British Speedway Forum

Somerset 2015

really, really . really strong team from somerset. just give them the pl title, the pairs,the fours and while we are at it the plrc. so looks like 2015 is cancelled for the rest of the league and we will all be fighting for 2nd spot WAKEN UP..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

So Sheffield's and Berwick's new Aussies are incorrectly average too then???? Two words ...... Garry May

I believe that's Sheffield's "Aussie" does infact have a Greek passport so he is a 5.00

But jack holder is a 7.00 unless the criteria can be changed for the 2015 season , somerset knew this but yes your right

Garry may trying to pull a fast one

• Like 1

I believe that's Sheffield's "Aussie" does infact have a Greek passport so he is a 5.00

But jack holder is a 7.00 unless the criteria can be changed for the 2015 season , somerset knew this but yes your right

Garry may trying to pull a fast one

But the bspa told them he would be a 5 when asked a year ago..........

• Like 2

its a bit like a birthday, comes once a year .... if you like it or not.

looks like somerset sweating on another iffy signing. will it be sorted and official before the season starts.. should have used our converter.lol.

Edited by jenga

But the bspa told them he would be a 5 when asked a year ago..........

It's not upto the BSPA on what average a rider comes in on

It's upto the borders agency and they told the BSPA its 7.00

And from what I'm led to believe this was announced at the agm in November

The BSPA are trying to have the criteria changed to 5.00 but at the moment it's 7.00

This has all came about after someone tried to get riders in on a tier 5 when they forgot

To apply for a visa , wonder what team that was !!

Aussies come in on a 5, have done for years. Where does 7 come from? The only reason Kurtz should have been a 7 (and hindsight says it was about right!) is because he had foreign league experience, AFAIK Jack Holder has not raced in any leagues.

BSPA were told in August/September or October that their decision to apply a 5 point average was theres alone wwhile the agreement with the Visa people going as far back as 2000 was that non EU resident riders came into British speedway on a 7 point average and I believe that linked to it is a requirement that they meet the assessed average witnhi n 2 years, indeed I believe that in the early 00s tthe average was in fact 9.

The V AND I Agency REQUIRE that speedway comply with the agreement and will not allow any variation from the agreement, non compliance could easily result in NO visas being issued for speedway riders to come into the UK One track cannot be allowed to flout the rules when the potential is there to destroy speedway in the UK

• Like 2

VERY interesting reading on the UNOFFICIAL COMETS WEB SITE (run by the workington promotion. click on unofficial site . scroll down to .. premier league speedway. and read steves comments . .. steve IS one of the promoters at workington .as i said.. read it and weep somerset fans . your season is in turmoil already..