years or no further visas are issued and the non complying riders have to return to their country of origin.

CVS and others at the meeting with the UK V & I were astonished when they were presented with listing of the averages of all visa issued riders, visa and immigration are watching speedway closely, this attempt at getting around the agreed figures will not be tolerated. I believe Jack Holder could be on the next flight back to OZ without leaving the airport IF the 5 assessment continues

Lets not forget this isn't just about Jack Holder. There are two other Australians - Sissis and Allen - to whom this applies.

This isn't about Somerset, its about how 3 clubs believe one thing and three others something else.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

This is absolutely ridiculous now. People sprouting things without full knowledge, or are you lot all knowing? There could be a loophole or anything that we don't know about. Leave my club alone and stop calling us cheaters. Any team would take an option to benefit them, somerset have done nothing wrong.

• Like 1

This is absolutely ridiculous now. People sprouting things without full knowledge, or are you lot all knowing? There could be a loophole or anything that we don't know about. Leave my club alone and stop calling us cheaters. Any team would take an option to benefit them, somerset have done nothing wrong.

get a grip!! You got away with one last year, no doubt you will this also :)

When do promotions apply for a visa for the following year? Is it now once they have agreed terms for the 2015 season or could a visa be applied for now with the intention of not activating the visa until the following year?

Eg could a team apply now for 2 riders but only use 1 now and the other in a years time?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Lets not forget this isn't just about Jack Holder. There are two other Australians - Sissis and Allen - to whom this applies.

This isn't about Somerset, its about how 3 clubs believe one thing and three others something else.

Sissis is a 100% dual passport so is on a 5,-[ Neil Machin saw his mum breaking plates and chasing goats in 1942]

Edited by montie
  • Like 5

After last years farce,thought we would get the team right this time, without any questions,have to wait and see now!

Well, it's the same guy making the same 'mistakes' apparently.

Edited by Tsunami

And please enlighten everybody as to why Jack should come in on a 7 ?

BECUS WE ALL HATE POOLE!!

So, all them years I complained about Chris Kerr and his seemingly dodgy work permits and averages, I was right! He shouldn't have been over here on them averages.

It really is about Somerset. Berwick can accomodate Allen on a 5 or a 7 at present, and so indeed could Sheffield (if Sissis doesn't have EU citizenship). Just depends who else they sign up.

Somerset are the team who have declared an over-the-limit 1-7, presuming Holder will be a 7.

• Like 1