British Speedway Forum

2015 Euro's

Mark

1) Fans of my generation who were weaned on speedway at Custom House and Hyde Road know a race track when we see one. The SEC and tracks like Ostrow have the edge over GP's at tracks like Cardiff...for me anyway.

2) I don't pretend to know what's going on with Emil, his advisers, the Russian Federation or the GP organisers, but the series without Emil is a travesty. Absolutely no disrespect to Tai or Greg, but winning the World Championship when the double-European Champion and arguably the world's best rider is not competing slightly diminishes the achievement...for me anyway.

• Like 5

1) Fans of my generation who were weaned on speedway at Custom House and Hyde Road know a race track when we see one. The SEC and tracks like Ostrow have the edge over GP's at tracks like Cardiff...for me anyway.

2) I don't pretend to know what's going on with Emil, his advisers, the Russian Federation or the GP organisers, but the series without Emil is a travesty. Absolutely no disrespect to Tai or Greg, but winning the World Championship when the double-European Champion and arguably the world's best rider is not competing slightly diminishes the achievement...for me anyway.

Total nonsense. Was Peter Collins win in 76 diminished by Olsen not competing. Was Olsens 78 win diminished by PC not competing. Emil has simply proved what a weak individual he is by allowing himself to be manipulated like he has, maybe he has shown he doesnt have the make up to be world champion

• Like 7

Total nonsense. Was Peter Collins win in 76 diminished by Olsen not competing. Was Olsens 78 win diminished by PC not competing. Emil has simply proved what a weak individual he is by allowing himself to be manipulated like he has, maybe he has shown he doesnt have the make up to be world champion

As I said...for me anyway.

Oldace your opinion is certainly in the minority,it makes no sense at all Tai winning the WC is like Chelsea winning the Premiership without Man Utd in it.We all know how good Emil is for me he is the BEST rider in the world for me it just shows how poorly speedway is run.Why is a solution not found? without Emil,and Darcy in the series it takes the shine off Tai winning it.I like Tai and he deserves everything he gets but he knows he is lucky that Emil is not about and as usual the speedway supporter misses out. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Which is EXACTLY what OneSport want fans to start to think and claim.

Seems many fans are gullible enough too as well.

Whoever is World Champion this year, their achievement isn't diminished in the slightest. Nor will it be next year. If Emil can't be bothered to enter or more precisely, isn't allowed to enter, then tough, he's a complete non-entity.

• Like 5

If emil l wants to be recognised as one of the best riders in the world he needs to be in the world championship. He is clearly is in comparison but you got to be in it to win it and records will show he won the European championship. Whoever wins the world championship is not deminished by anybody not being in it imo

• Like 4

Just watching heat 3 pedersen went down quicker than a tarts kickers

I've not heard of tarts kickers :D

If emil l wants to be recognised as one of the best riders in the world he needs to be in the world championship. He is clearly is in comparison but you got to be in it to win it and records will show he won the European championship. Whoever wins the world championship is not deminished by anybody not being in it imo

Prior to Emil's injury a couple of season's back he was flying in the GP's and I for one expect he would have made World Champion that year. Had he been in the GP's this year I believe he and Tai would have been the top 2. In any sport a competitor can only compete against the people put in front of him, and that goes for Emil as well as Tai. We will never know if Emil would have won this year, neither does Tai but neither were given the chance to find out. The series is diminished without the best riders taking part so by extension the winner's achievements are diminished (slightly). It follows therefore that Emil's 2 European titles are (slightly) diminished by Tai's absence from the series.

To be considered the best one has to beat the best and as, in my opinion, Tai and Emil are the joint best both should be in both series. In that way both World and European Championships (and champions) are enhanced.

Prior to Emil's injury a couple of season's back he was flying in the GP's and I for one expect he would have made World Champion that year. Had he been in the GP's this year I believe he and Tai would have been the top 2. In any sport a competitor can only compete against the people put in front of him, and that goes for Emil as well as Tai. We will never know if Emil would have won this year, neither does Tai but neither were given the chance to find out. The series is diminished without the best riders taking part so by extension the winner's achievements are diminished (slightly). It follows therefore that Emil's 2 European titles are (slightly) diminished by Tai's absence from the series.

To be considered the best one has to beat the best and as, in my opinion, Tai and Emil are the joint best both should be in both series. In that way both World and European Championships (and champions) are enhanced.

Tai had already overtaken Emil in the GPs before his injury.

Some enterprising promoter could stage an ultimate match race challenge between the world champ tai and the euro champ Emil. Would be a cracker of a contest (best-of.-three) with the right build up in the media.

Although not a match race, they could see Woffinden taking on Sayfutdinov in the Polish league when Wroclaw take on Leszno.

Some enterprising promoter could stage an ultimate match race challenge between the world champ tai and the euro champ Emil. Would be a cracker of a contest (best-of.-three) with the right build up in the media.

Reality is, Emil hasn't the ba**s to step up to the plate where it really matter.

End of story!

Can't agree with you there Bewitcher. I think he shown he as much as others and more then some.

He's not frightened of Racing anyone.

What the real reason he not in GPs we may never know.

Emil made it clear when he pulled out of the GP's in 2014 that it was for financial reasons. Czestochowa owed him loads of zlotys at that time. Also he said that his sponsors were an issue in preventing him riding in the series. Unclear what he meant by that,but as the series is not shown on TV in Russia any Russian sponsorship would be hard to find. This won't be helped by the fact that he took out Polish citizenship. Of course at that time he was also troubled with many injuries.

With reference to his ability, this is surely not in question. Anyone who watches him regularly in Poland and Sweden can see that he would be a welcome addition to the GP roster.